[BtS] "Extra"

There is more than one way. First the DLL Chiyu includes with the mod only has Solver's patch. You can get one of the DLLs permitting 34 or even 40 civs. And replace the current DLL with it. You will however lose the fixes in Solver's patch.

Another option if you are a modder youself is to merge the code of any of these DLLs with Solver's code and have a DLL that combine them. You can also post a request for such a DLL on the mod components forum (There is a thread there for such requests).

Last option I know about is to get a mod that already merges both components and use its DLL with extra. I know that Keldath's overlord mod has such a DLL but it also includes Dale's bombardment component. Which is by the way a very good component in itself. It is also part of the official RtW mod so including it agrees with the rules Chiyu chose for his mod. I actually would love to see these components combined into Extra.

No to gigantic map, No to marathon and yes to 40 civs :D

Hi, great mod, my favorite atm :)

I found a little bug about arcologies : when you build an arcology, and you upgrade it to arcology shielding, you can then rebuild a basic arcology, then if you upgrade again your first arcology to advanced shielding, you can upgrade your second arcology to arcology shielding and then you can rebuild a basic arcology :D

Well, I don't know if this is comprehensive so to sum it : you can have all 3 type of arcologies at the same time, the result in picture :

Yes, you should re-download 2.7, as they were re-uploaded themselves a day after the release with this bug fixed (I didn't release a new version for just that little bugfix). Try it :)

As promised, here is 2.8. No a and b anymore, since it seems to be very easy to disable leaders you don't want anyway.

- As I wasn't happy with the 'pagan temples', I decided to remove the pagan religions altogether (for now).
- Removed the Healer, but replaced him with the Supply Train from Charlemagne's Wars.
- Added Plato's Academy from Peloponnesian War (Warlords) as a world wonder.
- Added Theatre of Dionysus from Peloponnesian War (Warlords) as a world wonder.
- Added The Colosseum from Rhye's and Fall of Civilization (BtS) as a world wonder (renamed it to Flavian Amphitheatre and made it a little less powerful).
- Added The Leaning Tower (of Pisa) from Rhye's and Fall of Civilization (BtS) as a world wonder.

I think I found an odd bug with military encampments. The extra XP from them appears to be disabled when you can't build anymore.

For example, if I have 3 barracks, I build a military encampment (ME) somewhere. Then I build a fourth barracks. I cannot yet build another ME, until I have 6 barracks. However, until I build that 6th barracks, the xp from the ME in the city in which its already built does not take effect. However, it will take effect again once the 6th barracks is built... until I build a 7th. Heh.

Hope that makes sense. I saw the effect of the ME popping in and out, and only just figured it out at the end of my last game, but I'm pretty sure this is the issue.

ew

Hey there Chiyu, I am having some problems with your mod. The assault mechs seem to go invisible as is shown on the screenshot attacthed.

And the dreadnought unit seems to intermerge with the assault mech image. I think its a great mod, but just these two issues make late game play very frustrating!

Attachments

• bug.jpg
    bug.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 267
this is the bug again, on the left, is the assault mech, which is invisible, on the right there is the dreadnought which seems to have merged with the image of the asault mech

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 259
Hi, great mod, my favorite atm :)

I found a little bug about arcologies : when you build an arcology, and you upgrade it to arcology shielding, you can then rebuild a basic arcology, then if you upgrade again your first arcology to advanced shielding, you can upgrade your second arcology to arcology shielding and then you can rebuild a basic arcology :D

Well, I don't know if this is comprehensive so to sum it : you can have all 3 type of arcologies at the same time, the result in picture :

I've noticed that bug as well (Which is why I temporarly disabled them), I even saw one that made the Earth have a giant glass pimple.

Not sure if it's a bug in this mod or from the original scenario/mod itself.

@Aeven:
Quite possible ;).

@CivGeneral:
Hmm, I'm pretty sure that bug has been taken care for good of with version 2.8.. What version are you using?
edit: and whenever you "patch" your version of the mod, be sure to remove the old version before you install the new one! Because in the newer versions, a file has been taken out that was partly to blame for the trouble with these arcology shields (an alternative stable building).

I have experianced this in a different Mod (Expantion pack). Not sure if it appears in the Next War Mod/Scenario.

What is the file was causing the problem that you took care of? So I know when I have to manualy fix an mod/scenario that uses the Arcos that has that particular bug.

Well, as for the three shields at once: you need to make sure that you have a CvGameUtils.py file that ensures that players can't build the Arcology when they have an Arcology Shield (and can't build an Arcology or Arcology Shield when they have the Advanced Shield) and a CvEventManager.py that removes the Arcology once you build ann Arcology Shield (and removes an Arcology Shield once you build an Advanced Shield). You can find these correct python files in the current version (2.9) of the Extra mod and use them in other mods as well if you like.

As for the huuuge shields that appear sometime, you have to remove the alternate Stable directory at C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Extra\Assets\Art\Structures\Buildings. In the newer versions of the mod (2.6, 2.7, 2.8 and 2.9), this file has already been removed (it first appeared when I integrated the ethnic units and city styles from another mod).

Top Bottom