Term II - Commune of Foreign Affairs

I looked over the turn tracker and put together this time line:

Chat 1 Aug 15 turn 15 or so.
Chat 2 Sept 28 turn 31
BAT discovers Animal Husbandry Oct 23 turn 40
1st missed message Oct 31 turn 43
2nd missed message Nov 8 turn 44

They were fine with the chat deal for a month and so should have started writing on turn 40 but waited 3 turns before attempting to tell us they were not going to keep their word.

If they are trying to find a contrived way of backing out then there must be a reason, and the only possible reason would be that they think they can be better off with someone else. We should be able to work out who they met recently to work out where they are going. If so we can try to undercut them there and leave them on there own.

What about sending a message:
"When will you be able to have Alphabet?"
To BAT and GWT, whoever can get it first, will be our ally?

I think it’s just too early in the game for an alliance with anyone which would also make us automatic enemies with four other teams.

We don't know where these people are, we've hardly had any communications and it is hard to tell yet who will be worth allying with.

I also think that since our own position is hardly enviable at the moment we may come off as a little desperate.

I think we are better off focusing our efforts at home first so we can attract allies, deter aggressors and warrant some respect.

I think it’s just too early in the game for an alliance with anyone which would also make us automatic enemies with four other teams.

We don't know where these people are, we've hardly had any communications and it is hard to tell yet who will be worth allying with.

I also think that since our own position is hardly enviable at the moment we may come off as a little desperate.

I think we are better off focusing our efforts at home first so we can attract allies, deter aggressors and warrant some respect.

That is probably the best stance at this point. Don't want to wait too long however. As long as we can focus on techs that the others don't have we should be well off.

Mighty nice message

Dear croxis, dear thunderfalls!

The Nibelungen wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Best regards,

bratscher, ambassador of the Nibelungen

Its a trick.

Woah mailbox is busy:

We are sorry for delays in our answer and for doubts appearing in our
messages. We agree to a MSN meeting, as communication will be easier and
faster. We can meet as usual around 21h GMT (between 20h and 22h GMT), but
as for most people, it will be difficult around Christmas and new year day.

Do not hesitate to propose a date, we will answer as quicly as possible.

Team BAT

Bat seems to get their act together a little bit. I am at work until 22 GMT and wont get home until 23ish, so any weekday chats will have to be run by someone else. I will be moving out of my parents the next weekend so I wont be able to attend during those times either. Any volunteers?
I suggest doing a tech trade but not enter anything binding.

Now here is something interesting

Dear people of CFC,

as we have not heard anything from your industrious nation, I am bypassing our ambassador with this message as we have not heard from him in recent times. Last he mentioned that he tried to contact your ambassador but failed to establish a working communication (OOC: he said none of his emails got a reply, which were sent in November).
We have heard from our friends at BAT that you also showed interest in technological exchanges (OOC: such messages never arrived here) and we are surely willing to discuss such a possibility. We should be in a position to teach each other what we know rather soon, so if you are still interested and if our research is complementary, we would welcome such an exchange.

On another note, we have seen your warrior scout moving up the desert landbridge to the north. If he continued, he will in time get into the vicinity of our lands. We have to advise you that due to our unique artisanship, such a scout could become trapped in our lands when our influence expands. We can inform you again once he is in danger of that happening. (OOC: due to borders expansion, you unit could become trapped and useless; if you want, we can avoid that)

And lastly, if you are interested in any other treaties, as maybe establishing an official border region or signing a non-aggression pact to concentrate on both our prosperity instead, we are also interested in that.
Regards

Lucky
Gamecatcher Alliance

P.S. and OOC (out of character):
I am unsure as to what messages have been sent and exchanged between both our ambassadors, but all the team ever got were the initial greetings ("scout with big glasses"). As it has been a while since then, it seems that a lack of action and effort on behalf of both our ambassadors has led to the current lack of communication. As said, recently anarchy informed us that he got nothing from you on his attempts, that is why I am trying to achieve contact now. All official communication should be directed at GCteam@gamecatcher.net (although mails have been lost as spam as well, so if you don't get a reply, try again, maybe from a different sender).
Another thing is that our dear friends BAT have informed us, that you seem to think that some kind of old animosities exist between us. I would guess you are referring to the years gone PtW ISDG. I can assure that we treat all these things as games (unlike some other individuals), and that no such ill feelings exist on our part. We hope the same is true for you (as in your case hardly anyone from the PtW team is left anyway) and that we can concentrate on playing the game and make both our teams prosper and triumph instead of childish bickering decreasing both our teams chances to survive this round. If you need to clear anything up on this issue, feel free to contact us directly. We would prefer ingame cooperation a lot more though.

I am going to muse on this for a bit and welcome all of your input.

Also, we got the save, it might be marked as read.

I'm up for tech trading all around.

If GCA can trade techs they can certainly give Open Borders so getting stuck shouldn't be that big of deal.

I wonder what else BAT has been saying about us.

I dislike how BAT has been chatting about us tbh but its good to see they've got their act in gear :)

I dislike how BAT has been chatting about us tbh but its good to see they've got their act in gear :)
I'm a bit miffed, actually. You don't tell GCA that CFC might have some worries about GCA-aggression when CFC is your ally!

Since BAT and GCA might appear closer than just contact, I wonder why BAT didn't tell us this. We told them about COG and GWT, yet they leave GCA out come their turn for sharing?

A black mark for BAT, in my book. Be wary. GCA might just want us to stop exploring up there with the border expansion excuse.

I do like the non-aggression pact, though.

I am still a bit worried about the GCAers themselves.

Perhaps we are next to an undefended GCA city? :D

It is interesting that both COG and GCA are suddenly turning to us for cooperation. I don't know what to make of it.

Question: did GCA send us messages and did we reply? I cannot find any messages from GCA in our gmail box, and our last message to them seems to be from Oct 23. The last one before that was in september.

Top Bottom