propositions for user interface

abc123123

Chieftain
I would like to propose a few solutions for user interface:
a) toggle resources display shows which resource is already acquired (inside cultural borders and mine built) and which is not
b) build pop-up enables to sort buildings not only by name, but also by science, gold, cost, as in city screen
c) default building queues which can be loaded in new cities
how about it? I would help you if I was better in programming, but I can can only propose and ask if it is possible.

All of your proposals already exist, iirc thru AIAndy's work, are available to you thru the Upper Right corner :hammers: icon located next to the BUG icon in the Main Screen.

You can build your own lists how ever you want them in that Options screens.

JosEPh

1) Filter show only buildings that affect Pollution (air/water)
2) Filter show only buildings that affect Education
3) Filter show only buildings that affect Disease
4) Filter show only buildings that affect Tourism
5) Filter show only buildings that affect Flammability (just for the sake of having all of them.)

Lyrrix: They are already all included in the SVN version including one for Crime. Scroll to the bottom of the filter list.

While we're on the subject, I wouldn't mind a new unit command that allows them to automatically spread their buildings, much like how missionaries have the auto-spread religion button.

This is primarily to reduce the tedium of shuffling subdued and tamed animals around, but could also work for the entertainer units (storyteller, bard, etc).

The priority order would probably be myths, herds, camps, stories.

Not sure how much it is actually viable or efficient, though. Even if you can mostly copy the missionary code and then ignore other civs, there'd still be a lot of loops involved, checking the buildings built vs. available to be built in each of your cities.

While we're on the subject, I wouldn't mind a new unit command that allows them to automatically spread their buildings, much like how missionaries have the auto-spread religion button.

This is primarily to reduce the tedium of shuffling subdued and tamed animals around, but could also work for the entertainer units (storyteller, bard, etc).

The priority order would probably be myths, herds, camps, stories.

Not sure how much it is actually viable or efficient, though. Even if you can mostly copy the missionary code and then ignore other civs, there'd still be a lot of loops involved, checking the buildings built vs. available to be built in each of your cities.

I actually did this but everyone complained. They disliked loosing their immigrants, subdued animals and others to wandering animals or barbarians. The missionary/ceo code does not check for danger as the unit moves. It just finds a city then sends the unit there and spreads the whatever.

I actually did this but everyone complained. They disliked loosing their immigrants, subdued animals and others to wandering animals or barbarians. The missionary/ceo code does not check for danger as the unit moves. It just finds a city then sends the unit there and spreads the whatever.

I actually liked it DH. And around that time I suggested making Missionaries capturable. I want to capture some instead of kill them so I could plant religions in my cities with my captured missionaries. It never got that far iirc.

Maybe captured Missionaries could be converted to something like a story teller or bard? Or if you have Multiple Religion Spread On activate their religion in the city you send them too, if possible.

JosEPh

Missionaries are capturable as themselves. At least according to the XML.

I have not had the opportunity to try to capture a Missionary for awhile now. But if it comes up in my GS Test games I'll try too do so.

JosEPh

Hey, thanks for telling me about this AiAndy's work, I did not see this little hammer in left upper corner and it is very helpful. I was looking for show only education button, but you say that it is in newest SVN? there is a quite long time of building list loading (approx 10-20 seconds), it reloads every time when something is added to queue, and contains a lot of rarely used items (example: around two hundreds of farms and mines types), but despite all that it is huge improvement if compared to domestic advisor screen and looking up alphabetically for every single building. Sometimes it does not add an item properly if ctrl + alt + queue is used, but it can be easily corrected in domestic advisor screen.

How about my a) proposition and further improvements?
d) army advisor - make it possible to advance every unit of a specified type, for example if I had 200 dog workers I could promote all of them to industrial workers with single click after nitroglycerin.

Missionaries are capturable in SVN 9250, it has just happened to me to capture enemy's one.

d) army advisor - make it possible to advance every unit of a specified type, for example if I had 200 dog workers I could promote all of them to industrial workers with single click after nitroglycerin.

Already available in standard BtS select a worker press the alt key and then the upgrade button. It even shows you how much t will cost.

If we are about UI...
Units show unbuildible buildings, even if I have the "Dont sho unbuildible" in BUG option. With all these Story ansd Stories building, it's quite annoying for entertainers.

Top Bottom