PCX Maker of the Month, December 2006

Who should be the PCX Maker of the Month, December 2006?

• varwnos - The Timisoara cathedral

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Hikaro Takayama - Besaid Shrine

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Partizanac - Pagan Temple

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Flamand - Fallout city screen (part of the FO mod)

Votes: 26 56.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flamand

The Visible Elder!
If Fallout would take place in Romania i'd vote for that :D, but in this case, i vote V for varwnos.

I am quite biased, so Fallout got my vote.

@Heretic, Well it looks like ole Frank Horrigan is gonna be visiting you to 'show' you the error of your vote.;) :D

:nuke: Cheers, Thorgrimm :nuke:

Mwaha, the church will protect me.:mwaha: Ya know, orthodox priests have sith powers. :p

I can`t decide between the 3..

- Cathedral - already voted for it once

- Besaid Shrine - its Final Fantasy!

- Fallout city screen - I came to this forums cos the Fallout mod. Wether you thank it for that, or curse it ;), I`m here cos of it. So Imma vote for Flamand. :)

Varwnos: Looks like stone won't be stealing your glory..... It will be radioactive waste that does that :lol:

Looks like were'd tied again... But for last place this time :lol:

Now you're tied for second place, V. :)

I think Flamand put a lot of work in that city screen, unfortunately I'm not into this kind of graphics. So I voted for varwnos. :) But I appreciate Flamand's graphics.

What is an oblivion gate? If it looks cool enough, I may be interested....

In other news, my pile of rocks moved up to second place, but still far behind Flamand's awesome radioactive city screen.... I'm seriously thinking of expanding my final fantasy VII style interface to include the city screen and civilopedia, but that's a lot of work, and if I could blackmail muscle convince one of the other PCX creators to do it, I would.

Since it brought Stormrage to these forums... I vote for Flamand's Fallout city screen. Also, I think that Flamand put a massive amount of time and effort into the pcx.

I'm not really into Varwnos buildings, they're a little too boxy, but still excellent. Partizanac's pagan temple is very nice as is Hikaro's Besaid Shrine. Nice job guys!

The Fallout screen is very nice, as the rest of the gfx ;)
It seems to me that comparing a screen with a building is a bit like having a competition of units along with leaderheads; they should have been, ideally, in different competitions :)

Anyway, it seems that the Timisoara cathedral was not meant to win..

ps: i will think about what i will vote later, and it will not be my own graphic :)

I like both Hikaro's and Partizanac's, although I really don't like buildings that don't use the standard Civ III grass. I think that's just me. But Flamand's entry blows everything away. Really beautifullly done.

Actually, Plotinus, Bjornlo also mentioned that he had a preference for buildings with Civ-grass so it's not just you. ;) Personally, I despise Civ-grass (as well as building images displayed at consistent angles), which is why I only use Bryce grass in my own buildings.

As for the contest, it's a pretty tough choice this time. Vwarnos's submission has an amazing amount of detail. Partizanac's entry is fairly impressive for a newcomer. Flamand's Fallout city screen is extremely impressive and has to be THE best city screen ever made; I don't think I've ever seen a custom city screen as detailed and atmospheric as that. :goodjob:

However, I chose Hikaro's Besaid Shrine this time around since I'm more into fantasy mods. ;) Also, it's simple and fairly generic; you can use it for other purposes other than just Final Fantasy, perhaps as a "memorial" or "sacred stone" wonder of some sort.

When I saw Varwnos' cathedral in the submission thread I mentioned I'd vote for it, unless there was another really exceptional submission in the meantime... and Flamand's entry is awesome. As Plotinus said, it blows everything away.

Top Bottom