Erebus

Mryddyn arrives on the Ship just as Thomas is practicing his ice magic, he stops dead in his tracks and a dark frown crosses his face. after a few seconds he strides over to Tsanal and sits down .

He pulls out his Yew stave (if i bought it, you never said if i did :p) and holds it at arms length, examining its grain. Finally he closes his eyes and a look of deep concentration overcomes him, as he begins to work on and change the wood. Its ends become narrow and small notches appear, and they twist upward slightly. the middle of the yew stave begins to mould itself to his hand. all along its length small green shoots appear, and extremely detailed carvings and patterns adorn its entire surface. By the time he is finished, sweat is beading on his brow and he is taking breaths much more rapidly than before. he then procedes to take out the other yew stave and goose feathers and craft some arrows (DM can decide how many).
he then proceeds to make a bow string and string new Yew bow (at this point DM decides if the crafting worked or if it failed and the bow snaps in half).

having used up much of his energy on that task, he pulls out his bags of Ivy and briar seeds and some old cloth, and proceeds to wrap up several small packages with a few seeds in each (some with only Ivy, which he colours green, some with only briar, which he colours red, and some with a combination of both which he colours blue). he then places these packages in 3 pouches on his belt, which are colour coded (Green, red and blue)

finally, he takes out the herbs and ointments and begins to mix up some healing salves and potions that will invariably be needed later on down the track.

he then settles down to sleep after wraping his new weapons in oil cloth and packing his healing potions and arrows in his back pack (as a makeshift quiver).

(i have not done anything with my reagents seeds yet thay are for later ;))

I'm also at the ship.

"Anyone fancy a game of darts?"

I use my hairpins to play darts. I also practice my Dragon Dancing.

Btw, how does the ship look like? Does it have an upper deck in the back where we could all sit, and which would be easily defendable?

He pulls out his Yew stave
Your bow is workable, but your strength is too low for longbow, so we'll say this is a shortbow. You can have had time to make 15-20 arrows, but not to test them, so you can't say for sure they will all fly true.

In that case I'd like to order two. Dragon Dancing looks better with two fans.
You will probably be able to get another; in fact the smith seemed quite taken with the idea, meaning you'll get what you want, but eventually the secret will be out as he markets his "Proper Ladies' Defense."

By evening time, everyone has taken their places.
[tab]Thomas, Tsanal, Mryddyn and Munak are on the deck of the ship, passing time. There is a railing on the deck of the ship, in the twilight it will obscure you. Efforts to search below decks are stopped by secure locks on thick doors. You could probably find a way to force entry, if you wanted.

[tab]Nindoro, Mipe, and Ken have spread out along the harbor, keeping the ship in view. About an hour after the curfew horn, a patrol passed by the docks, but you each managed to hide admist the crates on the pier nearest the Long Vision, Nindoro and Mipe being much better at hiding than the soldiers are at searching, at least in a crowded, unfamiliar city.

[tab]Immediately after the footsteps of the patrol vanish, Mipe, being nearest to the warehouse Corvanes spoke of, hears a faint comotion inside it. He is tempted to look inside, then backs away quickly as the door opens silently. Four shrouded figures emerge.

[tab]Mipe and Ken are close enough to hear their whispered conversation. [pm]
[tab]Then one in the lead, a scarred human man with close cut blond hair, points to the boat. The four make their way stealthily to boat and listen to the soft conversation above them. They can't make out what you on the boat are saying over the ocean noise, but have can tell where you are, around the mast. Crates of cheap food have been left on deck, and you have pushed them to make a workable fort.

[tab]Munak and Mryddyn are throwing darts. Nearby Thomas and Tsanalare arguing with their backs to them. Thomas lets out a short gasp when a dart hits his calf, causing him to fall to the deck. He turns to the girl and glares at her.
[tab]"I don't know what happened!" Munak whispers, "It spun in mid air to strike you! Let me help!" She removes the hairpin and binds the flesh wound with a sash.
[tab]Thomas is about to reply, when Tsanal gets their attention--"Look to the bow, fellows!
[tab]Three cloaked men have climbed the ropes, and stand facing you, daggers drawn.

