Build your own religion

This suggests that their religion is entirely their own affair. Unless it affects another person (adversely).

Hey! Why didn't I think of that. But it should be "None of the other rules is set in stone". (If you don't mind me saying. "None" in this situation being singular. But you could argue that the plural of rules has "attracted" the plural verb. But I nitpick.)

Mind you, would it do the job?

I think this is the most important rule of all. It deserves sober and careful assessment.

None is plural in this case. There are at least 5 rules ahead of it.

You have a point. It doesn't always pay to be too pedantic. Nevertheless, as this is such an important fundamental rule I thought it wise to try and be as accurate as possible. My argument (if there be one) is that "none" - in this instance - is the shortened form of "not one". "one", I would humbly suggest, is a singular noun. I am naturally willing to examine carefully any further arguments that you might want to present.

You have a point. It doesn't always pay to be too pedantic. Nevertheless, as this is such an important fundamental rule I thought it wise to try and be as accurate as possible. My argument (if there be one) is that "none" - in this instance - is the shortened form of "not one". "one", I would humbly suggest, is a singular noun. I am naturally willing to examine carefully any further arguments that you might want to present.

No other rules stand on their own merit, except this one.

I'm sorry. I don't understand. What are the implications of your statement? Do they have a bearing on the existence of Rule 6? Is it merely an observation of what you believe to be the case?

I'm sorry. I don't understand. What are the implications of your statement? Do they have a bearing on the existence of Rule 6? Is it merely an observation of what you believe to be the case?

That was my version of rule 6.

Top Bottom