Sevo's Civilopedia

Maybe it will look a bit better if the arrow had some short horisontal line with it so you easy spot that it's an arrow (and not just a triangle).

Hey, it's Tubadave... Tubadave is an old handle, so I'm switching to this better one before I actually put this out there :)

Either way, I'm almost done! Here it is integrated with Sevomod without (much of) a hitch. I just had to increase the number of iterations for one of my algorithms to handle the slightly more complex graph.

I tried integrating it with Fall From Heaven, but the upgrade graph for that game is so complex it takes me a while to figure out a decent layout... the algorithm is up the creek. I might try to implement a few more tools specifically for people wishing to add this to their mod, specifically an exception list for mods that have a dummy unit that is just used to make sure you can always build a particular unit or something similar, and a hints list, that lets you provide hints for the vertical positioning of the units/promotions. I'll also try allowing for a list of units that are duplicated for each unit they upgrade from. The goal is to make it so it remains as automatic as possible with as few hints as possible so you don't have to come back to it every time you add a new unit or promotion.

Either way, I'll put up what I have before I work on that feature.

Progor,

This looks fantastic. I would love to integrate this into the TotalRealism Mod. Do you wish to join our team as a freelancer (just for this feature) to do this changes? We work on a SVN repository.

Otherwise may you please make these files public and we try to merge them. Hopefully, it is not that complicated.

Many thanks
HOuman

Progor said:
Hey, it's Tubadave... Tubadave is an old handle, so I'm switching to this better one before I actually put this out there :)

Either way, I'm almost done! Here it is integrated with Sevomod without (much of) a hitch. I just had to increase the number of iterations for one of my algorithms to handle the slightly more complex graph.

Wow! Killa. This is great. You're even doing the integration for Sevomod! :D

I'm going on vacation and leaving the rest up to you!
;)

Well, for sevomod, I just fixed up the integration for sevopedia, then copied it directly over to the sevomod folder... it worked, but no promises it will work perfectly. I'll include the CvPediaMain.py for Sevopedia, and you can look through it to see if I missed anything.

I really wanted to get this working in Fall from Heaven, since it is by far the most active of the mods available, and it is an excellent stretch of the algorithm's abilities. I've finished tweaking it so you can tell it to ignore certain links. For example, in FfH, the Ranger, Stygian Guard, and Dwarven Soldier are all units that appear in two or more distinct upgrade paths -- the ranger can be reached starting with a warrior, scout, or disciple of leaves. Since these units tend to hold several graphs together and make them difficult to understand, leaving them out of the graph search algorithm and just copying the unit in each of the graphs they are a part of makes the algorithm split them up into 3 logical graphs, instead of one jumbled mass.

Fall From Heaven

BEFORE

AFTER

I've added some variables to the script so modders can customize the size and placement of icons a bit.

Now I think I'm happy enough with it to put it out there in a new thread. I'll post a link here when I get it done.

Houman, the merge process is practically pain free. If you've merged Sevopedia into your project, this is easier.

At most you will have to change two files:
\Assets\XML\Text\CIV4GameText_UnitUpgrades.xml
\Assets\Python\Screens\CvPediaMain.py

I'll post a CvPediaMain for the Vanilla pedia and the Sevopedia, that should give you enough to look at. All changes are marked with comments. The xml file is just adding a few lines at the top. Everything else is just unzipping files into the right directory.

Hi.

1 single question. Does the MOD work with 1.61?

Regards, .

dot said:
Hi.

1 single question. Does the MOD work with 1.61?

Regards, .

Yes--but there is a more up to date version that includes additional work by Vovan, Fitchn, and Progor. Refer to the posts above yours.

is there a way to add wikipedia links to each entry?

i want to use this in a classroom and would like to have easier access to wiki links... if not i can use the wiki page and refer it to the students

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilization_IV

I like it since they can click on words like iron, and get more information.

if this isn't possible are original/older units updated with additional information or just "updated patch entries"?

additional information (if its not already in) i would need for teaching:
1. I would like to have their original location (monuments, civilizatiosn ect)
2. I would like to have a general timeframe (not to memorize but so they get a better idea)
3. Accurate information or less bias... such as mao.. he helped kill 60 million people... might want to add that one lol

Is it possible to modify Proger's upgrade path system to use the more squarish/right angle stlye of Arrows that the original Vovan tree used, I find these to be more asteticaly pleasing and match the style used in the games Tech Tree viewer. Speaking of which is it should be possible to make the Tech Tree view a page under the Pedia, I always find it anoying that I must start a throwaway game just to see this information which should be avalible in the Pedia.

Impaler[WrG] said:
Is it possible to modify Proger's upgrade path system to use the more squarish/right angle stlye of Arrows that the original Vovan tree used, I find these to be more asteticaly pleasing and match the style used in the games Tech Tree viewer. Speaking of which is it should be possible to make the Tech Tree view a page under the Pedia, I always find it anoying that I must start a throwaway game just to see this information which should be avalible in the Pedia.

I don't know about the arrows off the top of my head; Vovan and Progor did all the coding on those components, but I imagine it could be done, if nothing else, by comparing the original vovan code with the new stuff.

As to the tech tree--I agree with you totally. Annoying to have to start a game. I do so much modding and it's so integral to the units and whatnot that I finally made one out by hand and stuck it next to my monitor, but an in-pedia tech tree makes sense. If I get a chance I'll look at throwing one in there.

First of all, I have to thank Sevo and all the other Sevopedia contributors and its upgrades. I've been using it since 1.52, got used to it and can't imagine playing without it!

Does Sevopedia work with Warlords? It appears it doesn't.
Anybody working on an upgrade?
What can be the problem (I've tried the Vovan's version, the game crashes)?
Can I help? (I have minor python skills, but I am a programmer, so I can learn :))

Howdy,
Firstly, I suggest starting a new thread devoted to the new and improved "Superpedia" including works of like 3 modders. It would make it way easier as to what files to download.

Secondly, what's the word on Warlords compatability?

Top Bottom