The Ancient Mediterranean Info

I only play Civ4 for TAM and just bought BTS because I got tired of the mem alloc crashes. So for TAM should I just use 3.17 instead of 3.19?

Haplo

TAM 0.82 works with BTS 3.17 only.

The main problem to release a new public TAM patch is the DDL. It must be converted to 3.19, but at the moment it cannot be done.

Unfortunately, a new TAM patch was ready the day before firaxis released 3.19 in the last june. During the summer this patch has been tested successfully, but how many persons still have BTS 3.17 running on PC? None, I guess :(

In this case I see no problem going back to 3.17
is it possible to download the patch ?

The current TAM crew plan is to release a completely and deeply new version, but afaik it is far away to be finished.

In the meantime I may ask to TAM leaders the permission to release the ongoing patch, a rich upgrade from the previous 0.82.
How many people are interested to play with a new TAM version, but running on BTS 3.17 ONLY?

Hi thanks for a great mod around a history I really know.

I had downloaded TAM for Vanilla which I enjoyed for some time. Then I Upgraded to BtS 3.19 and Better AI. Then without paying attention I downloaded TAM, and when it came to downloading the animated LH's I realized that TAM was 3.17 compatible and the LH's don't download from the site.

Anyway, if I underastand correctly from this thread, if I want to play TAM again in the near future all I have to do is disable the .dll, a quick rename can take care of that, and mod the vanilla LH's to upgrade them to 3.19 compatibility. If the moding changes to the LH's are only xml tag additions to correspond to the new 3.19 schema, then this is not too difficult for me. Please let me know what files have to be moded for each LH and I'll figure out the actual tag additions and changes myself. I hope that the Diplo tags don't have to also be moded, I hate these.

If you haven't reached that stage of updating yourselves, we all have Real Life Work as well, maybe I can send you some updated LH's as I finish them, which is not going to be very fast, but I think I can handle that if you let me know which ones you may want done first by me.

Thanks.

1) if I want to play TAM again in the near future all I have to do is disable the .dll, a quick rename can take care of that

2) and mod the vanilla LH's to upgrade them to 3.19 compatibility.

1) Yes, you can, but you will lose a LOT of the best TAM features

2) There is no need to do that, because animated LHs for BTS already exist (click here to see them)
The issue is that actually doesn't exist a public link to download them, because the previous one is broken

I'm glad to see that there is still interest on TAM.
Unfortunately, as I wrote above, I'm not able to produce a TAM ddl working with BTS 3.19. To play TAM, I still run BTS 3.17 on my PC, although I understand very well that ALL civ4 players run 3.19.
Thus, stay tuned and, hopefully, wait for a 3.19 update :)

If there is anything we can do? Otherwise :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: to mighty :egypt:

Heh, so yea, there is interest...

Actually I am still on BTS 3.17, because I only play TAM, so you see I did not play for a long time. I'd be happy to have the 3.17 version.

Still waiting an hoping...

I know, that one looses a lot of the uniqueness, but it's better than nothing, no? Half a loaf is better than none.

I'll post here if I have problems with installing without a .dll. Hope you'll be able to help.

For people (like me) on steam, rolling back to 3.17 isn't an option*, so yeah, a 3.19 version would be nice.

*Even if it was an option, it'd be a tough choice with fall from heaven being 3.19 compatible.

TAM 0.90 works with BTS 3.19 now :)

Download it here
Thanks to Shkype :goodjob:

I'm glad to see that there is still interest on TAM.

I've been a fan of TAM since Civ 3. What's more, I never post online. I have a complicated love/hate relationship with the internet, but online communication is what I abhor most of all. That said, I've been dropping in to visit civfanatics.com now for years, and though I've said my thanks for TAM in the past to the team members then involved, I just saw your post and... well I just had a twinge of fear that if I didn't give TAM the praise it deserves again, that the project might actually be abandoned! So I registered and am responding here to tell you to keep up the fantastic work. Civilization IV is a great game, but ever since TAM it's been worlds better to me. Thanks for your work.

Oh, and your ethnic units in another thread are looking good too. Can't wait for more.

Sorry for being blunt, but does multiplayer work too? Since we had serious crash issues with the version for 3.17... you know its hard to convince people to install a ton of mods :)

Top Bottom