Fastest Science Victory

Lightning5555

Chieftain
The fastest science victory I have been able to find online is turn 169. I have achieved science victory on turn 153. Has anyone heard of or seen of faster? I do mostly multiplayer and just figured I'd give it a shot. I think I could break 140 with a few more tries.

I'm assuming you're talking about Quick speed. Standard speed is much more common in the SP community.

For Standard speed,
Fastest SV on any difficulty: T164 with Shoshone/Settler/Highlands
Fastest SV on Prince+: T180 with Babylon/Prince/GreatPlainsPlus
Fastest SV on Deity: T199 with Babylon/Great Plains

There are several more games in the t195-200 range on Deity, but only one that's "verified" under Hall of Fame rules.

Ah didn't realize that there was a hall of fame. Exactly what I was looking for. So, for quick it's T110 for vanilla, T124 for G&Ks, and T138 for BNW.

I had to look that T164 up, wow!
With dirt cheap policies, reduced tech costs and pretty much unlimited happiness, I think T150 is a real possibilty on Settler. It's just that folks don't play it that often. I have a hunch that a very fast game might not even need NC. Something I'm tempted to try is a super-wide Korea with a very late NC to get an Atomic or Info era tech with it. On Settler you could probably delay GL to like T140 as well, especially if you take 6 AI capitals. With PT and Rationalism that'd give Korea 3 techs at once. :crazyeye:

I'm assuming you're talking about Quick speed. Standard speed is much more common in the SP community.

For Standard speed,
Fastest SV on any difficulty: T164 with Shoshone/Settler/Highlands
Fastest SV on Prince+: T180 with Babylon/Prince/GreatPlainsPlus
Fastest SV on Deity: T199 with Babylon/Great Plains

There are several more games in the t195-200 range on Deity, but only one that's "verified" under Hall of Fame rules.

Just submitted a deity Poland game to HoF, SV t 197.

Here are some screenshots and a save if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2016-03-28 kl. 09.33.28.jpg
    Skärmavbild 2016-03-28 kl. 09.33.28.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 4,670
  • Skärmavbild 2016-03-28 kl. 09.36.00.jpg
    Skärmavbild 2016-03-28 kl. 09.36.00.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 3,778
  • AutoSave_Initial_0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save
    526.7 KB · Views: 731
8 turns after labs you want your bpt to be 1376 or higher for a 5 city empire. If not then you won't be able to bulb the dearer Information Era techs on the same turn. When you hit that it's 100% science focus. To bulb the cheaper Information Era techs on the same turn you'll need 1204 bpt or greater which may be an alternative with Oxford(although normally this is used for bulbing Radio) & Rationalism finisher for Particle Physics and Nanotechnology. A pre-built Sydney Opera House will help there.

Wow, thats impressive! Would love to read some details on how you played

Thank you. Ever since the monthly deity challenge #2, which Iron hosted, I have wanted to have a sub 200 Poland game :D.

The plan I had, was to take advantage of quick policies to get cost reduction for buildings and bonus to RA:s fast. I aimed for full Tradition and 3 policies in commerce before education at t92 and to have Rationalism and Big Ben finished before the completion of the 2:nd wave of RA:s and plastics at t158.

I also played much slower and careful than usual. I didn't do sloppy mistakes and got a good end game. I even finished with 1 GS to spare, cos I am still learning end game calculations and didn't trust myself enough ;).

I opened up with 2 scouts and a shrine. Bought 2 scouts after that while pumping out settlers every 8 turns. 4 city NC with one extra expand after that.

Notes of interest:
- Due to the 5th city not being able to finish university in time I hade to save oxford for endgame and hard build my way to Radio :S. Room for improvement.
- Luck beeing able to finish LtoP in late 130:s.
- Used Rationalism finisher on Industrialism (not the best use of a free tech but I had to finish Rationalism).
- Crappy religion. Last one. I built Borobodour but dont think it was worth it. In the end I bought only one GS and one GE for hubble.
- Policies were 6 Tradition. 3 Commerce. 6 Rationalism. 3 Freedom. 3 Patronage. 1 Aestethics. 4 Freedom.

I hope the write-up helps.

Just submitted a deity Poland game to HoF, SV t 197.

:goodjob: Maybe it encourage me to play fast SV Hof game again to recover my record ;)

Top Bottom