Help Wanted Ads

You do realize that the buttons do work not in a FPK. For testing just leave them out and then went they are approved strategyonly can just pack them up in the core FPK. That's what DH did with the subdued animals.

Well, that's odd, in the art/interface/buttons folder in the FPK there are a lot of buttons. Are you saying that they are all unused/superfluous?

Well, that's odd, in the art/interface/buttons folder in the FPK there are a lot of buttons. Are you saying that they are all unused/superfluous?

Having them packed in a FPK speeds the game up, but for testing you can leave them out (of the FPK) until you know your unit and graphics are working ok.

This is why we ultimately pack up all our graphics in FPKs.

For example for my crow that i sent to DH for testing it was like this...

Crow (folder) = All the xml and schema files
Crow -> Art -> Interface -> Buttons -> Units = The Button/Icon DDS
Crow -> Art -> Units -> Crow = The Mesh and Textures DDS/NIF

The engine looks for art in the art folder first then in the various FPK files. That way you can put new stuff or replace old stuff by using the art folder. That is what I am currently doing with the tech tree religion icons. They are in the FPK but the ones in the art folder are the ones you see in game.

@ls612

Here is the Nakharar in WoL. The art defines says ...

Code:
 		<UnitArtInfo>
			<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_ARMENIAN_NAKHARAR</Type>
			<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/nakharar.dds</Button>
			<fScale>0.42</fScale>
			<fInterfaceScale>0.9</fInterfaceScale>
			<bActAsLand>0</bActAsLand>
			<bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
			<NIF>Art/Units/Nakharar/SassanidCataphractFancyHelmet.nif</NIF>
			<KFM>Art/Units/Unique_Byzantine_Cataphract/Unique_Byzantine_Cataphract.kfm</KFM>
			<SHADERNIF/>
			<ShadowDef>
				<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/HorseShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
				<ShadowAttachNode>BIP Pelvis</ShadowAttachNode>
				<fShadowScale>1.0</fShadowScale>
			</ShadowDef>
			<fBattleDistance>0.35</fBattleDistance>
			<fRangedDeathTime>0.31</fRangedDeathTime>
			<bActAsRanged>0</bActAsRanged>
			<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIT</TrainSound>
			<AudioRunSounds>
				<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
				<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
			</AudioRunSounds>
		</UnitArtInfo>

So it has to be there somewhere.

@ls612

Looking in the C2C Units.FPK I see that the Nakharar is already there under art/units/unique/armenia/nakharar.

Also here is the button icon for it. It was extracted from WoL.

In fact if i recall the following units have ...

Nakharar
Mesh: Already in Unit.FPK
Button: (See Attachment)

Jaeger
Button: Already in Unit.FPK

Sacred Band
Mesh: Not in Unit.FPK (Unit can be found here and a Pic)

Tiger Claw

Urumi Swordsman
Mesh: Wrong Model

Kallarani

@ls612

Looking in the C2C Units.FPK I see that the Nakharar is already there under art/units/unique/armenia/nakharar.

Also here is the button icon for it. It was extracted from WoL.

In fact if i recall the following units have ...

Nakharar
Button: (See Attachment)

Jaeger

Sacred Band
Mesh: Not in Unit.FPK (Unit can be found here and a Pic)

Tiger Claw

Urumi Swordsman

Kallarani

If it is already in the FPK you can just delete the relavent art files in the art folder in the file I send you. I already have the other five units working (except for a wierd bug with the Jaeger in the pedia, it works fine though in-game:confused:) The way I have it set up now all of the 'new' graphics in the unPAKed art folder.

So, in short, you can expect that file tomorrow (assuming nothing too unexpected happens).

EDIT: Here is what I have right now, please take a look and tell me what you think, thanks.

BTW @Hydro where do you want the steampunk tank and what stats should it have. It needs a button.

Here ya go ...

