hundreds of cutthroats in all of cities

abc123123

Chieftain
Hey, I have a problem, this mod is generally working very well, but there are serious performance issues when I enter into city screen. The reason is probably that in almost every city there are hundreds of cutthroats, thieves, etc. belonging to barbarians, although I turned off barbarians in map creation screen. Cutthroats on top of stacks have 12 strength, many promotions, and gain all the defensive bonuses of a city (for example 550%), so it is impossible to kill them even with strongest units available and I cant enter my own cities with other units. Any advices for that? I could not print screen (it returned this forum image instead of civ 4 image) so that I must post a photo.

There are also many alerts that seems impossible to turn off: "[building] built in [city name]", "enemy spotted near [city name]", and combat log events. Any advices about this?

Attachments

• 2016-06-28 10.59.31-1.jpg
    2016-06-28 10.59.31-1.jpg
    522.8 KB · Views: 193
You should read up on how to work with criminals like these - there's a long post in the strategy section for that.

I have already received reports suggesting that even when the system is working at its best it may not be working quite right. However, your report makes it clear that I should reduce the chance of criminal emergence for each criminal already present. Perhaps it should cap out at about 10 at most in a city. (-10% chance adjustment for each existing criminal - that should keep the system much more reasonable.)

And maybe no barbarians should turn it off but I don't feel it's quite the same thing.

I already solved this problem after researching mechanized warfare, panzers ignore most of city defense (only about +50% left) and with promotions they have 8 movement. City screens work very good in these cities that are already cleared. This 10 cap could be good, I will try to read about strategy for criminals. Any solution for this? :)
There are also many alerts that seems impossible to turn off: "[building] built in [city name]", "enemy spotted near [city name]", and combat log events. Any advices about this?

As for the alerts, no... just if it overwhelms, make sure to look through in-game the message log now and then. Some refinement is needed there but won't be addressed until a very polishing version effort which is nowhere near on the horizon.

Top Bottom