[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Kael said:
Let me see if I can get the traits listed on the leaders.

All suggestions are welcome. wether or not they wil be used..... ;)

In all honesty Im not opposed to more leaders if their is a general concensus that it is needed. But it will take a good reason to create one (more than wanting a different trait combination). A leaderhead is the most complex object in the game and take the most to produce when done well.

That said it take 2 clicks to change the traits around with the FfH2 editor (which you will also have today). So if you want a current leader to have different traits is easy enough to change them yourself, as long as you have excel. I wish you didnt need excel but there isnt much I can do about that.

(begin babbling..)

And the fact that certain combinations don't exist is intentional design. So even though you may want to play with a certain combo that may included in the design. In vanilla civ the civs laregly play the same except for the 2 traits and 1 UU. That is so much different in FfH2 and Im sure you will find youself wishing you had the Clan units, the Elohim traits, the Amurite buildings and the grigori heroes (for example). We tend to think of balance as we compare one specific aspect of a civ with another, that will not work with FfH2.

(end babbling)

Leaderheads are really that hard to program? I thought you were using static leaderheads?

I can see how animated leaderheads would be hard though definitly! :)

Im taking a C++ class right now and ive just learned the basics of C++ programming. Its my first programming language.

I dont know if this game uses C++ or not but if it does maybe once i finish my course i can make my own mods! :)

Civs post updated with all the traits.

Xanikk999 said:
Leaderheads are really that hard to program? I thought you were using static leaderheads?

I can see how animated leaderheads would be hard though definitly! :)

Thats just the picture. A leaderhead is much more than just the pic, you have all of the diplomacy tags, personality settings, etc. definitly the most complicated of the object types to produce (as compared to units, buildings, etc).

Xanikk999 said:
Im taking a C++ class right now and ive just learned the basics of C++ programming. Its my first programming language.

I dont know if this game uses C++ or not but if it does maybe once i finish my course i can make my own mods! :)

The SDK is all in C++ so pay attention in class and you will be able to do all sorts of amazing things.

Maybe Scorched Earth would turn all captured cities in barbarian ones, with only 1 pop and no buildings. You would get additional money, though. Capuring cities under 4 pop would destroy them completely. So recapturing that barb city would destroy it.

Could you put the description of each Trait in this topic? Some of them i dont know... but they do seem interesting. And some leaders have three traits? Wow! What kind of disvantage they have, slower population growth (sp), or something like that?

Brancaleone said:
Could you put the description of each Trait in this topic? Some of them i dont know... but they do seem interesting. And some leaders have three traits? Wow! What kind of disvantage they have, slower population growth (sp), or something like that?

They are all in the traits thread in the FfH2 forum (link in the first post).

Sisonpyh said:
Are we there yet?

:cry: :cry:

Yeap, the link is in the first post. Have fun. :D

Downloading as I type :)

I really liked FfH1, and am more than anxious to try v.2

Keep up the good work :goodjob:

Already begun the download :D 16% so far , uhmm can't wait , have to put some coffee over right away :-D

so unfair . its only at 44% here now grrr :) Well then I might aswell get some cig's ready too :) coffee - cigarettes and ffh uhmm

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Downloading...

You people are doing a fantastic job of putting that mod together like that! :goodjob:

Played the 1.0 version, can't wait to see how this one will look like. :crazyeye:

82% and counting, I have to admit, I'm actually more excited about this release than I was when Civ IV actually came out

You interested in bug reports? I'm sure you're aware of some issues (missing text files etc.), but I think this one ought to be pointed out:

As you can see, Orthus appears twice in the same city, although he is supposed to be a unique unit.

Top Bottom