Steampunk Tank (National Unit - Limit 15)
Graphic: Here
Icon: ?
Type: Wheeled
Strength: 38
Movement: 1
Cost: 300
Req Tech: Steampunk
Req Resource: Coal AND (Iron OR Steel)
Req Building: Traction Engine Workshop
Upgrades To: Light Tank OR Tank

Special Abilities
  • Doesn't Receive Defensive Bonuses
  • Cost 1 Gold Per Turn
  • Starts with Blitz and Amphibious Promotions

Notes: Nearly the Same as the Early Tank.

Could you do the War Wheel too please?

War Wheel (National Unit - Limit 15)
Graphic: Here
Icon: ?
Type: Wheeled
Strength: 36
Movement: 2
Cost: 220
Req Tech: Steampunk
Req Resource: Coal AND Tires
Req Building: Traction Engine Workshop
Upgrades To: Jeep OR Humvee

Special Abilities
  • Can Withdrawal From Combat (10% Chance Chance)
  • Cannot Attack
  • Ignores Terrain Movement Costs
  • Starts with Sentry I, Guerrilla I and Woodsman I Promotions

Notes: Nearly the Same as the Motorcycle.

Thanks in advance! :goodjob:

If it is already in the FPK you can just delete the relavent art files in the art folder in the file I send you. I already have the other five units working (except for a wierd bug with the Jaeger in the pedia, it works fine though in-game:confused:) The way I have it set up now all of the 'new' graphics in the unPAKed art folder.

So, in short, you can expect that file tomorrow (assuming nothing too unexpected happens).

EDIT: Here is what I have right now, please take a look and tell me what you think, thanks.

Where should this file be put in the mods folder?

Where should this file be put in the mods folder?

The art gets merged with the assets/art folder, and the XML replaces the files with the same name. The gametext goes in the XML/Text folder.

Another small bug is that I can not find a good shaderdef for the Kallarani. The included NIF gives him Indian fastworker graphics, and the WoL version gives him a pink head for me. Probably something obvious I missed.

PS. would you like me to make DH's Steamtank tomorrow?

The art gets merged with the assets/art folder, and the XML replaces the files with the same name. The gametext goes in the XML/Text folder.

Another small bug is that I can not find a good shaderdef for the Kallarani. The included NIF gives him Indian fastworker graphics, and the WoL version gives him a pink head for me. Probably something obvious I missed.

PS. would you like me to make DH's Steamtank tomorrow?

1. Oh so its not modular at all. Ok...

2. Look at the buttons the Sacred Band is wrong and I think already included in the C2C FPK files. It should look like a blue due with a shield and a lace. I also think that the Kallarani and Urumi Swordsman model (they share the same model) are in the core as well. However there is a weird bug that changes it s appearance if your not a middle eastern civ. For instance for me playing the Romans it looked like a European style unit.

3. I think DH is doing it. Ask him. However the steampunk units would have to be modular. Can you do that?

4. I have another unit for you to do next after these are sorted out.

@ls612

Look at your buttons, som should not be there ...

Btn_SacredBand.dds
Not the right one. Remove. The right ones can be found here. I assume all the ones in this file are already included in the C2C.FPK

jaeger.dds
Also not the right one. Can be found in the link above and I also assume already in the FPK.

tigerclaw
Correct button but should already be in the FPK.

india_fast_worker_128.dds
What is this doing here? Its not even a button. Its a texture file for what appears to be the Fast Worker. I think this is your missing Pink head.

In short I think if you put the texture in the right place and remove those 3 buttons and then tell the art file where the buttons are located in the FPK then you will be fine.

Note I still have not looked at them in game yet. LOL.

1. Oh so its not modular at all. Ok...

2. Look at the buttons the Sacred Band is wrong and I think already included in the C2C FPK files. It should look like a blue due with a shield and a lace. I also think that the Kallarani and Urumi Swordsman model (they share the same model) are in the core as well. However there is a weird bug that changes it s appearance if your not a middle eastern civ. For instance for me playing the Romans it looked like a European style unit.

