Space Map 2

Eman448

Chieftain
Hey!

I decided to create another, more stable space map. This time, "Earth" is divided into a few different continents, allowing for more colonization to happen in the renaissance. Civilizations are placed according to type(all asians on one continent, all europeans on another, arab countries in/near the desert, etc.)

In addition, by enabling no barbarians, no cities or units spawn in space, and I also made sure wild animals didn't spawn on most of the planets(except where wanted).

There are many planets and asteroids for you to explore, so have fun colonizing space!

Note: Israel and Jivaro are not placed on earth, they are suppossed to be the 'alien civs'. It is not recommended to start as them.

Attachments

• Space map 2.rar
    76.4 KB · Views: 256
Thanks for doing this. Looks good. Here are a few initial comments.

- I can guess which planets are the Moon and Mars, but what are the others?
- I got an instant "You have been defeated" on the first try, with the Sumerians. On the second attempt, with the Byzantines, it worked.
- Jivaro got placed on the green northeast planet, and Israel got placed on the northeast planet with the water ring.

I am looking for a good testbed for my space colonization mod, so I can turn the synthetic space colonies into "real" colonies on the right kinds of terrain.

One thing that occurs to me is that, if we don't have enough terrain types to distinguish various planets, moons, and galactic objects, map bonuses could give us much more variety. Map bonuses "Callisto", "Triton", and "Pluto" in the city vicinity could be required to build the respective bases (yes, I'm working on those).

Anyway, I really like the appearance and variety of the planets. Earth terrains could be mixed up a bit more, but I'd say it's fine too.

If you can do what you are talking about with the space colonization mod then that would be GREAT! Most of the planets other than mars and the moon are just imaginary, they are not real.

Got it. I hadn't envisioned fictitious planets, but now that I see them, I really like the idea. They could give some real variety to interstellar space.

I'm trying the scenario out and its acting weird.

If I play the release version of C2C from MODDB, it crashes on loading the map

If I use the SVN version, the map loads but I lose right away as soon as I start (both byzantines and Vikings I've tried so far). But, if I try to load a custom scenario of this map, the SVN version still crashes as well when it tries to load.

I went to an older revision (9115) and it still has the same issue. As soon as game loads, I get an instant defeat. And a custom scenario of this causes a crash.

(your first space map works great. No instant defeat on startup and doesn't crash, only in custom scenario does it CTD.)

Top Bottom