Random Rants VI: See, this is why we can't have nice things!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rant 1

I haven't been able to get to sleep before 5am last night and the night before. When I have to wake up at 7:30, this is a problem all day. I want a nap.

Rant 2-21

We've got a lot of our Pennsic work done, but there's still a ton to go, with less than two weeks remaining to do it in. I've still got to plan and construct a brand new fabric roof for the large pavilion, waterproof it, and install it. I've still got to finish cutting and sanding the gnomon for the sundial, not to mention install a base on the back of the face and prime, paint, and detail the whole thing, then waterproof it. I've still got to make three dresses from fabric I haven't even purchased yet. I've still got to work out this year's calendar. I've still got to get a hold of some particular chemicals. I've still got to pay for all this! We've still got to load the trailer. This part is like twenty rants rolled into one. I have <b>so much</b> to do. And I've got this week, this weekend, and next Monday and Tuesday to do it.

Rant 22

In order to help pay for this, I'm selling one of my NES cartridges on eBay. It's a hard-to-find game so I'm probably going to pocket about $100, but I hate to part with it.

Rant 23

I'm sore. Partly 'cause of not enough sleep, and partly 'cause of all the construction yesterday.

I'm taking GED classes, because the state requires me too in order to get a GED, which I need to be accepted to college. For some reason my 690 reading and 660 math scores on the SAT aren't enough (that's about 90th percentile). Now that's a rant itself, but there's more!

At these classes everyone is freaking moron. On break time when I get go get a soda everyone else just smokes and talks about smoking pot. Really gets old, and the classes are friggin lame too! The teacher spent like two hours explaining time zones, and people still barely understood what they were! Plus the teacher is a raging Liberal which is better than the alternative considering I'm very Liberal myself. Not in the way she is though, I mean she told us how Gore won Florida by a landslide in 2000, but Jeb Bush claimed his states votes went to Bush instead so Bush won... And she told us how the second Amendment only meant that our country had a right to maintain a military and nothing else. I mean I do prefer a 2nd Amendment interpretation other than the Supreme Court one, but still I'm not going to pretend there isn't debate there...
Only upside is she's really hot:D

I dunno what triggered the whole thing, but I can no longer stand anthropomorphized aliens anymore. Wait, I know what triggered it, it's that ridiculous love story between Shepard and the blue alien in the video game Mass Effect. Even though there is a thorough background explaining how that specific species does not reproduce through sexual intercourse, she still has a nice rack. :rolleyes:
But I am thoroughly tired of seeing aliens being humans with a different skin color, and sometimes, to show that OH MY GOD THEY REALLY ARE DIFFERENT, a different skin texture. HOW WILD IS THAT?

Star Wars and Star Trek are probably the worst offenders. I mean, pointy ears and bam! you're an alien.

LOL ALIEN!

SHE LOOKS SO DIFFERENT! Apparently a nice cleavage is the most common biological feature in the entire universe.

bad hairday = alien!

And here I've got to dissect the Wiki article, because it's so ridiculous.
All asari are mono-gendered, although they display, from a human point of view, female characteristics,

HOW FREAKING CONVENIENT! Dang, I'm glad they evolved specifically to satisfy the psyche of males of a different species!

with the ability to bear and nurse children. Their reproductive and dual nervous systems allow them to mate with any species or gender, with whom the offspring is always female and of the asari race.

WIN-WIN!

The asari are capable of participating in and enjoying physical sexual contact.

WOOT!

However, to produce offspring, they form a mental and spiritual connection with their partners, and by doing so, draw genetic material which is combined with their own to produce offspring in a form of parthenogenesis.

It's not just sex, it's deep and meaningful because it's a mental and spiritual connection, you see. What that means is that yes, you get to bone her, but be sure to choose the right dialogue options.

Agreed on Star Wars. Mandalorians look EXACTLY THE SAME as humans, the only difference is that Mandalorians are a lot more violent.

And Wookie = Sasquatch, Wampa = Abominable Snowman, Geonosian = Very, very, very big bug, and Gungan = Annoying.

Having a hot teacher is terrible in my opinion. At least if you hope to learn anything.

While I agree with you. Understanding simple things like how seasons work (eg when it's summer in the North it's winter in the South etc.) doesn't require a great deal of my concentration... In fact it doesn't even require learning, anything I didn't know by the time I was about ten.

Having a hot teacher is terrible in my opinion. At least if you hope to learn anything.

I had the hottest teacher ever in high school. It was my only D. Seriously she was so hot.

Maquerade that was quite a rant I agree with you though.

Two things:

#1: Aliens are anthromoporph--err, arthriticopomorhp--err, anthraxomorphic--

:mad: --Christ--

--they LOOK LIKE HUMANS because it's cheaper to make that kind of costume.

#2: I had a high school teacher (just one, sadly) who was both hot AND intelligent. Believe me, you learn a LOT from that kind of teacher. Well, at least I did. :D

Moderator Action: Some posts deleted, Nylan, don't do that again.

I don't think people are ready to accept sentient aliens that look like paperclips, for example.

Two things:

#1: Aliens are anthromoporph--err, arthriticopomorhp--err, anthraxomorphic--

:mad: --Christ--

--they LOOK LIKE HUMANS because it's cheaper to make that kind of costume.

Yeah, I'll grant you that for the old '70s flicks.

But for a computer game?

I don't think people are ready to accept sentient aliens that look like paperclips, for example.

I'll take a paperclip any day over a blue-boobed alien.

Well did you ever see those jelly fished aliens in the game.

My dad's considering moving us to CANADA! No, I don't wanna be a Canadian and add eh to every sentence! (No offense to any Canadians.)

My dad's considering moving us to CANADA! No, I don't wanna be a Canadian and add eh to every sentence! (No offense to any Canadians.)

Then... don't? What's wrong with Canada? Canada has some nice things.

Mostly the problems with moving anywhere, missing friends, having to learn new stuff, (Now I have to learn Canadian History if we do), and since I'm in school, problems with school learning, not to mention other things like my Karate classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom