Raliuven SG2 Demi-God Aztecs

Greeks are gone, but I had to stop again! Sorry this set is taking forever :(, but I got an SGL with Electricity. :D. I thought that was worth stopping for.

Turn Log: (so far)
Spoiler :
Turn 0, 850AD; Look around, cities well optimized, research is humming along. Military is pretty small, we have lots to build and not so much production. Units unmoved. Athens Corinth and sparta have wonders, no burning.
At Pharsalos, Army kills vet musket, cav promotes, army yellow. Vet cav retreats from reg musket. Found new tlatelolco-->jag. Found new Texcoco-->Jag.

IBT; Corinth flips. :mad: Halicarnassus flips. :mad: I am tempted to just burn everything.

Turn 1, 860AD; WW hits, slider to 20%. Take back Halicarnassus. Take back corinth. We have coal. Move units forward.

IBT; Iros and spain sign peace. Iros and egypt sign peace. Spain and greece sign peace.

Turn 2, 870AD; Spanish have Free artistry. At thermopylae, Acav kills hoplite, Cav kill hoplite, city taken. At Delphi, army kills elite musket, cav kills musket, cav kills musket, take city. Move on last Greek city.

IBT; lose wines from spain, too expensive to buy back :(, I worry about riots. I'll have to scroll ahead.

Turn 3, 880AD; Tenoch University-->Military Academy. Tlatelolco University-->Heroic Epic. Armies galore! Only have to fix two cities from rioting. Some are on the edge though. At pergamon, cav kills hoplite, cav kills hoplite, take city, Greeks gone! Suddenly our empire is very happy :mischief:, lux to 0% research to 100%, electricity in 2 with +1gpt :)

IBT; Palace expansion.

Turn 4, 890AD; Move cav and cannons in to place for next turn attack of France. I hope it works. Slider to 90%, electricity in 1.

IBT; Iros ask for alliance vs France. I would, but France moves after Iros. France seems to already be at war with them.

Turn 5, 900AD; SGL!!!:goodjob: I think Smith's would be nice. Replacable parts in 7. Stop to ask about SGL.

We have available for rushing: Smith's, Heroic Epic, Military Academy, and I think someone has Free Artistry, so Shakes as well if we trade.

We could also research Industrialization or medicine-->uhh, something, for UniSuffrage and ToE.

The only ones worth doing are Smith's, ToE, and the Military Academy I think. I am in favor of Smith's, since it denies it to the AI and they waste shields. It also breaks any cascade, potentially netting us all the rest of the wonders. We don't have any banks yet, and we might not need them, but markets and harbors still nets us a lot of reduced maintenance.

Save is attached for perusal. It is worth noting we can switch to whatever tech we like, I thought hard about doing Industrialization first.

Attachments

• RaliuvenSG2 900AD.SAV
    288.3 KB · Views: 72
Smith's is a good choice. The coins saved on Market maintenance will improve our research nicely.

I think we should just do a prebuild for ToE - better to set it up that way than to hold the SGL around for the research time.

My vote is for Smith's and a ToE prebuild, too. The military academy we can rush with an MGL, if we like.

I'd like replaceable parts before industrialization, for faster workers, artillery, and infantry. Scientific method should go before or after industrialization, depending on the status of our prebuild.

Okay, it took a while, but here is the complete set:

Turn Log: (complete)
Spoiler :
Turn 0, 850AD; Look around, cities well optimized, research is humming along. Military is pretty small, we have lots to build and not so much production. Units unmoved. Athens Corinth and sparta have wonders, no burning.
At Pharsalos, Army kills vet musket, cav promotes, army yellow. Vet cav retreats from reg musket. Found new tlatelolco-->jag. Found new Texcoco-->Jag.

IBT; Corinth flips :mad:. Halicarnassus flips :mad:. I am tempted to just burn everything.

Turn 1, 860AD; WW hits, slider to 20%. Take back Halicarnassus. Take back corinth. We have coal. Move units forward.

IBT; Iros and spain sign peace. Iros and egypt sign peace. Spain and greece sign peace.

Turn 2, 870AD; Spanish have Free artistry. At thermopylae, Acav kills hoplite, Cav kill hoplite, city taken. At Delphi, army kills elite musket, cav kills musket, cav kills musket, take city. Move on last Greek city.

