[modmod] Dune Wars Enhanced

Actually he never said anything against sharing the stuff he already uploaded.
At least that's how I read it: now as he has some personal problems with the site/staff/some people here, he won't share his recent developments publicly, or stopped making further developments for his modmod.
Which is a shame really, I still hope he will change his mind soon, this could be one of the most polished mods. It's already a damn good one :)

you do it always very easy for yourselves! Why he has withdrawn his mod?? because he does not want that it be published! that implies already the action! my god throw brain from heaven...
and precisely because people like you constantly doing what they want with the property of others, many modder and artist have leaved this forum!
but you are sacrificing of your society, it is the typical way to take anything you want!

Moderator Action: First of all, please only speak in English on these forum. I have deleted the German as it was insulting. We do have a modiquette on here which states that by uploading a mod/art/code or whatever, they accept that others can use it in their mods.

I have make the same reading than absinthered. And if Horatius don't want his older stuff to be published, he can come to said it.

But personaly, I think anything which has been published once is published one for all. What is the point to come on a forum to discuss about a work you d'ont want to share ? nothing. Horatius already make an incomprehensible delete of his first dunewars mod, than re upload, and than re delete again...
All of this is beyond understanding for me.

Wie dumm kann man eigentlich sein?!? Oder liegt das an Schulsystem???
you do it always very easy for yourselves! Why he has withdrawn his mod?? because he does not want that it be published! that implies already the action! my god throw brain from heaven...
and precisely because people like you constantly doing what they want with the property of others, many modder and artist have leaved this forum!
but you are sacrificing of your society, it is the typical way to take anything you want!

Und genau deswegen modden immer weniger Leute, wegen Aasgeiern wie euch!!!

This is a modding community, and a very nice one of that.

Modding generally means sharing your improvements and work with others, so they can also enjoy.
I literally spent thousands of hours making RFC Europe better, and my only regret is that I don't have enough time for further improvements, especially nowadays...
My point is, why would anyone want to withdraw his well-working mod from the public? This is beyond me.. Even your mod is open to public, only not in this forum

Moderator Action: Part of the post has been deleted and I am now drawing a line under this disagreement. Any further comments on it may lead to infractions.

Moderator Action: Part of the post has been deleted and I am now drawing a line under this disagreement. Any further comments on it may lead to infractions.

Does this mean we can't discuss much of anything in this thread anymore, or does it just mean we shouldn't be wasting our time picking a fight with Monaldinio?

Moderator Action: I think you know what it means. No further discussion about the deletion of the mod or "picking fights". No further response is necessary.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

JosEPh_II said:
Edit: I have DWE which I D/l'd 12/16/2013 and the 1st patch D/l'd 1/22/2014.

If you can temporarily upload the DWE install file to any public location such as dropbox, we can put it somewhere more permanent and post the link here.

Does this mean we can't discuss much of anything in this thread anymore, or does it just mean we shouldn't be wasting our time picking a fight with Monaldinio?

Let us not worry about Horatio's reasoning for deleting it. Let's just get some version uploaded so more people can use it. Either he, or somebody else may take it further.

I was not able to download the dropbox link sent by JosEPh II (no permission). But I was able to download from another forum participant. I have copied it to my personal ftp site and then linked on civfanatics:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=22881

There is a readme file included, but it does not contain any version information. If anybody can confirm whether this is the latest version, or provide any newer version, that would be great.

If a number of people download, my server may be swamped, in which case I will look into some other hosting solution.

Yes, you need to apply the "dune wars enhanced mod revised patch A" after the installation of the dune wars enhanced mod.

There is still somes issues : game crash with the ecazi spy special promotion under the civic war of assassins.

I was not able to download the dropbox link sent by JosEPh II (no permission). But I was able to download from another forum participant. I have copied it to my personal ftp site and then linked on civfanatics:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=22881

There is a readme file included, but it does not contain any version information. If anybody can confirm whether this is the latest version, or provide any newer version, that would be great.

If a number of people download, my server may be swamped, in which case I will look into some other hosting solution.

I don't understand the "no permission" thing. Unless you tried when my power was off at the house sometime around/between 1:00 and 2:20pm CDST. Electric co. had power off.

I have added the patch A to the dropbox. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/96139352/Dune Wars Enhanced Revised Patch A.zip

Edit: There was only 1 Version released and just the Patch A. The author never uploaded the next revision. I followed his postings with platy as platy taught/coached him to learned how to do python things and compile the modmod.

JosEPh

Edit: There was only 1 Version released and just the Patch A. The author never uploaded the next revision. I followed his postings with platy as platy taught/coached him to learned how to do python things and compile the modmod.

JosEPh

Yep, there were plenty of additional plans, and even reports of already included things.
But unfortunately Horatius didn't release a newer version since Patch A (IIRC in january)

I found out why the No Permissions came up. If my computer is turned off then the No Permissions from Dropbox appear.

I do not leave my computer on 24/7. It's usually On from 7:30AM CDST till 10:30pm CDST. So to use my dropbox link be aware of these time constraints.

JosEPh

I tried downloading this last night and the file does not DL properly. What does the enhanced edition consist of that is not on the updates? thanks

I tried downloading this last night and the file does not DL properly. What does the enhanced edition consist of that is not on the updates? thanks

Alternative link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13264447&postcount=69

Patch A link in above post of mine. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13264981&postcount=72

As I posted you will not get the Dropbox d/l if my computer is off. So you may have to try the alt link or try my Dropbox again.

JosEPh

Is there some new bug with the terraforming victory ?

I have ~6 tiles terraformed, but it shows 0 :confused:

JosEPh_II the link to patch A is broken :(

And if you ask me this is a real shame, it's sad that petty fights get on the way of this great mod.

The mod must flow!!!

It´s a great mod. I mean really great and I love to play it, but ...

but I have two worrys with it.

First a message about an icon size mismatch in the later game.
"64 size is only allowed by the city indicator compositor."

You can click it and play on for many rounds, but you have to click it every turn.

Not so nice, but not really important for me.

The Second one is a endlessturn. I played three games with it and all three end in a endlessturn in the later

game. Maybee a save could help you / me with this?

Greetings John

I use the Patch A, but it wont help with both.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0034.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0034.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 221
  • Endlessturn AG-10546.CivBeyondSwordSave
    951.1 KB · Views: 284
Top Bottom