An Island Race

I like to keep culture and maritime city states. Don't have much use for Militaristic unless they can provide a wartime diversion away from my point of attack.

[Dramatric music] Estarrioll......... your in!

Sadly it not me moving in to a new house. I'm moving out of my rented flat back to my parents for a couple of weeks before I move down to Bristol (best city in the UK IMO). I wish I could afford a new house :lol:

Agree with McLMan on city states. My game I just finished I did use the mil states right at the end (they where embeded in German territory so were a nice distraction.

If we get the chance with a Hostile city state we should do some worker stealing.

When your ready McLMan I reckon we can start this off. Good luck and good fun!

Roster
grandad1982 - packing and cleaning :cry:
McLMan - up now
cripp7 - on deck
Admiral Kutzov
Estarrioll

Our first sets are 20 then we can go down to 15.

Turn 1 - 4000 BC
Warrior moves SE then E - sees nothing but plains to the East and some fish and more whales to the South.
Settler founds London in place. Governor is working Cotton (leave it be).
1st build set to Monument - due in 15 turns
Research set to Pottery - due in 10 turns

Turn 2 - 3960 BC
Warrior finds East edge of our island. A tundra hill one tile away and some fish.

Turn 3 - 3920 BC
Warrior heading North to check out peninsula. Spots some cows within working range of London.

Turn 4 - 3880 BC
Warrior moves one tile to the North & spots some ruins.

Turn 5 - 3840 BC

Warrior pops 100 Gold from the ruins. Nice haul!
There is a grassland sheep hill and more and the peninsula continues North.

Turn 6 - 3800 BC
Our warrior continues North along the narrow peninsula. There are more fish and some Dies in a forest. It looks like the peninsula may end there.

Turn 7 - 3760 BC
The warrior moves NE into the forest. The peninsula does end one more tile North.

Turn 8 - 3720 BC
Warrior moves onto the Northern tip of the peninsula and spies a plains hill sheep 3 tiles NE across the water.

Turn 9 - 3680 BC
London has grown to size 2. Governor is now working cotton and whales. I leave the governor alone for now.
Current stats for London:
Food +2
Production +4
Gold +8
Science +5
Culture +1

Turn 10 - 3600 BC
Pottery comes in - research set to Sailing due in 12 turns
Our warrior turns about face and starts marching to open up the Southern region.

Turn 11 & 12 - 3560 & 3520 BC
The warrior continues Southward along the peninsula, stopping in London on the way through.

Turn 13 - 3480 BC
The warrior heads West out of London and sees the Western edge of the "good land"

Turn 14 - 3440 BC
The warrior moves West then Southeast and sees what appears to be a series of 1 tile plains islands off to the West & some forest to the South.

Turn 15 - 3400 BC
The monument is built in London. We're still 6 turns from Sailing so I set the build to Warrior. Our one warrior and London can't keep the fog away so I figure some extra muscle in dealing with barbs would be helpful. We can always switch the build after Sailing comes in if that's what the team decides to do.
Our warrior heads to the Southern forest and spots another ruin!

Turn 16 - 3360 BC
I've popped quite a few ruins in the 2 weeks the game has been out. Hadn't got a tech from one and certainly didn't figure to get one on King.

Turn 17 - 3320 BC
Warrior continues exploration to the SE and finds more fish. Plenty of food on this little island.

Turn 18 - 3280 BC
The warrior heads West.
The option to open our first Social tree comes in. I right click to make it go away. We need to discuss what to do as far as social policy goes. I like the idea of holding out for the classical era and getting Piety first. We can discuss it though.

Turn 19 - 3240 BC
The Southern region is now fully explored and we know our entire little island.

Turn 20 - 3200 BC
Our warrior heads back home toward London.

Here is London the city just turned to 3 population.

And the English empire in 3200 BC

It's kind of late so I'll digest it and post some thoughts tomorrow. Wanted to be sure to get the turnlog and save posted.

Attachments

• 20IslandRace3200BC_converted.Civ5Save
    416.2 KB · Views: 103
Bum just deleted my post!

Nice set McLMan.

Warrior > WB > Worker > boat for exploration?

Sailing > Calender > Mining or Sailing > AH > Mining?

Social Policy is one I'm undecided on. Don't see us Rexing had ATM so Liberty doesn't appeal right now. Honor maybe as those islands will probably be barbtastic. Tradition could also be handy as a bit of wonder spam might not go amiss here and the extra food from unlocking is always nice.

Its nice to have got writing as a free tech! We could shoot for an early GSci and try to sling shot into the medieval period to unlock the Commerece tree.

Nice, although our island looks a bit twisted. I'm wondering if we can build another city on it - dyes will be good, but even if we place a city on the next tile to them, there will too many overlapping tiles. BTW, enlighten me - resources count if they are improved and are inside our cultural borders AND if they are worked by a city?

Anyway, I totally agree with Sailing and early exploration. However, I'm thinking about giving Great Lighthouse a shot. Its effect and our special ability will make us superior on sea. So I propose a rush for this WW.

Social policy - maybe Tradition, considering we won't have new cities for some time, and then we shall save culture until Commerce is available. But I agree - we can adopt any policy, it's not that important now.

We can definitely settle a city one tile South of the Dyes and not have overlap with London. Even with some overlap there are more tiles in a city radius then a city will ever grow large enough to use.

Theres also the fish city in the tundra. More of a post seaport city though.

Totally OT. I just got to the bottom of a pack of dark chocolate digestives and the last to were fused in to one mega biscuit. Amazing.

If we want any of the early wonder then thats an even stroger case for Tradition.

Sailing > mining > calender

Hold off on the policy decision.

Warrior > WB > WB (buy the second whale tile if we have to) > Worker

undecided on wonder production at this point.

Hi TheFragleader. We have a full roster ATM. If you would like to be a sub then your more than welcome.

You out there cripp7? been a while since the save went up....

I'd rather send a trireme, but I'm an idiot. ;) :crazyeye:

Agree with 1S of the dye.

I agree with Kutzov. Workboats should be put to use working for food. No real advantage to meet anybody or explore since there is no tech trading and we don't have any :commerce: to bribe city states yet. Build a tremie while we're researching iron working, then we can find iron (if there's not any on our island) and consider that spot for settlement.

IHT-
Nothing to do but hit enter

Turn 21-
Sailing > Calendar
Can adopt a Policy, since we're isolated I'll just bank it
Purchase a wb
Spoiler :

Turn 22-
net fish increasing our :gold: from (+7) > (+9)

Turn 25-
We're #5 on most fed people
Spoiler :

London warrior > wb
warrior goes N to fogbust

Turn 28-
Warrior in the north camps to play with the sheep

Turn 31-
2 Unmet players enter Classical age

Turn 33-
London wb > worker
buy fish tile for 50:gold: and net fish increasing our :gold:(+10)

Turn 34-
Calendar > Mining
London grows +1 and :gold:(+11)

Turn 36-
The Great Library BIDL
Unmet player enters Classical age

Turn 40-
Mining > ???
The Great Lighthouse BIDL:mad::mad:
London demands incense

Attachments

• An Island Race 2400BC.Civ5Save
    476.5 KB · Views: 146
Wow, unmet players sure know their game. How come they entered Classical age so fast? I guess, we need some scientific breakthrough fast.

Nice sett cripp7.

GLH not to important IMO as we already have our UA.

We should consider getting a Libary up after we have our next settler so we can get some GSci bulbs going.

Will try to look at the save but my post move internet access is pretty limited ATM.

Roster
grandad1982
McLMan
cripp7
Admiral Kutzov - up now
Estarrioll - on deck

Top Bottom