C2C Pedia

Some mapscripts have coast at 1 and 2 plots from land. I think is because of some mountains on the coast makes the land visible an extra tile out. I can fix this when I add in sea plots if we want.

My view is:
  • Land visible from "deck" of boat = coast plot; If there is a peak or volcano on the coastal land plot then coast goes 2 plots out from land
  • land only visible from crow's nest = sea plot; one plot wide between coast and ocean
  • land not visible = ocean plot, the rest.

I am working on the Python at the moment to add sea between coast and ocean for random maps. I am not doing the variations in depth yet so will just have the "normal" coast, sea and ocean.

I made a new diagram to better help understand what you want the changes to be. I embellished a bit due to boredom on a 4 hour bus ride so its covered with random fish and boats and stuff. its also fairly geologically accurate as my oceanography class memories started seeping in to it.
Spoiler :

tell me if anything needs adjusting. its a bit long so you will need to scroll.

What's the point of the Deep terrains? That is, what distinct mechanical purpose do they serve?

@Red: That sums it up nicely, yes.

@Arakhor: Subs will be able to adjust their depth. Invisibility plays a role in that, yes. But also a sub will be able to move underneath enemies on the surface without attacking. Or over other enemy subs beneath them. Will be developing missions that allow attacks from below or above depending on circumstances as well. Destroyers, for example, with depth charges, that see subs beneath them, will be able to Range Attack them.

Fair enough then.

I have just noticed, while adding terrain adjustments to the Sea Tunnels, that feature changes are not displayed on the pedia page. It does not show when you can build a mine in a peat bog on a hill for example.

I have just noticed, while adding terrain adjustments to the Sea Tunnels, that feature changes are not displayed on the pedia page. It does not show when you can build a mine in a peat bog on a hill for example.

I noticed that as well and was really hoping we could let that be. But I could probably work something out there. Text modifications are some of the most boring complicated work I can do. lol.

There IS a spot where if the tech prereq isn't reached it should be showing the tech prereq. But I realize that being only on the widget, it doesn't help much for the pedia.

BTW, IS there a builds page in the pedia or is it only an improvement page? Could be why it was never done... The complexity of trying to pull up all the potential builds and upgrade paths to get an improvement in the game would be a mess to try to express in the pedia.

I noticed that as well and was really hoping we could let that be. But I could probably work something out there. Text modifications are some of the most boring complicated work I can do. lol.

There IS a spot where if the tech prereq isn't reached it should be showing the tech prereq. But I realize that being only on the widget, it doesn't help much for the pedia.

BTW, IS there a builds page in the pedia or is it only an improvement page? Could be why it was never done... The complexity of trying to pull up all the potential builds and upgrade paths to get an improvement in the game would be a mess to try to express in the pedia.

I don't think text will be enough. We show bonuses by tech and resources but don't show cost adjustments by terrain or feature.

There is no builds page but some of that is included on the improvement page already as the improvement and builds prerequisite techs are shown.

I'll have to post the Icon graphics for invisibilities here in a new post. Given that there are now few places where the invisibility type names are actually given, it may be getting very beneficial to have a pedia page for them so as to be able to link the type name to the icon graphic for a player. Wouldn't mind adding some pedia text to explain what each really is anyhow.

This is not the only thing it may be advantageous to add. If possible I would like to see one for events and quests or perhaps that is a "helpful modder" thing.

I don't think text will be enough. We show bonuses by tech and resources but don't show cost adjustments by terrain or feature.

There is no builds page but some of that is included on the improvement page already as the improvement and builds prerequisite techs are shown.
I have this on my list to work on and it's an 'any time now' project but I'm totally lost as to how you really want structs to be given some display information and where. If you can give me very specific instructions on this I'd be happy to help.

This is not the only thing it may be advantageous to add. If possible I would like to see one for events and quests or perhaps that is a "helpful modder" thing.
Actually I agree that it would be very nice for players to see the list of these and some description of them and how to 'make' them happen. I can see why Firaxis originally decided not to give this but I think for a game with the scope of C2C it can be nice for the player that really wants to know what's possible with these to give that information - and would also, yes, be very helpful for the modders!

It ain't hard to make a new page for stuff like events, invisible types, espionage missions etc
I tried for events before, but it gets pretty fed up when tons of info in the xml file are not exposed to python, including the most basic trigger text.

Even if you bothered to expose every single function to python, it will still not be a detailed info page, since some of the requirements/effects are python coded. There is no way to display those requirements so the most I can tell you is event X needs tech A, civic B, but not whatever special python requirement. So it is kinda pointless.

It's great that we can re-order the tables in Combat Types and the like, but could you make it so that this order is remembered when coming back to this screen ?
1671132674937.png

(It seems to be ordered by default by some kind of page number... but why are Archer and Composite Bowman BOTH
1671132775818.png
?)

It's great that we can re-order the tables in Combat Types and the like, but could you make it so that this order is remembered when coming back to this screen ?View attachment 647688
Not without creating a table out of hundreds of individual panels, buttons and other types of misc UI elements instead of just asking the exe to make a table UI element.
I.e. currently we just ask the exe to make a table and we can fill in it's rows and columns, but all the code for the table functionality is in the exe, so we would have to recreate the table element using loads of other simpler UI elements and then write the functionality code for this "imitation" table in python.

Top Bottom