IBT; lose wines from spain, too expensive to buy back :(, I worry about riots. I'll have to scroll ahead.

Turn 3, 880AD; Tenoch Universtiy-->Military Academy. Tlatelolco University-->Heroic Epic. Armies galore! Only have to fix two cities from rioting. Some are on the edge though. At pergamon, cav kills hoplite, cav kills hoplite, take city, Greeks gone! Suddenly our empire is very happy, lux to 0% research to 100%, electricity in 2 with +1gpt :)

IBT; Palace expansion.

Turn 4, 890AD; Move cav and cannons in to place for next turn attack of France. I hope it works. Slider to 90%, electricity in 1.

IBT; Iros ask for alliance vs France. I would, but France moves after Iros. France seems to already be at war with them.

Turn 5, 900AD; SGL!!!:goodjob: I think Smith's would be nice. Replacable parts in 7. Stop to ask about SGL. Rush Smith's in Tzintzuntzen. Check deals, none with France, call 'em up and declare! At Dijon, cav kills spear, cav kills spear, captured. Kill LB outside city with elite knight. At Chartres, cav kills pike, cav retreats, cav kills pike, take city. clean up pike MDI outside the city. Kill pike at Lyons with army, advance big cav stack. Capture some workers. Found new tlaxcala. Looking for opportunities to trigger GA.

IBT; Get Smith's... Golden Age? :confused::crazyeye: I guess that triggered our traits. Aren't we mil/agri? Civpedia says it shouldn't have triggered a GA, but I would have triggered one this turn anyway...

Turn 6, 910AD; Slider to 100%, rep parts in 4 with +26gpt. At Lyons, army kills knight, army kills pike, army kills pike, take city. Kill knight in the open. Advance on Paris. One more city after that and we have iron, hopefully we are lucky on flips.

IBT; Egypt asks us nicely to leave. France counter attacks, kills one cav, we kill 1 knight.

Turn 7, 920AD; At Paris, cav retreats, cav retreats, cav kills pike, cav kills pike, Cav kills pike. Wounded pike on top. I am out of cavs :(, must wait for army to heal or cannons to arrive. Hopefully Knights will guard city and not kill any cavs.

IBT; Cav cills knight on defense, yeah!

Turn 8, 930AD; Retreat to pike in the open. Regroup and heal for second Paris push. Research to 90%.

IBT; Spain lands 3 units, poop :mad:. Iros and France sign peace, crap. Kill knight on defense, but then pike kills the cav.

Turn 9, 940AD; Look at Spanish units (they are surely attcking us), 3 cavs. In a flash of genius, I buy whatever I can from them for GPT (Demo, 248g, wm, free artistry :D). I boot them, they declare. At least we get war happiness and all that gpt back, lol. Lose Acav in north. Barely kill all three spanish cavs. Kill that nightmare pikeman with army. At Paris, army kills pike, cav kills pike, take city! Move up units. Research to 80%, replacable parts in 1.

IBT; SGL!!! I am on a roll! :band: Palace expansion.

Turn 10, 950AD; Get Replacable Parts -->Industrialization in 4! Move towards tours (iron city). Upgrade some cannons to artillery. I hope Paris lasts 1 more turn without flipping. My workers are super duper all of a sudden :). We have rubber unconnected barely by Thermopylae. France has one we will get, and egypt has one, didn't check other continent.

Hand-off notes:
1.) Okay, we still are a little under strength in military, but cavs vs. pikes is no contest and we have lost very few.
2.) We are doing 4-turn research :goodjob:.
3.) We are up 3 techs. We got both demo and free artistry for free from spain before they declared on us; downside is we now are at war with them and have to guard agaisnt more 3-cav landings.
4.) We have rubber, but unconnected and close to the border with egypt. France has one conected in the north we will also get.
5.) Keep at least 3+ cavs in our core to guard against landings by spain. I only barely managed to defend against that first one, we are a little understaffed, but the Golden age is helping with that.
6.) Mysterious golden age somehow spawned by Smith's... don't ask me why it did that. :confused:
7.) Feel free to change some of my prebuild and city builds around, I didn't MM as much as I should have in the last few turns.
8.) Keep starving the french cities. If they flip I recommend burning for slaves, we have 5 settlers working their way north to replace. I only kept them to give me roads/barracks to advance faster.
9.) We just started a new tech (Ind), but can change at will. I think getting factories up combined with rails will be key. Then we go for ToE and Hoover's.
10.) We got a second SGL (two SGLs in two techs, yeah!:D), You can do what you like with it. Not a lot worth rushing. I already started MilAcad and Epic (they are almost done), and prebuild for ToE started.

