Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Playing Babylon with the latest svn, and the game breaks when I hit the "end turn" button on turn 103. Could you please find why ?
Wanted to look at this (revision 839), but got a crash when opening the save. Do you still have the previous turn by any chance?

I've got some errors while playing the Vikings. I thinks it's somehow connected to the collapse of the Byzantines. Everything is in the attached archive.

Attachments

• CollapseError.7z
    1.8 MB · Views: 57
The Russian first UHV seems to be either bugged or the wording is wrong.
Because the first part (7 cities in siberia) is not fulfilled if you have 7 cities and then lose (or give away) one before 1700.

So it is currently a "have 7 cities in Siberia IN 1700AD" instead of "by".
Also: is it really "found" or rather "controll"?

Please either make the wording fit the actual goal or the other way round. The current situation just creates unnecessary annoyances.

(will I fail the UHV if I ever drop to <7 cities in Siberia after 1700AD before the railroad is finished?)

(will I fail the UHV if I ever drop to <7 cities in Siberia after 1700AD before the railroad is finished?)
You won't.

thanks, but still, you might want to change the wording/UHV to fit each other.

Also, the "whipping instability" still seems quite harsh:
out of 17 cities, I have ONE where they still have ONE unhappy worker from whipping for another 8-9 turns and yet a stability check (via stealing a tech) gives me -6 unhappiness.

Attachments

• Cheplin AD-1685 Turn 318.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
The whole point of the mechanic is that it cannot be countered by happiness.

Regarding the goal with cities in Siberia: The counter shows how many cities you own, not how many you founded. Perhaps that should change, because you can fail the UHV even if you have seven or more cities and it shows "green" (I tried it because I wasn't sure).

The whole point of the mechanic is that it cannot be countered by happiness.

I am not talking about happiness. I am saying that out of all my cities, only one has one complaining about me whipping there, all others either never suffered from it or have already forgotten all about it. None of my cities is unhappy.

Okay, was unclear from your post.

yeah I see how that could be interpreted in 2 different ways, anyway, hope you agree that this is rather on the harsh side (also doesn't really give me any incentive to stop whipping if it takes centuries after the whipping unhappiness is gone for the stability to go up as well).

Also the Siberian UHV for Russia is really, really weird. Yes you don't fail it if you lose a city but you need to go back up to 7 before the 2nd deadline if I understand the checkboxes correctly. But the text only says I need a railroad to a coastal one, not that I have to own 7+ cities in 1920 (or whatever the date for the railroad was, dont know it by heart, doesnt really matter for this point anyway).

So, I need to found (which I have to keep track of myself as the UHV-screen also tracks cities in Siberia I conquered but which dont count towards the UHV according to Stazro) 7 cities in Siberia and controll them IN 1700 (instead of BY as the condition says, or is it really by? but then why does it go back to the red cross instead of the green check sign if I lose one?).
And then have 7 cities AND a railroad in 1920, instead of just a railroad to a city.

That is confusing, wrong and badly displayed, please try to clarify it somehow by either making it:
"own 7 cities in Siberia in 1700 & 1920, connect a port via Railroad in 1920" or "found 7 cities by" and then have that half of the UHV checked and stay checked once it is fulfilled (and have it not list cities that dont count)

and back to an old issue:

this city has 149 culture and over the course of the last few centuries has been unable to claim control over even one of those coast tiles.
Seems like they have something like a desert-malus or something there but it doesnt make any sense to me.

Attachments

• Cheplin AD-1715 Turn 326.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
Nope, that's an old problem with the continent boundaries.

I don't think so?

I'm experiencing a crash during the AI's turn in my game: SVN revision 838, 600 AD scenario, Heir, Russia, Marathon. I've played from an earlier save and sometimes the crash occurred a turn or two earlier. I would have done more to track down the cause by myself, but I'm not really that familiar with how the game works. :blush:
This was the post that lead to the crash fix I have just committed.

In case you still want to salvage that game, the German army before Hammerfest is the problem. If you prevent them from conquering that city, the crash will be avoided (either delete the city or the army, force peace, grant the city to Germany ...).

Sooo how do you enable it?

Go to assets/XML. Open GlobalDefinesAlt.xml. Search for "PLAYER_OCCURENCE_POLYNESIA" and set the <iDefineIntVal> value to 1.

Example?

I think there is a problem in the aztec victory code. In 1520 I had the biggest city in the world, but 2nd goal was set instead of the first.

Top Bottom