3. I think DH is doing it. Ask him. However the steampunk units would have to be modular. Can you do that?

4. I have another unit for you to do next after these are sorted out.
Well, I can fix that, are the FPK buttons/models on the same filepaths that I made?
It is probably better that you do it. I should get the subdue animals butchered and new wonders working.
Sure can do DH, as soon as I sort out the bugs in the previous batch.

@ls612

Look at your buttons, som should not be there ...

Btn_SacredBand.dds
Not the right one. Remove. The right ones can be found here. I assume all the ones in this file are already included in the C2C.FPK

jaeger.dds
Also not the right one. Can be found in the link above and I also assume already in the FPK.

tigerclaw
Correct button but should already be in the FPK.

india_fast_worker_128.dds
What is this doing here? Its not even a button. Its a texture file for what appears to be the Fast Worker. I think this is your missing Pink head.

In short I think if you put the texture in the right place and remove those 3 buttons and then tell the art file where the buttons are located in the FPK then you will be fine.

Note I still have not looked at them in game yet. LOL.

1. Oh cool, I didn't screw up as badly as I thought.:D I'll post the fixed file tomorrow.

2. I like moduar better actually, that was what my first unit was, I'd assume the module is Hydro/steampunk, right?

3. We should really continue this in the 'ls612's C2C units' thread so others can use this one.

1. Oh cool, I didn't screw up as badly as I thought.:D I'll post the fixed file tomorrow.

2. I like moduar better actually, that was what my first unit was, I'd assume the module is Hydro/steampunk, right?

3. We should really continue this in the 'ls612's C2C units' thread so others can use this one.

1. I loaded it without the art files and I get an error for the fast worker.

2. Good. And no its under Alt_Timelines/Steampunk.

3. Yeah. :rolleyes:

Well, I can fix that, are the FPK buttons/models on the same filepaths that I made?

Sure can do DH, as soon as I sort out the bugs in the previous batch.

Well ...

- The Nakharar is not showing up at all.
- The Jaeger shows the right button and soems tats when hovering but no units at the side.
- Sacred Band is showing up but the wrong button ...

You know what? Lets just do theses one by one in the other topic. Doing them in mass is getting confusing.

Hi people! I have a noobie question but help me please.

What I want - I want a 13 civilization Giant Earth Map with me playing Mali with starting place in Mesopotamia (right where Sumeria starts) and other 12 civilizations to be random and randomly placed on the map. What should I change in notepad of the map?
I have edited Giant Earth Map - No preset, and put Mansa Musa and Mali for Team=0 with starting position x=52, y=49. But when I want to start custom scenario only one civilization is playable. What should I change else? Thank you in advice

Hi people! I have a noobie question but help me please.

What I want - I want a 13 civilization Giant Earth Map with me playing Mali with starting place in Mesopotamia (right where Sumeria starts) and other 12 civilizations to be random and randomly placed on the map. What should I change in notepad of the map?
I have edited Giant Earth Map - No preset, and put Mansa Musa and Mali for Team=0 with starting position x=52, y=49. But when I want to start custom scenario only one civilization is playable. What should I change else? Thank you in advice

Can you use a free server (like GameFront) and post your map in the Map/Scenario thread, i am sure someone will be able to help you even better there.:)

btw Welcome to CFC, if anyone hasn't said it yet??

I had two more ideas for things that I would like to do with Wonders, but I don't see that there is a way to do in the XML. If there is, please let me know. These are not religion-specific.

First, a building that grants +X Happiness from your State Religion in all cities. (I thought this was <iHappinessStateReligion>, but that's for Temples and other buildings that require a particular religion and only affects the city that the building is built in.). Call this <iGlobalStateReligionHappy>.

Second, a building that grants +X Happiness from all buildings of your State Religion. Call this <iBuildingStateReligionHappy>.

Are these possible to do?

Top Bottom