Attachments

• RaliuvenSG2 950AD.SAV
    291.4 KB · Views: 67
IIRC the Golden Age can get started by any Wonder being built if you've captured other Wonders that match your civ traits.

We're Militaristic and Agricultural. We covered Mil when we build SoZ and Ag when we captured Hanging Gardens from Greece.

Roster:

Raliuven
creamcheese (just played)
Elephantium (Playing)
CKS (on deck)

Got it. My plan is to push France off our continent, then start the war on Egypt. I'll finish the Military Academy in Tenoch, then use the SGL to rush Shake's. If we lose Shake's, I'm inclined to use the SGL on Universal Suffrage.

For research, I'll go Industrialization > Corporation > Refining. I'm thinking we can wait until an AI gets Medicine, then buy it and learn Scientific Method next. Heh, we might even end up with Flight before ToE builds!

IIRC the Golden Age can get started by any Wonder being built if you've captured other Wonders that match your civ traits.

We're Militaristic and Agricultural. We covered Mil when we build SoZ and Ag when we captured Hanging Gardens from Greece.

That must be it. I guess I am just used to having my GA long before this. :crazyeye:

This set has gone back and forth a bit, but I'm making good progress.

Spoiler :

Lose eCav at Tours. At least the Pike was redlined.
Cav Army kills Pike and LB.
A redlined Pike stands between us and Iron. Take a gamble with a wounded Cav from Paris ... and lose, promoting the Pike :(

Wake a bunch of workers in the Athens-Corinth area and move them towards the Rubber. I'd like to hook that up sooner rather than later.

MM cities a bit.

IBT:

Lose the Spices and Silks from Japan. To renew the deal, we have to sell them Steam Power. So be it.
They get Steam Power and 1gpt
We get Spices, Silks, WM, 266 gold, and 21gpt (they offered 36, but I want to leave some margin so they won't attack us to break the deal in 5 turns)

French Knight recaptures Paris, and we lose 4 Artillery :(
French Knight attacks a Cav next to Tours and dies.

Corinth: Workers
Texcoco: Uni > Court
Chiconautla: Harbor > Uni
Knossos: Workers
Chalchihuites: Settler > Worker
Eretria: Workers
Halicarnassus: Workers
New Tlatelolco: Workers
New Texcoco: Workers

Turn 1 (960 AD):

Cav kills ePike at Tours and takes the city!
Cav kills a Knight and retakes Paris.

I tour the Republic and switch most Worker projects to Rails.

IBT:

Egypt gives us the boot. We comply.

Tlatelolco: Heroic Epic > Cav
Ecatepec: Settler > Worker
Ephesus: Workers
Tepetlaoxtoc: Harbor > Worker

Turn 2 (970 AD):

Move Cannons and cavs towards Orleans.
More railing. The workers are stacking up pretty nicely.

IBT:

Egypt complains about our troops again.
Tours deposes us. Two Cavs lost.

Calix: Cavs
Tzin: Mkt > Cav
Malinalco: Court > Cav
Edfu: Settler > Worker
Tlapanaloya: Court > Cav
Pergamon: Workers

Turn 3 (980 AD):

Second battle of Tours:
Cav retreats from rPike
Cav kills Pike and takes the city!

That will keep the railing on schedule :)

IBT:

French Knight suicides on our Cav outside Orleans.

Industrialization > The Corporation

Lyons: Workers
Chapultepec: Settler > Worker
Chalco: 'duct > Mkt
Tlalmanalco: Court > Factory
Tepetlaoxtoc: Workers
Tepexpan: Cavs
Jilotzingo: Mkt > Uni

Turn 4 (990 AD):

Cannons go 2/5, pinging the vPikes at the top of the stack. They leave rPike defending.
eCav kills rPike
eCav retreats
eCav kills rPike
vCav retreats from 3/4 Pike

The city still holds...

Almeria (Spanish town in the tundra):
eKnight kills rMusket
eCav kills rMusket and takes the city.

