IAG Series Discussion Thread

I'm willing to test the Ethiopia concept. I do believe it will have to be either a superb Petra location with possible access to GBR for early science boost, or lots of Salt and Pasture resources to get the early build out of the way quickly

I am playing this game a lot recently (by my own standards) and I am barely keeping up with the series (I can't imagine what it is for a more casual player).
So my suggestion would be to slow the pace down of every new game to 10 days or maybe even to 14 days / twice a month like it currently is for the CDG.
I mean nobody had finished my Dido game when the new Liz game was posted (although I admit it was a longer game than usual).

I will post the Venice game some time around Aril 20-22, depending.

For discussion, here are the achievements. It is a game of Renaisance/Industrial war to create unify the country of Italy. Picked opponents, including Roma.

5 – Capture Pisa
5 – Capture Sistine
5 – Capture Uffizi
5 – Capture Rome itself
5 – Rome Gone
5 – Capture OR create Holy City for Catholicism
5 – Republic social policy
5/10/15 – 1/2/3 Factories built/bought
50 – 5 points for each social policy tree that is open
50 – All trees full, 6 in a ideology
---------------------------------------
Restriction – A city without a Factory may only build/buy ARCHER line, ships or Landesknights.
---------------------------------------

If you do all that, you should be able to music bomb Opera to finish it.

/Ciao

Is this realistically possible? I mean that's gonna take really really long

Hey, good. I think you have enough info in the thread to know this is kind of like a thematic roleplaying kind of series with achievements tying in with the civ traits :)

also Spain are coming up. I have no particular idea about how it would unfold but it's obvious that if you start near a natural wonder, it becomes OP but if you don't then they lose their flair. I suppose you can make it something along the lines of:

1. Settle seven cities of gold (i.e. have at least 7 cities on natural wonders) with Conquistadors. I'm going to assume the map would have to be Continents or Terra. One point per settled natural wonder, bonus if nobody finds it before you. (I suppose one can use IGE to add more natural wonders)

2. Have Catholicism become the most popular religion on the map (i.e. plurality), you can found it or adopt it. 1 point per 2 cities. Only eligible if the plurality is achieved.

3. One point per used Inquisitor (I bet nobody expected that :D )

4. One point per city you planted on the exact tile an AI city used to be.

5. Become the richest in the world. 1 point per multiple of 200gpt, 1 point per multiple of 2000 in the bank

About Venice:

The problem with the achievements is if you list it, then people will just adjust their game a certain way to make sure they hit it. The final achievement (fill all trees) was done once before with Poland. I agree that it could add some time if I leave it in, especially on this map.

What I wanted to do was get the player thinking about ways to significantly increase the number of social policies that can be unlocked in the course of a game. Even the last one (open all trees) for 50, people will just fill in as they can once the game is decided instead of thinking ahead.

Attachments

• Spanish_Inquisition2_200.jpg
    Spanish_Inquisition2_200.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 243
Spain could be a game based on scrubbing religions.

You are not allowed to found a religion. You must adopt Catholics and you must eliminate all others. Or you must at least spread Catholics to all the other continent.

Well yes that means if Catholics are founded and you spawn a prophet, you have to plant him. However, if Catholics are available, you must found Catholic. Fair?

Scrubbing out other religions will be a chore, which is why I opted against it, plurality is in my opinion good enough

Also, if one does alter the map a bit, I suggest no LV, no Kili and no GBR, that ones are just unfair

well you can start working on the map if you'd like. I have a concept in my head for the Mayans which of course involves the themes of sacrifice and apocalypse so I guess I'll take that one should we get that far

Ok. I like the idea of converting the pagan. Plenty of history of the Iberian people. Definitely some economic restrictions of trade routes during the age of exploration. And obviously the Armada...

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

suggestion for India. I sketched a concept:

- 1 point per 5* population of self founded cities, rounded down
- 1 point per 5* followers of your founded religion, bonus if it is Hinduism
- 1 point for each Militaristic UU gift, you may not build any units yourself except Scouts.
- 1 point for each of the wonders originally in India: Red Fort and Taj Mahal
- 1 point per total number of atomic/nuclear weapons built by the end of the game :p

*subject to changes

Top Bottom