ROTM - Rise of the Mongols

The sounds in there are the (rotten)fruits of my previous labors.:(

Meaning I tried, but it didn't work.:cry:

Did the Mongol Light Cavalry work (I was too lazy to test it).

Here's the Mongol Foot Solider

I used mostly Swordsman sounds, except for attackA, which is an arrow attack (I used the Archer sounds) and victory uses the Gallic Swordsman's victory.

Thanx. Will try soon.:)

Sorry, guys. I'll test the sounds later today.

I'm PMing North King. I REALLY need his feedback before moving on.

Once again, I din't test out the sounds, but I've got nothing but free time tommorow. So I'll definately get back to ya.:cool:

Post 191 has the download link.:)

The sound links are in two downloads

One of this page, one on the bottom of last page.

They are just the ini files, backup your original ones, and put in this one

Than see if it crashes. If it doesn't crash, see if the sound works right.

Edited because I read something wrong. :blush: :mischief:

Soo... Any feedback?:D

:bump:

Sarevok? I really need feedback before moving on to the next phase (gamma).:(

Sarevok and NK both say they've been busy. I cannot move on with at least one other beta tester doing the scen.

I'll wait a few more days to see if one of them can gimme some feedback.

:bump:
Sarevok? NK?

Quick test, two turns in, and critique:

Mongol foot soldier should at least have a defense of two.

Firelancer: offense needs to be checked for AI strategies. I don't know why that option is grayed in the editor, modders? Also, give it a larger defense, perhaps a 5/4/1 unit overall.

Thunder Crash Bomb: A few suggestions, one, have an increased rate of fire, I think, to allow it to bombard the enemy more than just one time with a movement point. Two, have people have more of them... Also, make the sound effect something bigger, more impressive, like a loud thundering explosion. They were called "Thunder" Crash Bombs for a reason... :lol: Have them sound like something that will make the player sit up and take notice, something to make it more than a drudgerous conquest. :)

Korea: Should have Thunder Crash Bombs, and more. They took about thirty years for the creme de la creme of the Mongol Army to subdue.

Populations: You know about this already, I suspect.

VP locations: Why scattered around the map? Put them on enemy capitals.

Crusades: Crusaders too strong, Mamlukes too weak. Though I suspect adding populations will do the trick. Basically, add more units to the defense of the Arabs. They actually were winning against the Crusaders, until the Mongols threw the towel in that plan. :)

Byzantines: Too weak. They lost a city on the second turn in on my game. Give them a special unit, the cataphractoi. Or at least place a few riders. Something like that. Also, give them a beserker in their capital, and rename it Varangian Guard. Just for looks. :p

French, English: Should be in.

I haven't played any further than that.

English: Not on map.:p

Thank you. I'll wait two more days for Sarevok, then make the gamma test.:)

I've been currently working on "The Warring States Period" of Chinese history mod. I'm actually a East Asian History Major - about to graduate. But I can provide you with more look into the history of the Mongols of this period. The War in which the mongols undertook was mostly an East Asian war. Temujin fought to destroy the Chinese Empires - the rest of Asia was mostly an after thought. They simply conquered it because they could. Of course, Mongolians really didn't conquer to hold land, but more so raid its resources and leave nothing left (alive). So how can you make the rules like that. For civillizations I suggest.

If you want more information, e-mail me at iovah111@hotmail.com.

Here are civillizations you should include. However, there are so many that you will have to exclude some. If you must exlude any, exclude the European factions like Germany, Poland, Hungary because the war with the Europeans was mostly peripheral to the Mongols being so far away, hence their withdrawl so rapidly from Europe on their march towards Rome. More important to the Mongolians was that which was within closer ride of a horse.

Mongols-Genghis Khan Temujin, Karakorum (later changed to Dadu in 1264, China, near modern) Beijing

Song (Southern China)-Empress Dowager Xie (Chinese leader during the mongol invasion, the Empreror was only a child at the time), Hangzhou

Jin (Jurchen, Northern China)-Emperor Aguda (Founder of Jin and most famous of the Jurchen leaders), Beiping (not Beijing/Peking, it wasn't called that untill 1421)

Xixia (Tangut, North West China)-King Li Anquan, Ningxia

Koryo (Korean)-King Ko-jong, Kaesong

Tibet-Lama Phagpa, Lhasa

Japan- Hojo Tokimune, Kamakura

Nan-Chao (Thai)-King Tuan Hsing-Chih, T'ai-Li

Annam (Annamese)-King Thanh-tong, Hanoi

Pagan (Burmese)-King Narathihapate, Pagan

Cumans (Cuman)-Khan Kotian

Khwarazm (Iranian)-Sultan Muhammad II, Samarkand

Delhi Sultanate (Turkic)-Sultan Iltutmish, Delhi

Abbasid Caliphate (Arabic)-Caliph Mustasim, Baghdad

Seljuks of Rum (Turkish)-Sultan Kay Khusraw II, Konya