Catherine of Russia - The Anti-Oprah and Other Observations About Civ V Leaders

The book that suliman is holding a quran. Just saw that you wrote yo didnt know, even though im prety sure you where joking

I had only guessed that it was a Koran... I wasn't totally sure. But, you and another gentlemen pointed out to me that it is, indeed, a Koran. You know, I really need to read it one day. It's on my list of things to read before I die.

Funny write up... Maybe it's me... but I've had many Alliances with Catherine... she's usually pretty cordial most of the time. I do agree about Elizabeth... she's a pain in the ass.

Elizabeth hates me (and I hate her too) in every single of my game, no doubt.

All of this is true - but, she still scares the hell out of me. I mean... being Russian and all automatically makes her badass. ;)

Catherine was actually German, by the way. So I guess having her feet rubbed wouldn't be bad at all.

Yep, can't wait for the DLCs! Even though I love Isabella, she is normally friendly towards me, but she LOVES to cause trouble. She's like a little brother/sister, you love her/him, but they can be the most trouble making thing on earth. Breaking EVERYTHING in the house.

Cant believe you didnt say anything about Darius I being the most cheap leader Civ has ever seen... At least in my games, he never EVER cuts a fair deal, and sometimes he doesnt even accept totally lopsided bargains in his favor no matter how much it behooves him... The proud little fella will even ask more than hes worth when he should be begging for mercy...

Cant believe you didnt say anything about Darius I being the most cheap leader Civ has ever seen... At least in my games, he never EVER cuts a fair deal, and sometimes he doesnt even accept totally lopsided bargains in his favor no matter how much it behooves him... The proud little fella will even ask more than hes worth when he should be begging for mercy...

Hmm, he seems to always be one of my best trading partners. Usually has a nice enough stash of gold to get plenty of RAs out of. Maybe it's because I do my best not to get on his bad side... :D

(Also, welcome to the forums :wavey:)

I had only guessed that it was a Koran... I wasn't totally sure. But, you and another gentlemen pointed out to me that it is, indeed, a Koran. You know, I really need to read it one day. It's on my list of things to read before I die.

Yeah I mentioned earlier that it is Quran. Nice to hear about your good intentions BTW. ;)

Yeah I mentioned earlier that it is Quran. Nice to hear about your good intentions BTW. ;)

Of course - no problem. One does not have to be Muslim to find its words moving or its poetry beautiful. :)

Of course - no problem. One does not have to be Muslim to find its words moving or its poetry beautiful. :)
And you might get surprised that Quran mentions many scientific facts that are known to be true today. :)
Anyways getting back to topic, I think Alex no longers kills CS as frequently. Maybe it was changed through a patch or something. :hmm:

Nice DLC write-ups! :lol:

(OK don't throw tomatoes...lol)

Seriously, when you do the DLC, I do think Nebby K. Nezzer takes the new top spot on most fearsome opponents, at least out of the first 4 DLC civs (don't know about the Polynesians). Nebby is either really clumsy or really scary, always throwing metal dishes around the room even if he thinks I am the best thing since sliced bread. I'm just waiting for him to throw one of those torches at me or fry me in the furnace. To make matters worse, that bloke is always in the running for 1st place with his scientific empire and on higher difficulties he can finish wonders before I have even researched all the prereqs for the techs!

I can't wait for spies to return (hopefully 1st expansion?)....Nebby would be my favorite target to steal technology from :)

Nebby is still my favorite civ to play as; I think it's partly psychological so you don't have to see the animations of him lobbing forks at your chest or something.

In regards to your Ramesses II write-up, in my previous game he controlled about 1/3 of the known world. We steamrolled through Arabia and split the profits, and then i declare war with him, and he shows his MASSIVE navy, totally destroying rome -_-

What annoys me is when you're in a War, and they expect YOU to pay them a lot for peace. No sir, not right when I'm right outside with artilllery........ I agree, Bismarck is annoying but Darius I isn't to hard to work with, at l,east until he makes someone mad, which makes everyone else mad, which makes me mad and we totally pummel him to the ground. But besides from that......

My face when reading this post. Absolutely hilarious man.

Just remember, when everyone stabs you with pitchforks about the DLCs, it is just because this first one was so good.

Skill comes with demand, which comes at a price... :p

Top Bottom