[CIV] New Scotland

HG_CassiusA

Hallowed are the Ori
New civ complete with two new leaders (no new leaderheads though), flags, diplomacy music, and well formatted Pedia entries.

The Scottish trait is Industrious
William Alexander is Tolerant
William Paterson is Charismatic

The represented Scottish king is King William II of Scotland (known in Scotland as "King Billy") who was also King William III of England and Ireland.

To install, simply extract to the Mods folder where you have Colonization installed.

Enjoy :)
New Scotland v.1 DOWNLOAD

Any special units? Didn't debt arrising from an attempt to colonize Panama lead to Scotland joining the United Kingdom?

Yes, Scotland spent one fifth of its entire wealth (Sir William Paterson raised 400,000 pounds (and I apologize for not knowing the keyboard shortcut for the symbol)) on the Darien scheme and it's failure did result in much support for union with England so that Scottish merchants could gain access to the English colonies.

Unfortunately there's currently no special units, although if I can find appropriate unit graphics I want to have colonists with kilts. I'm also looking for unit selection and ordering sounds so I can move away from the stock English ones.

So if your playing as Scotland your goal in not to lose and become part of England. Any way to mod this so that if you delcare independance you get attacked by the English king? My Scottish ancestor came to America as part of the Corp of Engineers to lay out settlements in Georgia and later got some land for fighting the Spanish in the Battle of the Marshes.

I could try to add Scotland as a derivative civ for the English king in the same way the English colonies already are (in code, the kings are the leaders of their very own civ). I'm not sure if it will cause bugs or not though, so it'll need some testing.

EDIT: The tag only allows one derivative civ, so that idea is out.

Top Bottom