Chain Reactor and Nuke Bomber

phungus420

Deity
In my opinion RevDCM should conform as much as possible to straight BtS and simply be a merge of some good mod components that can be toggled on or off. This is because in my view the main purpose of RevDCM is to be a standardized, easy to use Core from which other modders can build quality mods out of. It basically functions as that now. The only main modcomps that are not toggleable are IDW and BetterAI. Come to think of it I should probably focus my energies now on making IDW a toggleable game option. Regardless IDW and BetterAI are simple game changes that don't change BtS tech progression, units or gameplay. Revolutions, DCM effects, Inquisitions, BarbarianCiv, Super Spies are all toggleable. Basically you can turn RevDCM into a game of default BtS with a betterAI, all except for the Chain Reactor and Nuke Bomber.

In my opinion these two things should go. They change the way Projects work, and further they can be turned easily into WoC modules. I just don't see the point as to why they are included in the base mod, and not WoC modules. Also another bonus in cutting these things is that RevDCM could then simply be BetterAI + BUG with other options to play with.

What are people's opinions on this? Would anyone mind if the Chain Reactor and Nuclear Bomber were turned into modules instead of part of the RevDCM core?

The only main modcomps that are not toggleable are IDW and BetterAI.

Not true. IDW is in the GlobalDefinesAlt

Code:
<Define>
        <DefineName>IDW_ENABLED</DefineName>
        <iDefineIntVal>1</iDefineIntVal>
    </Define>

As for Better AI, you'd have to be criminally insane to want a worse AI.
As for the other two, I have no opinion on the matter.

Top Bottom