Create the town of Riverbend near Sparta.
Sci slider to 80%; Corporation still due in 4.

Turnset continued...

Spoiler :

IBT:

Athens: Workers
Tlatelolco: Cavs
Chartres: Workers
Ixtapaluca: Settler > Court
Dijon: Workers
Tequixquiac: Workers
New Tlaxcala: Workers

Turn 5 (1000 AD):

Orleans:

Cannons go 3/5
Cav kills rPike, promotes
eCav kills Pike
Cav kills Pike

No more cavs are available to press the attack :(

Fishtown settled near Sparta, next to a Fish tile.
Swampsville founded on the Egyptian border.

IBT:

French Knight kills an exposed Cav.
Tenoch: Mil Academy > Shakes
Tepetlaoxtoc: Worker > 'duct
Troy: Workers

Turn 6 (1010 AD):

Rush Shakes

Orleans again:
Take two HP off the Pike in Orleans and one off the Knight in the open.
eCav kills Pike and takes the city.

Rivermouth founded near Lyons.
Rockyville founded near Sparta, next to the mountains.

IBT:

Spain drops 3 Cavs next to our Rubber. It'll be the Battle of Thermopylae. In 1020 AD. With gun-toting Cavalry. Hopefully this doesn't turn into the Charge of the Light Brigade :p

Egypt and Japan sign MA vs. Iroquois. I don't envy those guys.
Paris: Workers
Tenoch: Shakes > Cav
Texcoco: Court > Cav
Calixtlahuaca: Cavs
Malinalco: Cavs
Rhodes: Workers
Coatepec: Settler > Worker
Ayotzinco: Workers

Palace expansion. We get a hallway.

Turn 7 (1020 AD):

At Thermopylae -
Our Cav kills the Spanish Cav and promotes
Our cav takes 2 hp damage, but it kills their second cav.
Our cav dies vs. their cav. 2hp damage.
Our fourth cav gets redlined, but it kills their last cav.

Peakstown founded near Athens. It's - you guessed it - next to some mountains ;)

Switch a few Cav builds to Infantry so that we have some strong defenders.

IBT:

We lose the Furs deal with Iroquois. I sell them Steam Power to get their Wines.

Tlatelolco: Cav > Inf
Tzin: Inf > Cav
Teayo: Court > Arty
Huexotla: Worker > Arty
Teruel: Worker > Arty
Itzapalapa: Worker > Arty

Palace expansion. We get another hallway!

Turn 8 (1030 AD):

Battle of Mersailles:
Cannons go 2/5.
eCav gets redlined as it kills 3/4 Pike.
eCav kills 2/3 Pike.
eCav kills LB and takes the city!

Weathertop founded on a hill near Paris.

Battle of Avingon:
Army kills Pike
eCav retreat
eCav kills Pike
Army kills LB and takes the city!

IBT:

Egypt wants an alliance vs. Iroquois and a RoP. No, thanks,
Paris riots due to a resister being quelled.
Tours deposes us again. All we lose is a Jaguar Warrior.
Pharsalos: Worker > Arty
Avignon riots due to resisters going back to work.

Turn 9 (1040 AD):

Recapture Tours with one Cav.

Move troops into position to take Rheims next turn.

Mountain Lake founded near Mingapulco.
Gempeak founded near Troy, next to the Gem mountains there.

IBT:

Corinth: Worker > Arty
Chiconautla: Uni > Arty
Chalchihuites: Worker > Settler
Tlacopan: Uni > Cav
Tepexpan: Infantry > Uni
Zitlaltepec: Court > Mkt
Coyotepec: Settler > Court
Mingapulco: Settler > Arty

Turn 10 (1050 AD):

Battle for Rheims:
Cannons go 3/5
Lose a Cav to a Pike
Lose a second Cav to a Pike
Cav kills Pike, promotes
eCav kills Pike
eCav kills Pike
eCav kills Pike and razes the city.

Northpoint founded in the tundra NW of Marseilles.
Icy Deer founded near Almeria.
Icewind founded near Northpoint.

Handoff notes:

I have some ships building in Old France; it might be prudent to rush them and send some Cavs to burn France's remaining cities. That will put a stop to the culture flips.

We can start the war against Egypt pretty much anytime. The railnet is in place, connecting pretty much all the corners of the republic; the last few turns, I was working on railing the core rather than getting the basic railnet built.