[Those on the boat do not know of any others, though those on the shore see another man did not climb with the others, crouched by the post to which the boat is tied. Thomas' movement is hindered, but he is not bleeding badly.]

After all that happening with thomas, Mipe doesnt run to Thomas because he sees that one of those which maybe shooted at Thomas, is still by the boat. Mipe is going to pray esus that his spells work this time and then turn invisible and sneak to that man (even if spell doesn't work, he still tries to sneak to him) and then hit him unconscious....

ooc: When magic you said was about everything we could have in that element, When my magic is better, would it be possible to me do a shadow spell that when used, will use shadows to trap people in them? :D

Mryddyn, noticing the menace in the 3 newcomers stance, dives to his new short bow, which, thankfuly was still strung, he draws his best arrow, the last one he made, and aims carefully at the nearest man's wrist (the one holding the dagger, which is partially in front of his torso due to his defensive stance) and lets fly...

"who are you and what are you doing here!?" he yells in a comanding voice that is seemingly very out of character for him. The to Munak (who is closest to him) he wispers, "do you think you could get a hair pin in that other fellow's eye? i think we should try take one alive so we can question him..."

[I assume the rat is there, and it's enchanted.]

Tsanal sends the rat to attack one of the men, and then tries to cast a spell at another one, to make him attack his allies. "Keep one of them alive!", he yells to the others, "Perhaps they have some information we can use!"

If the spell succedes: Tsanal then attacks the third, trying to disarm him with his staff.

If the spell fails: Tsanal tries to cast another spell on him, sending thoughts of death and pain into his mind.

The to Munak (who is closest to him) he wispers, "do you think you could get a hair pin in that other fellow's eye? i think we should try take one alive so we can question him..."

"That hairpin might turn around and end up in your eyes. Better find out first what force is at work here." :scared:

I grab my staff and hold it in front of me to hold off the dagger guys, trembling a little.

[I guess I'll only have warfans tomorrow?]

The to Munak (who is closest to him) he wispers, "do you think you could get a hair pin in that other fellow's eye? i think we should try take one alive so we can question him..."

"That hairpin might turn around and end up in your eyes. Better find out first what force is at work here." :scared:

I grab my staff and hold it defensively in front of me, trembling a little, to try and hold off/slow down the dagger guys possibly storming at us.

To Tsanal I ask: "Do you think a burning rat might have more effect? I have some oil with me."

[I guess I'll only have warfans tomorrow?]

"Good point Munak"

[assuming my first attack has ended, either hitting or missing the first guy, and assuming my seed balls are there]

*mumbling* "this ought to slow them down a bit" Mryddyn reaches into his belt pouches to grab a red seed ball, which he attaches to the tip of one of his arrows. clasping it in his palms he prays to Cernunnos that the tiny seeds he hold will be filled with all the growth and age of a well seasoned oak. He then channels part of his life energy into the seed bundle through his gloves and fires it at the central enemy (one he hasnt attacked)...

if the spell works the briar seeds burst into life and when they land they explode into furious growth, entangling and tearing at the enemies flesh with their mean thorns.

"Oil you say? I think I have an idea. Quickly, throw it at that one!", Tsanal says, and points at the one he made the rat attack.

Want me to light it first?
(in that other D&D I played lighting counting as one round and throwing as another IIRC)

"Doesn't matter. When my rat attacks, the heat will probably set fire to him."

"Munak! Tsanal! this is a WOODEN ship, were being paid to prevent it from being destroyed remember? Fire and oil isnt a good idea right now"
(unless Thomas can contain the heat with his evercold ice and prevent it from destroyng the ship. or i guess i could also repair the damage with my gloves later too, with the aid from the rest of the party of corse, it would be a big job :p)

Top Bottom