CivV BNW -- new patch (notes) (mainly MP)

What I regret the most is buying BE just before I realized the problem with the new patch. I would never have bought it knowing about this issue.

The overflow bug is still not fixed, only nerfed in the most lazy way possible =( If there was mod support for multiplayer we could just use the mods that close this and other exploit but alas, they are lazy.

Roll back the patch and do it properly, please! I can live without bison and chocolate.

While you are at it. Talk to the modders and integrate some of the code from different mods that solves many of issues that remain with the game since we do not get mods in multiplayer. The science overflow problem has already been solved properly by decreasing the cost of technologies. The white peace during opponents turn bug has been solved. The AI has been significantly improved in some regards, like being able to move and shoot. Et cetera. The best part is, the job has already been done for you =)

Parts of these mods might be of interest:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=504220
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=536193
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=526185

Are the same resync issues affecting Beyond Earth?
I've read that the latest BE patch is supposed to look into that.

Proposal to fix Civ 5:

Roll back the patch and release the new patch as a free DLC.

SP players get cocoa + reduced war monger penalties and MP players get a chance to play again.

Who thinks this is a reasonable idea?

Moderator Action: Please do not post the same content in multiple threads. This same post now appears in Ideas & Suggestions.

Multiplayer Civ is the only game I like playing when I have free time.

I don't see how a game that's been sold as a full purchase can have an entire section of it essentially removed by the company without any explanation or refund to the customers. I wouldn't have bought the DLC's if not for multiplayer 'ALL DLC' games.

Multiplayer Civ is the only game I like playing when I have free time.

I don't see how a game that's been sold as a full purchase can have an entire section of it essentially removed by the company without any explanation or refund to the customers. I wouldn't have bought the DLC's if not for multiplayer 'ALL DLC' games.

The multiplayer issue (and it is a huge issue!) can be temporarily averted for now by turning barbarians off, ruins off and turning city state slider down to 0.
Hosting a tiny game or a duel is playable to completion. Anything more than that and you are skating on thin ice.

I know it is less than ideal but as an avid MP myself, I hope it helps you at least be able to continue playing MP until a real solution is provided.

Unrelated; I know bashing Firaxis is the cool thing to do because they are the developer, but 2k is the publisher and they get the final say on what and when things come out the door.

Unrelated; I know bashing Firaxis is the cool thing to do because they are the developer, but 2k is the publisher and they get the final say on what and when things come out the door.

No it is not.

What is also not cool is to have game with two expansions and not having working MP after all expansions and DLCs. It is not that they dont have money, it is because of corporatism resources for developing this game are on mininum because it cost money and are off from shareholders.

Now most likely persons who are fixing this code have not made it and they have other task as well so this is on pretty low priority. I dont expect that firaxi will seriously ever fix this game, but I would be stunned if MP would one day work as it should.

I'm not bashing anyone, just saying that I paid for a full game and now I'm left with a partial game nearly a month after this patch.

I was very excited about BE but didn't buy it in case the multi was as poor as Civ 5. I waited and good thing because that's turned out to be the case. Multi is an essential part of the game because it keeps it interesting through infinite replays.

I can't imagine a company can keep screwing their past customers over without them feeling it where it hurts, their sales.

The multiplayer issue (and it is a huge issue!) can be temporarily averted for now by turning barbarians off, ruins off and turning city state slider down to 0.
Hosting a tiny game or a duel is playable to completion. Anything more than that and you are skating on thin ice.

I know it is less than ideal but as an avid MP myself, I hope it helps you at least be able to continue playing MP until a real solution is provided.

Wow.

1. Turning off Barbs, Ruins and CS will not solve the problem. That was a rumour and I as well as others have repeatedly said so in this thread, that it doesn't change anything. Please in future read all the posts in important threads like this before propagating untruths and hearsay.
2. Playing with less people only makes resyncs and freezes less likely, it does not solve the problem. Please stop propagating hearsay. Some people cannot even play 1v1.
3. You know it's 'less than ideal' to not play MP? Dude... many of us only bought Civ 5 because we saw how awesome the MP was. The game now completely ruined in many people's eyes.
4. Bashing Firaxis is not the cool thing to do. No one wants to 'bash' Firaxis. We just want a working MP. Fixasis has had weeks to sort this out, but due to incompetence and/or laziness have not done so. We have every right to call them out of their stupidity.

Firaxis, they are lazy, incompetent, arrogant developers. END OF STORY. If you disagree with anything I said you are simply wrong and/or have some kind of bias (like employment/friends in Firaxis). This isn't bashing, it is simply stating the truth. They can't even make their own bug reports for something they royally messed up and have to rely on idiots like me to do it.

Firazis, I and many have sent you logs. You are incompetent and lazy to fix it. Reverse the update, not only was it rubbish but you ruined a game we all payed a lot for. I would demand you fix the update but its quite clear you are unable to do so, so just put it back to what it was before the update as that is infinitely better than not having a game.

Damn...it's unbelievable that this is happening.
Is there a way to go back to the old version and play MP again?
Does anyone know?

Nothing here worked. We are connected by cable, lowest video settings, using same directX, created game without all DLC (except BNW), game with no barbarians, no ruins, no city states. Everything suggested here I tried without success.

Well having an old product that runs and can be used as an alternative to newer products is not the basic idea of modern marketing.

I highly suspect now and I'm not alone, that this has been done on purpose. Blizzard has done things like that in the past(a great banwave on diablo 2 right at the point when WOTLK came out for example) and sadly this usually works out, because the players want to play anyway and move on at some point.

For me the patch is clearly related to the release of CivBE, because there are to many players that wait for add ons and patches before buying a new game and just play the old ones with all the expansions and patches.

Yeah I think it's pretty obvious at this point it was purposeful. Still hasn't been fixed for crying out loud, and probably never will.

I call for the resignation of maddjin, someone's head has to roll for this shambles, if it doesn't get fixed pretty damn soon, and it's him sorry to say. The Civ community should take a stand and demand his resignation unless it is fixed or reversed immediately. He obviously oversaw and directed this patch and it's him that is the public face of Firaxis so he should face the consequences from this community when Firaxis blatantly play foul like this.

Moderator Action: Do not attack other community members. MadDjinn is not an employee of Firaxis or 2K, so focus your ire elsewhere.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

This still isn't fixed? Meh.
To those who are wondering - nothing works, MP is just broken.

disable barbs and CS and Play allways peace.

No stability issues and games becomes a strategy game of skill instead of a poker like luck game and clickfest.

Google or use search function for mirror 9.1. map

If you go to the actual forums at 2kgames there is a BBB complaint. Everyone needs to go over there and you can sign it!

disable barbs and CS and Play allways peace.

No stability issues and games becomes a strategy game of skill instead of a poker like luck game and clickfest.

Google or use search function for mirror 9.1. map

Trouble is you're literally the only person in the world who wants to play under these settings.

but... i like poker. :(

btw disabling CS/barbs has been shown not to work, and i doubt disabling war altogether won't change it even.

time to get off my ass and download GMR i guess?

Top Bottom