Really Advanced Setup

Just wanted to add an update. I'm planning on adding some options to this mod in the near future if possible. Some of the ideas I have in mind are:

Add an option that allows the user to specify minimum city spacing. If I can get it to work I'll probably add a slider that allows a minimum spacing with a value of something like 2 - 10.

Add an option that changes the number of natural wonders placed on the map.

Add each civ's bonuses to the roll over help in the Really Advanced Setup screen.

I can't make any absolute promises because I'm not sure if all of these things are possible within the frame work of my mod, but I'm going to try to add them.

If anybody else has any suggestions for additional options I'd be glad to hear them. I'm only planning on adding options that can be done before the game starts and do not interfere with other people's game play mod's, but feel free to mention any ideas that you have.

All options you give sounds nice and welcome :).

ι think that this mod is great as it is and i don't know if you can make it better....

Just joking!!!! :)

any change/improvement/addition wolud be more than welcome :goodjob:

Thanks for the reply's. I'm hoping to get started on the new ideas in the near future (if the real world doesn't get in the way).

suggestion: include the option to have specific terrains to appear around cities, like how resources do. :)

That's a excellent idea. I remember thinking about it some time ago and somehow or other I forgot about it. It might be kind of hard to implement. I'll have to put some thought into how the new terrain would be placed so that it still looks "natural". I'll also have to do some testing to see if it's possible to change the terrain from within my mod and if the graphics update properly. I'll add this idea to my list of thing to add and see if I can make it work.

You can already add a worker (or any other non-military unit). Just unclick the Combat filter. Hover help is your friend. ;)

There are 3 filters below the unit list. One of them is "Combat". When "Combat" is checked only combat units appear in the list. When "Combat" isn't checked then only non-combat units appear. The other two filters are "Unique" (show/hide other civ's unique units) and "Future Eras" (show/hide units from eras later than the currently selected starting era).

All settings from the Really Advance Setup screen are saved to the database. This mod doesn't use the "standard" settings. I'm not sure what's causing the problem. Are you using other mods at the same time?

Loving this mod! Wondering if the start bias will be expanded to allow us to select more then one option (along a river on a hilly plains tile!) and also allowable for the AI players (at least for the ones with a set civ and not a random civ. Would love to force Egypt to actually be in the desert).

The game engine limits one start bias per Civ so that can't be changed (at least not with out some major work - even then I'm not sure how possible it would be). I could possibly add the start bias option for AI players - the only reason I didn't do it in the first place was because I couldn't find any space on the screen to fit it in for AI players. :lol:

The game engine limits one start bias per Civ so that can't be changed (at least not with out some major work - even then I'm not sure how possible it would be). I could possibly add the start bias option for AI players - the only reason I didn't do it in the first place was because I couldn't find any space on the screen to fit it in for AI players. :lol:

Being able to change the AI start biases would be great. I don't care if the interface is cramped. ;)

To bad the engine doesn't allow more then one bias. Being uninformed on how the bias work, is it possible to have one that can put you X tiles from a feature. With the feature being a natural wonder, a mountain, or (my favorite) an ocean? That are so many times I don't want to start on the coast but of course, the game senses this and so always puts me on the coast.

To bad the engine doesn't allow more then one bias. Being uninformed on how the bias work, is it possible to have one that can put you X tiles from a feature. With the feature being a natural wonder, a mountain, or (my favorite) an ocean? That are so many times I don't want to start on the coast but of course, the game senses this and so always puts me on the coast.

Use Reseed in the latter case?

I added all of the start biases that are currently available to the mod - so no there are not any others currently available. I've been meaning to look into adding some options for placing natural wonders but I haven't gotten around to it as of yet. The only way I'll do it is if I can make it work with other people's map scripts and I'm not sure if that's possible.

Great mod General Tso!
Would it be possible to set the number of foundable religions in the game?

Top Bottom