IAG Series Discussion Thread

I can make a Bluetooth map for the future, if you want?

Just tell me when you want it ready by.

I would also need someone to separately conceive the achievements, though I recommend having them to do with coastal cities, exploration, pillaging, and/or ski infantry.

Hola todos!

Back on Civ V again! Ready to roll a few maps.

I have to play some of the ones posted since I left... Witch is the funniest ones? :D

I think what Scib did with the India map was pretty darn funny :p

I can make a Bluetooth map for the future, if you want?

Just tell me when you want it ready by.

I would also need someone to separately conceive the achievements, though I recommend having them to do with coastal cities, exploration, pillaging, and/or ski infantry.

Yes please! :)

Bluetooth screams out for an NQ game, with Longships :)

I think consentient was doing a Harald Bluetooth map - we'll see if he chimes in. Looks like we skipped Gustavus Adolphus. Being as things are pretty slow, I don't have a problem with skipping ahead again. :) I've updated the list, in the middle of the first page of this thread.

hiawafer - looks like nobody is posting a map, so have at it! I can always roll another one in a week or two, unless you have some good ideas...

OK I will make one today. How difficult is good? What about trhese achievements? What about a game with a lot of religion?

We've had a variety of difficulties, it's really your call. I always enjoy the religion sub-game myself, and Harun has the desert bias... :)

The Achievements can be almost anything - if you've looked at some of the previous games in the series you can see there is a wide variety.

I have always found it helpful to not just roll and post a map, but to play the first 100-150 turns to get a feel for the dynamic (opponents, resources, are there ice tiles that block sea movement?, etc.). People often use IGE to check the map, and sometimes tweak it. I use Firetuner and run several simulations, but I think I'm the only one who obsesses that much. :D

so I think I like these achievements

I - Take every policy of Piety
II - Build 2 of Stonehenge, Haghia Sophia, Borbudor or great Mosqe
III - Convert 5 of the enemys
IV - Conquer 2 of the enemys
V - climb tourisme to over 1000

is it ok?

Top Bottom