The cities could use a round of MM.

I do apologize for being out of contact. :( I was finishing GOTM116 and my weekend was packed. Everything is looking great! Nice job everyone! Two SGLs! Way to go creamcheese! Nice progress. Looking forward to getting this one again.

Roster:

Raliuven (on deck)
creamcheese
Elephantium (just played)
CKS (Playing)

Turn 0:
MM a bit.
IBT: Egypt and Spain have nationalism. Phooey.

Turn 1:
Rush a boat. Move around in preparation for declaring on Egypt. Build a couple of towns.
IBT: 4 Spanish cavs unload by Thermopylae. Offered a palace expansion, which I ignore.

Turn 2:
Kill the 4 Spanish cavs; 1 cav dies, 1 promotes.
Not ready to start the Egyptian war yet.
IBT: Spain declares on Iroquois. Learn refining, start steel.
Paris and Orleans go out of resistance and riot. Almeria flips.

Turn 3:
Declare on Egypt. Capture 9 workers. Ecav kills longbow. Ecav kills longbow. Ecav kills knight. Vcav kills spear. Vcav kills longbow. Vcav kills pike, Ecav kills pike, Ecav kills pike. Army kills knight.
At Kahun: Vcav kills pike, Eknight kills spear, takes city.
At Pithom: Vcav kills pike, Ecav kills spear, takes city.
At Almeria: artillery redlines rifle, Ecav kills it, takes city.
IBT: Spain gives 120 g for peace. I take it, but regret it later as we lose war happiness and have a few riots. Egypt sends three knights our way, losing one and killing a jag.

Turn 4:
E cavs kill 2 pikes and 2 knights. Capture 2 workers.
IBT: Lots of knights come into view. France lands a longbow and a knight.

Turn 5:
Eknight kills French longbow. Ecav kills French knight.
Army kills 3 knights. Vcav kills knight, promotes.
2 cavs die killing 4 knights. 2 Vcavs kill 2 knights, one promotes.
IBT: Lots of knights moving, 1 French longbow lands. Golden age ends.

Turn 6:
Eknight kills longbow.
Army kills knight, Vcav kills knight.
IBT: Knight kills cav. 2nd Army is built.

Turn 7:
At Alexandria: army kills rifle. Vcav retreats, Ecav kills regular rifle, Ecav dies redlining 3/4 rifle, Ecav kills rifle, Ecav kills longbow, razes city.
Ecav kills knight. AC kills pike.
At Pi-Rameses: Bombard, redlining rifle, -1hp pike. Ecav retreats from reg pike. Vcav kills pike. Ecav kills pike. E*AC kills rifle. Vcav kills longbow, razes city.
IBT: AC retreats from rifle. Lots of scurrying. Learn Steel.

Turn 8:
Cav kills rifle. Ecavs kill 2 pikes, 3 longbows, get a leader. Vcav dies to rifle, 4/4.
IBT: Iroquois make peace with Japan and Egypt. Some rifles move around. Japan and Maya have industrialization.

Turn 9: Sell industrialization to Spain for wines and change.
Bomb Heliopolis - hit all three rifles. Build an army. Army kills 3 rifles. Ecav kills redlined rifle, razes city.
Ecav kills pike.
At Heiraconpolis: Army redlines but kills rifle. Vet cav dies to rifle, Ecav kills rifle, Ecav kills rifle, takes city.
IBT: I foolishly left some worker uncovered, and Egypt captures 3.

Turn 10:
Ecavs kill 2 rifles and a pike. Emusket recaptures workers - leave the musket as a target, though I doubt if Egypt will oblige by attacking it on a hill.
I'm stopping here.

Notes:
I didn't get over to France, but our flip risks have dropped significantly, so there is no hurry.

Three AI are building universal suffrage. None of them has learned medicine yet, so we are working on combustion.

War against Egypt goes slowly but surely. We want to keep Thebes, so we may want to leave it for the end, or just deal with the flip risk.

We could build the pentagon; we can either rush it with a leader or swap the army build.

We should build some stock exchanges so we can build Wall Street; I started some banks for this purpose.

Attachments

• RaliuvenSG2 1150AD.SAV
    301 KB · Views: 84
I've got the save - I'll take a look and probably play tonight. Looks like some nice turns!

