Expanding Civ3

Added all Gov specific small wonders.
Added the stonehenge.
Changes some sield cost of units.
Changed the space ship to a time machine.

Latest update per 16 jan now available.

Tech trees (99% accurate):
Spoiler :

Ancient Tech tree:

Middle Ages Tech tree:

Insustrial Ages Tech tree:

Modern Times Tech tree:

(yes, that's a Time Machine)

Popheads with nationality, happiness and specialty indicators:
Download the popheads:
Spoiler :

City/Worker/Irrigation graphics in-game: Citygraphics-> View attachment 402179
Spoiler :

Culture Groups:
Spoiler :

The Time Travel Victory:
Spoiler :
:)

Piracy, eh? Terrorize the world from the ocean? (I mean, before even Privateers come online.)

Time Travel Victory? How does that work? Go back to the beginning and eliminate everyone before they're even a threat? *colondee*

Piracy, eh? Terrorize the world from the ocean? (I mean, before even Privateers come online.)

Time Travel Victory? How does that work? Go back to the beginning and eliminate everyone before they're even a threat? *colondee*

Terrorize and get terrorized at sea. Your transport ships still have your nationality, so it's not totally a free for all. You'll still have to build normal ships.

Time Travel - it's just a different thing you got to build. I'm thinking of expanding it a bit, but that will come eventually.

Theov, I really like some of your ideas. I have stolen some, of course.

I like the idea of early piracy, which led me to thinking...

I'd like to slow the tech rate down. I've already tripled the costs of all techs. I've tinkered with setting minimum turns to 20 (max 60), which helps with balance.

Now I'm thinking of - actually just thought off while thinking about your pirates - making a 'tech wall' by substantially increasing the cost of the last line of techs in an age. Why I am thinking about this is that, if you have a very slow tech rate, you run out of things to build quickly at the start of game. I have partially solved this by adding in a few early improvements. But I think to make each age more fun, immersive, and last a bit longer, while not overly impeding access to improvements, you could up the tech cost of the first couple of tiers by 200% or 300%, and then maybe that last tier by 1000%, while still bookmarking with 20/60 turns. What do you think?

I am wondering this because I handle piracy a bit differently. I don't allow civs to build privateers, but they can build a quick small wonder that produces one privateer every 8 turns or so. The wonder comes with Map Making or Currency, can't recall which atm (so already kinda early). I could, though, make 2 such small wonders, one for early Viking Raiders, and one for Privateers. Not sure if late game pirate unit would be cool. And Somalia is already one of my civs.

Top Bottom