CIV Gold!

flyerec said:
What about a Canada themed wonder called the NHL, you could have an animation with various famous hockey images flying by like the Rocket Richard, Gordy Howe, Gretzky, players hoisting the Cup, the logos of the teams, then zoom out to reveal the Stanley Cup, all set to the hockey night in Canada theme music.

While that is not a bad idea, if you are gonna do that, then there is no reason not to have an MLB wonder, or a Super Bowl wonder. If you are looking for a real Canadian wonder, why not the CN Tower?

How about an update on the next version?

Really looking forward to it. I started playing 1.0 and enjoyed it very much. Now I'm just waiting for 1.1 so I can continue my game.

(and even though it may sound like it I'm really not trying to hurry you or anything )

Oh BTW, the Austrian leader franz is called LEADER_AUSTRIA_FRANZ
insted of the method all the rest are build LEADER_FRANZ_JOSEF =\
oh and there's an Austrian city named "****" and there is no Salzburg or Innsbruck.

SpriteSODA said:
Oh BTW, the Austrian leader franz is called LEADER_AUSTRIA_FRANZ
insted of the method all the rest are build LEADER_FRANZ_JOSEF =\
oh and there's an Austrian city named "****" and there is no Salzburg or Innsbruck.

I could have sworn Salzburg was there. I'll check on Innsbruck.

As for "f-ing" - that is a real town. :) I suspect the mod author put that in to be funny.

your mod is great with all playable civilizations, but i found some script cracking in some wonders and chinese Mao Zedong. therefore...when i load this mod, an XML error appears.

imagine83 said:
your mod is great with all playable civilizations, but i found some script cracking in some wonders and chinese Mao Zedong. therefore...when i load this mod, an XML error appears.

That's due to patch 1.61 which changes those things you mention. An updated version is coming soon - my apologies, but it's tax weekend for my family and my business. :)

Wyz_sub10 said:
That's due to patch 1.61 which changes those things you mention. An updated version is coming soon - my apologies, but it's tax weekend for my family and my business. :)
Really really looking forward to this. Been cheking this post several times per day even though I didn't have any e-mail notifications on new posts. I'm waiting for the release before I'll start playing again and my fingers are really starting to itch... :p

Oh well - at least I've had time to do dome gardening (mind you the wife prefers that to playing Civ) :mischief:

\Skodkim

The update for 1.61 is done, along with a few additional tweaks. It's been uploaded but is in "pending" status. As soon as a link is supplied tpday I'll add it for downloading.

For those wondering, here are the changes made by the CIV Gold Team:

1.10 – April 23, 2006-04-23

• Compatible with CivIV 1.61
• Adjusted Leader settings as per 1.61
• Added Hammurabi as 2nd Babylonian leader – thanks to Amra for his LH work
• Fixed ghosting/shading LH issues caused by 1.61 changes
• Changed backgrounds for Trudeau, MacDonald, Deganawida, and Ayenwatha
• Yunupingu favourite civic changed to ‘Emancipation’
• Kastrioti favourite civic changed to ‘Nationhood’
• Replaced Willem van Oranje leaderhead – thanks to Amra for his work
• Replaced Maria Theresia leaderhead – thanks to Amra for his work
• Corrected Mao Zedong entries in Diplomacy XML file

Great release!

Noticed some small problems with text-strings though:

-Three Gorges dam name
-Forbidden palace name
-Two options under "Custom game"
-An option under New Game. Think its supposed to be "Start scenario" or something
-Communism Technology.

These are all displayed as something as: "TXT_..."

Might come from Vanilla 1.61. I don't now.

\Skodkim

These leaderheads loos ridiculous!:lol: Especially the babylonian leader
(he looks like a gay).:lol:
It would be much better to use pictures for the leaders, not these
dull copies.

skodkim said:
-Three Gorges dam name
-Forbidden palace name
-Two options under "Custom game"
-An option under New Game. Think its supposed to be "Start scenario" or something
-Communism Technology.

These are all displayed as something as: "TXT_..."

Might come from Vanilla 1.61. I don't now.

\Skodkim

Are you patched to 1.61? In the latest patch, Communism is changed to Utopia in the reference file, Three Gorges is changed to Great Dam and Forbidden Palace is changed to Great Palace.

They all show up in the game as Communism, etc., but in the XML reference files they are listed as above. That's a change made by Firaxis, not this mod.

Ernei said:
These leaderheads loos ridiculous!:lol: Especially the babylonian leader
(he looks like a gay).:lol:
It would be much better to use pictures for the leaders, not these
dull copies.

:rolleyes:

Check out SuperCiv or all civs mods. They use static pictures instead of re-skinned leaderheads.

SpriteSODA said:
Well, many of your re-skinned leaders looks very good, but the Isabela's ones and Roosvelts need a change. Oh and Ataturk doesnt even looks like him in any resemblance...
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~kimball/images/Kemal Ataturk CIV340.jpg

I'll forward your comments to Sevo, who is responsible for the re-skins. But without creating new models, we're pretty limited to what can be done.

We're aware that Trudeau, for example, probably looks more like Alexander, but then there's the issue of the laurel, etc. Maria Theresia was changed in 1.1 from an Isabella base model to a Victoria base model. Willem was changed from FDR to Frederick. We knew Ataturk was off (he's not the only one), but at this point there are only so many "bases" to build from. We can make changes as we go, but we need suggestions.

In other words, what model works best for Ataturk and how could we enhance it to better fit? Maybe Tokugawa is closest in the face, but then you have the komono and hair. I dunno. We're always open to suggestions.

Re: static pictures - hey, I'm fine with them. But prior to CIV Gold, I made 17 new civs, and the most frequent comment I recieved on all of them was "why aren't the LHs animated?" Creating a LH from scratch is a huge job, and not one that I would expect someone to take on in their free time. I don't have the skills to do it myself.

So I would ask the community for constructive feedback - do you want a static LH option? (as a patch) Do you think we should change a specific LH? If so, how?

No, even if they dont look as they should, animated are nicer.
Toku will be very good for him, or roosvelt without the glasses and with a hat.

Hi, just a question.
I updated to 1.61 and installed civ gold mod, but when I start the mod I miss all text. There is no text like start game or multiplayer or leave game. but it is still possible to start a game when I click at the place where start game should stay. There are only a few dots and semicolons in leader description and settings for difficulty and speed. Also in the game I miss any text. So you see it's very hard to play under these circumstances. For your information I use the german civ4 version. Could this be the problem?
Thankin you in advance.

Top Bottom