**Edit** Hmm, there are a lot more units and workers then I remember from last time. :lol:

I'm about halfway through my turns and I will try to wrap up tonight and post. Quick update:

I razed & replaced Memphis after discovering it was only guarded by a few pikes. Thebes has been captured and I'm going to let it starve and flip as needed. In the meantime I've upgraded our artillery stocks as we currently have Leo's under our control. :D

Cuello also flipped back to us (poor Mayans can't make up their mind). :rolleyes:

I'm spamming cities in farmland and using the workers to finish the outer core improvements and railing/watering the farmland.

We got a GL and I used it to rush the pentagon in Jilo (it had 0 shields in the production box so it won the lottery). I've got units moving to boats to end the Aztec/French war. I might also knock off the Iroquois while I'm there.

I goofed one of the trades - when a deal expired with Japan I did not renew with a new tech trade - I hadn't given the tech tree a good look before it expired. :mad:

When I went back to trade with Japan they had given away our luxuries already. :mad: :mad:

I had to fool with the luxury slider. I ended up trading corp for some gp & gpt deals to indirectly support our luxury problem but tried to keep the deals soft so that there would be no DOW. I'm using the extra money to rush settlers, upgrade the arty and rush combat units to finish the wars. Hopefully once Egypt, France and the Iroquois are no longer with us there will be some extra luxuries for us. :p

We've got combustion, on the way to MP. Still no medicine from the AI. They're probably researching commie, espionage and facism at the moment.

Well my plan for a soft gpt deal seems to have failed. The Mayans are staging a fairly ridiculous attack on our new french isles. But I suppose they have both horses and salt, so there could be cavalry coming our way. France is down to the one little island city - I have a transport in place to make the jump, but now that the Mayans are acting up I suppose it will need to wait. Maybe we make peace with them for 20 turns and come back? WW is really starting to hurt. I suppose if the Mayans do declare we can knock out their one city and then go back to France.

All the hills & mountains that Egypt has occupied is causing delays. They're done for and their rifles keep wandering back and forth. I take a shot at them every time they step off the mountains.

Our artillery stocks are up from catured & upgraded egyptian trebs. We've got an army producing in 3t but we are short of units (still).

Current tech: Motors due in 4t @ 70% science, +80gpt (but Mayans are giving us +140gpt) Luxury is set at 30% and I'm checking cities each turn for riots.

Japan has furs available for trading again. I think at least Spain might be working on Refining because Spain went from offering some token gpt, WM & nationalism and now they won't give up nationalism alone in a trade.

I stopped at Turn 239 (1240 AD) so that the next player can strategize if a war with the Mayans is going to start.

Turn Log:
Spoiler :
Turn 230 (1150 AD)

Do some MM on the cities. Make a bunch of scientists. MM will be a bit of a pain from now on.
Move workers.
Decide to swap Army build for factory to increase long term production.
Set armies to heal.

IBT – Deal with Japan ends. We lose our supply of silks & spices. That’s not good.
Cuello overthrows the Mayans so that they can rejoin us. Talk about a bunch of people that can’t make up their minds! At least we get a nice new infantry, even if it is 3/3.
Egypt advances a rifle and two LBs – none of them in stacks. :D

Turn 231 (1160 AD)

Lux up to 10% but science is down to 50% and we still have combustion in 3t @ +160gpt.
Arty redlines all incoming attackers. 5/5 knight vs 1/3 LB – flawless win. 5/5 cav vs 1/3 Rifle – flawless win. 5/5 cav vs 1/3 LB – flawless win.
Send fully healed Cav armies after Memphis which is protected by . . . a 3/3 pike on top. It is a size 11 city on grass. 14/14 cav army vs 3/3 pike – win, -2hp. 12/14 cav army vs 3/3 pike – win, -2hp. 12/12 cav army vs 3/3 pike – flawless win. Decide it will be easier to replace Memphis then to hold it. Raze the city. 5 slaves.
Move two combat settlers forward under cover of infantry.

IBT – Egypt advances 3 rifles and a pike to wander around, looking to die.

Turn 232 (1170 AD)

Combat settlers found 2 cities.
5/5 knight vs 2/3 pike – win, -3hp. 5/5 cav vs 1/4 rifle – win, -1hp. GL. Send him to Jilo because it has 0 shields in the production queue. Rush the Pentagon.
14/14 cav army vs 4/4 rifle – win, -8hp. Ouch. 12/12 cav army vs 3/3 rifle – win, -1hp. Capture Lisht.
Thebes is in range of artillery from Lisht now. :)
Use some gold to rush a few settlers.

