Fanatican Information Center

RegentMan

Deity
Welcome to the Fanatican Information Center, fellow citizens! Here you will find all sorts of info, from save and e-mail passwords to the current leaders.

The Basics

Office of Fanatopian Communication: Link

CFC's e-mail address: isdg.cfc@gmail.com
e-mail password: whiteangels

Game save password: cfcreborn

Security Question for E-mail:
Q: Before Thunderfall?
A: Scaevola

Opening The Save

Spoiler :
1. Visit www.gmail.com.
2. Enter the e-mail information (figure 1).

Figure 1 - Checking the "Remember Me..." button will enable you to skip entering the e-mail information each time you access gmail. gmail will remember it for you; very useful if you don't have another gmail account to check!

3. Select the latest save (figure 2).

Figure 2 - The top e-mail is generally the one you want. Look for a subject of "Turn X" or "Here's the turn" and the like.

4. Download the save to your computer (figure 3 and figure 4).

Figure 3 - After clicking "download" you will be prompted whether to open or save the file. You want to save it.

Figure 4 - Navigate to the Civ IV save folder. If you haven't already, it would be convienent to create a special folder for the ISDG. You can do so at this point (upper right, folder with the red asterisk). Download it in this folder.

5. Open Civilization IV.
6. Select "Multiplayer" (figure 5).

Figure 5 - The Civ IV main menu.

7. Select "Play By E-mail" (figure 6).

Figure 6 - The Civ IV Multiplayer sub-menu.

8. Click "Load Game" and pick the file you downloaded (figure 7).

Figure 7 - Picking your file.

9. You will be prompted to enter a password. Type in "cfcreborn" (figure 8).

Figure 8 - Typing in the password...

And you've accessed the save! You may view any graph, city, slider adjustment, etc. However, you may not do anything irreversable, such as moving units around, declaring war on another civ, changing civics, etc. Doing so is a major breach of the rules and not only endangers yourself, but also the team!

Sending the Save

Spoiler :
If you're the turn player, play the turn according to the team's wishes. After you've hit enter at the end of the turn, the game will automatically save the game in your PBEM folder.

1. Exit Civ IV.
2. Compose a new e-mail.
3. Fill out the subject and body lines, sending to GWT and the admins (figure 1).

Figure 1 - Put something general in each section.

4. Attach the save file.
5. Be sure that you've attached the save file.
6. Check one last time, then click send.
7. Go to this thread at the UN and post a general "Turn X sent to GWT."

And GWT should have the save in their hot little hands! Your job is done, until the next turn. ;)

Government

CFC's Government Structure: Link

Current Term: Fifth

President: BCLG100
Domestic Minister: classical_hero
Foreign Minister: robboo and crew
UN Representative: RegentMan

Term VI Nominations: Turn 143
Term VI Elections: Turn 146
Term VI Begins: Turn 151

Miscellanious Tidbits

Well i download my saves to the specific pbem file, just makes the files easier to navigate, also could maybe do a 'how to send the save', i personally know how to do it but perhaps others wont in the future.

Alright. With the save in, I completed the guide, adding in BCLG's idea of sending the save instructions. If there is any other information you'd think helpful to have here, please post!

just so you know that when you finish playing a turn for the first time a folder is created in the pbem subsection, so it maybe wont be as usefull to create a seperate ISDG folder-of course you can do just i probably wont :)

Also do we have a secret question/answer thing?

Rik Meleet said:
remark; you need to send the save to the admin-save mailbox as well. Please use the mailbox c4isdg.game1@gmail.com (or c4isdg.game2@gmail.com) for saves and use civ4.isdg.admins@gmail.com if you need the admin's attention, for instance for rulings. :)

Regards
Rik
Co-Admin

I sent the 1st save to the first e-mail addy and then turn 2 to the second one after i got an e-mail of you or dave telling me too.

Top Bottom