Download link and version info

Posting version 1.52 ... will update when complete

Thanks Jdog! I just say it again, thank you for your efforts. :goodjob:

May I say this about developing code:
The computer does not care for our logical constructs in the slightest. It is completely indifferent to them. Yet at the same time, the computer is totally unforgiving of them as well. Thus the developer faces a paradoxical dilemma when working with computers, that they are indifferent and also unforgiving.

Cheers.

Version 1.52 has been posted.

Fixes the problems with loading saves. You should be able to load saves from 1.51 in 1.52.

Also many thanks to jojoweb for figuring out how to force unit flags to update in game!!! You can now change any player's civ type and leader mid game and all the art seems to update correctly. Check it out with Ctrl+Shift+P, it's kind of cool ... one note, because of the way updating is done if you change your civ type you will get era change popups. You haven't actually gone into the future, it's just a neat way to force updates to graphics. A big round of applause for jojoweb!

Enjoy

No, not scenario compatible ... Revolution requires quite a few new variables saved with each city which is really what break scenario compatibility I think.

It must be theoretically possible to design a converter which would insert these variables into a save though. It would be awesome to have a version of some of your scenarios for this mod ...
That would be awesome if you could write up a program that added the necessary changes to the World Builder file! :thumbsup: Yea, I was thinking of incorporating this MOD into my scenario's with pre set events that help the Revolutions to take place at the right time periods!

I saw you included the revbtn but its not called in the python so here is the modified code

Code:
		# < Revolution Mod Start >
		# Appears name must have a one at the end to register mouseover events ...
		if (revConfig.getboolean("Revolution", "WatchButtonInLine", False)):
			screen.setImageButton("RevWatchButton1", "Art/Interface/Buttons/revbtn.dds", xResolution - 277 - 25, 27, 28, 28, WidgetTypes.WIDGET_GENERAL, -1, -1 )
		else :
			screen.setImageButton("RevWatchButton1", "Art/Interface/Buttons/revbtn.dds", xResolution - 28, 56, 28, 28, WidgetTypes.WIDGET_GENERAL, -1, -1 )
		screen.setStyle( "RevWatchButton1", "Button_HUDAdvisorVictory_Style" )
		screen.hide( "RevWatchButton1" )
		# < Revolution Mod End >

Version 1.6 for BTS 3.17 has been posted!

Includes Solver's unofficial patch plus changes from the Better BTS AI project. The StartAsMinors feature has matured and plays really well, I recommend checking it out. The start of the game is now very dynamic as all civs start at war and as they settle the AI will often choose to maintain an active war it thinks it can win.

Other things you'll notice in the interface are the ability to switch between top 20 civs and all civs on the scoreboard and the days of the second red fist as the RevWatch button are done. Also added glider's changes to the Foreign Advisor to help manage high numbers of civs. In the RevWatch the Improving/Worsening calculation is much improved and depends on a new rolling average of the cities RevIndex.

There's lots more ... enjoy!

Version 1.6bts 06/22/08
Spoiler :

Updated to BTS 3.17
Added Solver's unofficial patch from 6/21
Updated the merging and SDK documentation ... long overdue

SDK
- Changes to how wars between minors are handled when changing minor status
- When a minor civ becomes full they may now choose to keep an existing war active, and other players may also choose to keep wars active (human player can choose to declare war in the "nice to meet you" diplo screen)
- Partially moved militaristic barb civ war declaration choices into SDK, now based more on current war plans, history between players, and uses a better measure of proximity plus integrates with above StartAsMinors feature
- Added CvGame::changeHumanPlayer which transfers all player options (requested by TheLastOne36)
- Added CvCity::getRevIdxAverage and related functions which contains a rolling average of the cities revIndex
- Added stability index, average for CvPlayer and exposed to Python
- Modified debug mode output for various forms of testing
- AI: Fixed Firaxis bug in CvPlayerAI::AI_playerCloseness using Fix A from Better BTS AI discussion thread
- AI: Added several other changes to how closeness is handled from Better BTS AI due to above fix