IBT – Some Egyptian units move but they are afraid to attack our infantry.

Turn 233 (1180 AD)

I suffer some riots. Will need to up the Lux setting again.
Pentagon builds.

5/5 cav vs 1/4 rifle – win, -3hp.
Battle for Thebes (at least 4 rifles in the city, arty took points off 3 rifles) – 15/17 cav army vs 3/3 rifle – win, -5hp. 10/17 cav army vs 4/4 pike – win, -6hp. Grr. 18/18 cav army vs 2/2 rifle – win, -1hp. 17/18 cav army vs 2/3 rifle – win, -4hp.

I’m pretty sure that Japan is about to draw the Corp. I take advantage of the AI so that we can spam some settlers and a few military units. Trade Corp to Mayans for WM, 140gpt (they offered 151gpt) and 20gp. Give it to Spain for WM, 35gpt (offered 40gpt) and 12gp. Japan receives it for a straight 200gp & WM.

We are at 724gp, +275gpt. Hurry to cavs for a total of 220gp. Hurry 3 settles for 162gp.

IBT – I missed a knight that landed and lose a city (Thermoplyae). :headbang:
LB suicides against an fortified infantry on a hill (in a city).

Turn 234 (1190 AD)

Pick up combustion, start Mass Production.

5/5 cav vs 3/3 knight – win, -2hp. Retake city and sink a galley.
Arty nails 2 rifles at Thebes. 13/18 army vs 2/2 rifle – win, -3hp. 10/18 army vs 1/3 rifle – flawless win. 10/18 army vs 1/4 rifle - flawless win. Capture Thebes & Leos. Upgrade cannons and treb to arty. Also update both Galleons to Transports.

Push research to 60%, MP in 5t @ +219gpt.

IBT – Egypt pillages their former source of iron. Whatever.
Receive a palace upgrade. Add a skyway system on both the east and west wing.

Turn 235 (1200 AD)

Move on Abydos to open the path to the plain leading to Avaris Elephantine and Byblos (the new capital).
5/5 cav vs 1/4 rifle in the open – win, -2hp.

Invade French Island – They are guarding with pikes. We’ve got a 17/17 army, 5/5 AC, 5/5 knight, 3 cavs (4/4) and 2 infantry (4/4, 3/3)

After MM our farms I can turn science down to 50% and MP is still due in 4t now @ +278gpt. Rush two settlers for 116gp.

IBT – Grenoble grows to size 2. Very nice! Egypt shuffles some rifles as if they were the deck chairs of the Titanic.

Turn 236 (1210 AD)

French War: Grenoble: 17/17 cav army vs 3/3 pike – flawless win. 17/17 cav vs 3/3 pike – win, -1hp. 5/5 knight vs 3/3 LB – win, -1hp. Capture Grenoble & 1 slave. Start a harbor.

Besancon: 4/4 Cav vs 3/3 pike – flawless retreat. Of course. 4/4 cav vs 3/3 pike – win, redline. 4/4 cav vs 3/3 pike – flawless retreat. Move army to cover & attack next turn.

Egyptian War: Abydos: 18/18 cav army vs 4/4 rifle – win, -5hp. 13/18 cav army vs 4/4 rifle – win, -11hp. :eek: 4/4 cav vs 3/4 rifle – win, -1hp, promote elite. Hmm? 5/5 cav vs 4/4 LB – flawless win. Capture city & treb.

Upgrade the treb & rush an infantry.

IBT – Maya & French sign a trade embargo against us. No problem. We kill the French, no more embargo.
Egypt lands a LB next to Thermoplyae. I don’t think so. Fool me once . . .

Turn 237 (1220 AD)

Miss a riot at Cempoala.

French War: Besancon: 16/17 cav army vs 3/3 pike – win, -2hp. 14/17 cav army vs 3/3 pike – win, -1hp. Capture city. Starve. Start worker.
Swap Grenoble to worker, start harbor in Besancon. Set both citizens to engineers.

Egyptian War: 5/5 cav vs 4/4 LB - flawless win.

