[MOD] Speed Mod

Can you mix it with 3 city raduis mod?.

Wow, very cool! Kael, you've made great contributions to CIV 4 and the community. Thanks! :goodjob:

does anyone else have problems using speed mod with the new warlords patch?

I am in multiplayer games, it just crashes as soon as the map generates and the game itself begins. I have yet to try a single player game

does anyone else have problems using speed mod with the new warlords patch?

I am in multiplayer games, it just crashes as soon as the map generates and the game itself begins. I have yet to try a single player game

yes, known problem - dll from 2.08 is incompatible with 2.13

Yeah, a function change in a patch is a pain. I will be posting a new version soon. Give me a little time to rebuild and recompile.

haha, alright, its not really a problem, im just playing the unmodded version for now, I just wasnt sure if you knew about it

from what i see, they didnt actually follow the SPEEDMOD(disabling python calls) but instead somehow managed to tremendeously boost speed by the python translator..not sure, just guessing on that, but...all pythons are still exposed, yet it's tonswise faster then speedmod enhances warlords..so whatever solution they did, it has a greater impact on gamespeed anyway..

thanks guys for the reply,

im sure that speed mod was included in bts, of its routines,

but, i meant, perhaps if kael is planing to make another speed mod that changes some more stuff,

like in the way that dale coudnt include all his stuff in bts, so his getting a patch for road t war...
:)

Alex implemented the ability to disable python calls (they are disabled by default). So instead of something like SpeedMod, which turns them all off and can't be modded, modders can enable the python mods they want.

So I don't plan on making a version of SpeedMod for BtS.

The only exception would be that Alex didn't actually disable all the python routines, just some of the most frequently called. I may make another version if there is a significant performance improvement in doing so, but at this point I don't see any indication that there is.

So where can I get Alex's version of Speed Mod?

Alex is the lead programmer and lead designer for Beyond the Sword. Its all in BtS.

Top Bottom