President Thread- Term 2

thats my assuming we have it comment. I dont think we could hold it.

This is why i brought up the defence issue. BAT and i think its COG that are a lot closer to that spot then us, and i believe it would rub both the wrong way for us to pinch it when we are so far away. It better to let them fight over it, we can always use tensions between others to our diplomatic advantage

Z, you almost have me convinced, it's a great spot, and we should probably make a concerted effort to get a city there (one way or another :)), but too many times I've (like many others, I suspect) have been caught out settling too far from the capital too early for a nice bit of land, and end up spending to much money and production protecting and paying for it, while having to neglect things that are stronger long term like nuturing the economy and wonders, etc.

I much like the GP factory on the end of the forest. It's not a high risk move, unlike Red, but also the gains are quite useful. Also, we havent uncovered all of our close land yet, so there is a decent chance of iron being just around the corner. To be honest, I'd much rather a city on the jungle NE of the capital than Red, simply because Red is too vulnerable, too provocative and too risky for a game where we only need to be top 3.

This is why i brought up the defence issue. BAT and i think its COG that are a lot closer to that spot then us, and i believe it would rub both the wrong way for us to pinch it when we are so far away. It better to let them fight over it, we can always use tensions between others to our diplomatic advantage

Its GCA but yeah :)

Ok GCA :)

But while it would be nice to have the spot its not in our "sphere of influence".
Its better for us to stay on the side of caution as we are only 50-odd turns into the game in which 3 out of 7 go through to the final

If this was a 7 player (not team) PTBS game, and you had an enemy build an isolated city in a good spot near your core, you would most likely attack. If we build on Red, either BAT or GCA will want the city and most likely take it.

Correct. Look if we want that spot let them build the city for us...then we take it. we are going to have to attak someone so why not have a good reason to attack.

Play it off like this...."x" builds city...we ask "y" if they are going to tolerate that and tell them we plan on attacking it to help both of our civs. They will not be in position and we can take it by force and then hold it.

We just need to make that location our main objective and we kill however has it...assuming we dont have a deal with them of course.

Ok new turn.

Not much really that new except we seem to be slipping to 3rds instead of the 2nds we were in everything this time a couple of weeks ago.

heres a pic of fever river

and of course the capital

heres some demo screenies

not much to see in terms of scouting as most of the warriors are just retracing their steps.

im not sure if it was reported but one of the teams we havnt met completed stonehenge a few turns ago.

Top Bottom