The Ancient Mediterranean Info

I seem to be having problems getting this mod to play, I have the maps in the public map folder (in BTS) and the Mod in the mod folder as well as the compatibility patch for version 3.17, i start the game from the public maps folder, I get to the screen where you pick your civilization, and when I start loading the world the game crashes.

I seem to be having problems getting this mod to play, I have the maps in the public map folder (in BTS) and the Mod in the mod folder as well as the compatibility patch for version 3.17, i start the game from the public maps folder, I get to the screen where you pick your civilization, and when I start loading the world the game crashes.

I suspect you put the compatibility patch for version 3.17 in a wrong place.
It goes in "Beyond the Sword\Mods\TAM\Assets" folder

I am also having a problem loading this mod. I can't figure out what is going wrong.

Mod is extracted to civ 4/bts/mods
Map pack is loaded into civ 4/bts/public maps
the compatibility patch replaces the old dll in the bts/mods/tam/assets folder
then I try to start the game from the map packs.

When I do I get a error from windows. Does anyone have any ideas? I have redone this process many times, with the same result. Thank you

then I try to start the game from the map packs.

When I do I get a error from windows.

What exactly means "try to start the game from the map packs"?
You should unzip the map pack into civ 4/bts/public maps, then doubleclick on the "right" TAM map file (i.e. you should remove the old TAM map files before unzip the new ones)
And what exactly says the windows error you got?

Thank you for replying ambrox. I think this might be where I am going wrong.

To start the game I am just double clicking on one of the maps.

When I unzipped the map pack it was just a folder titled TAM Maps. I put that folder in the BTS/public maps folder, but there wasn't any TAM maps there to replace. This is my first time to load this mod.

I cannot not remember the exact error that I am getting and I am not at my home computer right now.

But it is the generic error screen that says " an error has occured while civilization bts was playing. Do you want to report this issue to windows?" The error occurs durning the load up of mod.

Any ideas? I am also having trouble loading other mods. Do you think that I might have to uninstall and reinstall civ and BTS?

When I unzipped the map pack it was just a folder titled TAM Maps. I put that folder in the BTS/public maps folder, but there wasn't any TAM maps there to replace.

Put the several TAM map files directly into BTS/public maps folder (without using or creating "TAM maps" or whatever else subfolder), then doubleclick on a tam map file of your choice. The mod should start correctly this way

Hm, I have python exceptions turned on and I get some errors. More different errors as the time passes... Probably not critical, but I thought I'd mention it. Otherwise a nice mod :) Might even try it in multiplayer.

Errors (playing as hittites on the small map included):
-"Can't find type enum for type tag TECH_METAL_CASTING"
-type tag RELIGION_ISLAM
-type tag BONUS_URANIUM
-type tag BONUS_OIL

I guess its about map or ai features not present in the mod?

All of those errors are from the random events Python. That particular python (Python/Entrypoints/CvRandomEvents.py) file needs to be added and edited to fit this mod.

I need some help please. I have civ iv gold edition (includes warlords). vanilla and warlords are up to date. when I try to load this mod for van i get xml errors for the forbidden palace and three gorges dam. Have similar issues with lost units mod but other mods work just fine. Did I get an out of date file ( downloaded from downloads section )? Or do I need to do clean reinstall. I'm kinda lost. I run vista on an inspiron 1525 dell comp.. All my drivers are up to date also. Thanx for any help you can offer!
Never mind didn't read or look around enough to realize this is for bts. Was not noted on download page sorry for taking up space and time.

Seems I'm a little late on this. I've never thought of modding Civ4 despite having it for 4 years. Funny.

Hi, I'm a bit confuesd, whats the most recent version of this mod? Also, is this mod still in development, as in will there be more patches in the future? Last question, there is the option to install leaderheads, are these animated leaderheads already in the newest version?

The animated leaderheads are not part of the latest version, they are an optional download.

You can download both of them here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-ancient-mediterranean/downloads

Please, be careful.
Animated LHs from link above refer to VANILLA TAM 2.01, not BTS 0.82.
Do NOT install those LHs over TAM BTS 0.82

Animated LHs for BTS file is TAM_BTS_Animated_LHs.exe, but currently he have no more a working link after the servers switch :(
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=257148

I was just wondering is version .82 compatible with BTS v3.19?

Since I use BtS 3.19 I had to delete the CIVGameCore.dll to get the mod to run. But now I got a little problem. Whenever I start the large TAM map with 24 players the maximum number of players in the game is still 18 like in vanilla BtS. Is there any way to change the max number of players back to 24 so all ancient civs can get involved?

No chance to play with 24 civs without the ddl

Top Bottom