Revolution
- RevWatch religion category now split into good State Religion and bad Non-state Religion
- RevWatch trend of improving/worsening now based on comparison to rolling average, not just sum of local factors
- Beginnings of implementation of civ stability index
- Nerfed city distance effects a little in .ini
- Reduced not connected to capital penalty, capped it for later/larger cities
- Fixed debug assert failing when state religion is -1

BarbarianCiv
- Improved support for Start As Minors option, barbs without writing can now get settling benefits without becoming full civs
- Added new variable to determining when to attack the first civ they can contact
- Changed order of checks when determining whether a barb civ can build a unit to satisfy debug asserts
- When giving barb civs units that are intended to be attackers, unit AI now forced to be something other than city defense
- Minor barb civs now get more attack units, particularly in later eras, higher levels
- Minor barb civs don't get free scouts in the new world
- If you control a militaristic barb civ when it settles into a full civ, you now control war declarations

StartAsMinors
- Added conversion for new class of settled but still minor barbs

RevEvents
- Changed order of checks when determining whether a player can build a unit to satisfy debug asserts
- Fixed bug in logic canceling all wars on death, no longer cancels wars against minor civs

RevUtils
- Reworked messy functions for determining what rebel types to spawn
- Added debug wrappers for above functions
- Rebels spawning in countryside now get more attack units, fewer defense units
- Modified changeHuman to use new SDK method

RevolutionInit
- Fixed bug causing StartAsMinors to only work if DynamicCivNames was also enabled plus show incorrectly in active components popup (reported by Cybah)

CvMainInterface
- Improved scoreboard mod so that by clicking on the bottom string you can alternate between long and short scoreboard display. Bottom string now says 'More' if there are undisplayed civs, 'Less' if it can shrink based on your settings
- Changed artwork for RevWatch button (thanks to Ekmek)
- RevWatch button now uses a blank style so it doesn't switch to fist when rolling over

RevolutionText.xml
- Added several new tags for RevWatch

RevolutionScreenText.xml
- Added two new tags for scoreboard mod

jdog I tend to play glider's RevDCM. I see that for barbcivs you can set a limit, but there isn't a similar option for breaway civs so you still run into the issue of the massive number of civs slowing down the machine. Any chance you can add a breakaway limit in a later revision, i think maybe if the limit is reached then increase the odds of the leadswitching function to occur to compensate for the lessening of breakaways.

thx for the awesome (RevDCM is the only way I play!)

You can also set a limit on civs for Revolution (they don't have to be the same), search for MaxCivs ... there are a lot of options in the Revolution section so they can be hard to find.

I'll definitely keep you idea about adjusting Revolt behavior near/at the cap in mind when I'm rewriting the Revolt launching code in the near future.

I'll definitely keep you idea about adjusting Revolt behavior near/at the cap in mind when I'm rewriting the Revolt launching code in the near future.

I just thoughht of another idea. besides switching leaders if there is a chance of a breakaway and the number of civs has reached the limit maybe having them switch to barbarian cities. in this case instead of breaking away and having a civil war they have descended into anarchy.

Version 1.61 is up!

Added Solver's unofficial patch 0.17 plus the latest Better BTS AI. One important fix for the AI handling of wars with minor civs.

Version 1.61 06/25/08
Spoiler :

Merged in Solver's unofficial patch 0.17
Merged in Better BTS AI 0.2

SDK
- War weariness now decays faster (like if at peace) if enemy has no military units (typically a rebel with only spies)
- Created CvTeam function to return number of military units of member players
- Fixed important bug in handling of AreaAI in the presence of minor civs the player hasn't met
- Changes to debug mode output

is there a chance to also merge in: grave's flavored civics ? must be converted to 3.17 first anyway. is there a chance you could do this? msg me if you need the files.

is there a chance to also merge in: grave's flavored civics ? must be converted to 3.17 first anyway. is there a chance you could do this? msg me if you need the files.

Does it have it's own thread or is just a part of Grave's big pack? It's too bad he seems to have left.

Thanks a lot for this new release :)

Do you also plan to release new versions of BarbarianCiv and DynamicCivNames ?

Yeah, when I have a moment I will.

Will it never end? :p

Top Bottom