We’ve got some serious WW now. Lux to 30% - could go 40%. Japan has furs available for trade but I hold of for now. Rush 2 settlers and 1 cav.

IBT – Egypt lands 2 knghts by Thermoplyae – boy they really want that city.
The Mayans marshal a small force to great our French raiding party.

Turn 238 (1230 AD)

French War: Rouen: 13/17 Cav Army vs 4/4 pike- flawless win. 13/17 Cav army vs 3/3 pike – win, -1hp, capture city. France has 1 city left.

Egyptian War: Avaris is bombarded by arty – redline 2 rifles, 1 pike and leave 1 pike (2/3). 18/18 army vs 2/3 pike – win, -5hp. Here we go again. 13/18 army vs 1/3 rifle – win, -1hp. 18/18 army vs 1/4 rifle – win, -3hp. 15/18 army vs 1/4 rifle – win, -2hp. 4/4 cav vs 1/4 rifle – win, -1hp. 5/5 cav vs 1/4 rifle – flawless win. 5/5 cav vs 1/3 pike –win, -2hp. Capture city & treb.
4/4 cav vs 4/4 knight – lose, redline. Of course. 5/5 cav vs 2/4 knight – flawless win. 5/5 cav vs 1/4 knight – flawless win.

IBT – Mayans move a stack to invade us. Okay. Guess they don’t want to pay that 140gpt.

Turn 239 (1240 AD)

Build an embassy with Japan for 74gp.

We pull MP. Start Motors due in 4t @ 70% science, +80gpt (but Mayans are giving us +140gpt)

Stop here so that next player can strategize.

Roster:

Raliuven (just played)
creamcheese (Playing)
Elephantium (on deck)
CKS

Attachments

• RaliuvenSG2 1240AD.SAV
    315.7 KB · Views: 67
Too bad about the Japanese trade, but that's life.

We can make peace with the French pretty safely, I think, though I doubt they are causing much of the WW problem. Egypt has to be the main problem. I think we just need to tough it out for a few more turns, until we clear Egypt off the continent. Maybe we should see if someone can clear out that one city on the other continent for us.

Yeah, I'm kicking myself over that trade. I should have paid better attention to the trade screen before I started playing. When it came up I couldn't remember who had what. :(

I think it wouldn't be a problem to get Japan to side with us - we could even ally them as part of a Refining deal (IIRC they are open to the idea). If we wanted to go with a MMP it would also trigger a war between Japan and the Mayans.

The more I think about it, may be the DOW form the Mayans isn't so bad. It would help with our WW and the units they have advancing on Besancon are pretty much dead meat. I also looked over their land and I don't think they are hiding a source of salt, so if we take that out, they are back to LBs until they reach infantry/guerillas/tanks - but they don't have Refining/Steel or Electricity. Either way it is going to start hunting when our tanks are rolling off the assembly lines.

Of course they could trade for salts, I didn't look if Spain has some available (from the embassy screen it looks as if Japan does not have any extra at the moment, but there is a lot of unclaimed land in the former Iroquois lands).

If we are good on our island, then war against Maya is a good thing for our happiness as you stated. We have rails and artillery now, the AI will never mount a successful invasion of our homeland (until marines maybe, but even then).

I vote for taking france out all the way and and not worrying too much about the maya. Don't forget to trade GPT for anything they have right before they declare.

I'll try and see on my turns where Japan traded thoses luxes and see if we can't get a war going so they stop trading. ;)

creamcheese, you can pick up the game if you're ready. I stopped because I figure the brunt of the new war will be on you this time around so I wanted to give you the chance to shuffle units as you see fit. The battle on the french isle should be pretty quick. :D

Once we are secure there, I think eliminating the Iroquois after the French should free up some luxuries. Tanks will put the final nail in the Egyptian Sarcophagus as well. Those rifles on hills have been tearing up our units - well, my poor RNG luck is mostly responsible for that, but anyway - all of egypt's productive core is gassed. His rifles are too afraid to attack our infantry so they just wander around, pillaging as if we are really going to be using those mountain tiles for anything.

RE: the Mayans - I'd say we are secure against anything but a massive landing. Massed infantry, arty and cavs and armies, even with our limited supply, will destroy anything the Mayans can land - the best they have are rifles and cavs at the moment, though we're seening LBs at the moment.

Top Bottom