Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

@Toffer one f the changes in
  • XML cleanup
  • Fixed some incorrect tag usage for health care buildings.
  • Fixed what appeared to be a completely broken promo: PROMOTION_WAYLAY3
  • Renamed CELTIC_DUN tag to EARTHWALL
  • Got rid of BUILDING_CHOQUEQUIRAO launch error message.
  • Picked up a few other oversight/mistakes in XML (I went over too much to remember exactly what).

is a change of the iPower of Vokarya's Alamut building from 2 to 0. The iPower value is used by the ai to figure out the strength of other nations. In this case the wonder gives a promotion to units. I would have thought that would be a reason to have a value in iPower.

Would be nice to find a new home for this effect then. Maybe instead of adding +1 pop to all cities when you probably only HAVE one anyhow, this effect could be migrated over to the Venus of Willendorf? Would certainly make that more important to try to achieve and wouldn't be quite so late to cause major delays to planting cities to wait for the Bath to be built. Or perhaps to an entirely new wonder. Too cool an effect to deny it a place in the game methinks.

I thought we had left off with Pyramids adding improved span of time for golden ages, reductions in anarchy times, crime, and revolution indexes, and an improvement to cultural revolt stability. Still up for discussion but I thought those were all good things to include.

For stuff that should be less common than the standard map resources tend to be, this approach of requiring two of them seems good. But for things like Flint, for example, I would've thought EITHER stone OR obsidian OR marble OR mere Rocky terrain being in the vicinity would've been appropriate.

Aka, there could be better ways to address what unlocks some non-directly map placed resources that have not yet been explored.

I am against all "reduction in anarchy" especially on wonders that would normally be built by leaders with the Spiritual trait because Spiritual trait gets no anarchy.

I was not suggesting a change from requiring the two or more resources for the "hard to find" resources only that the current building that you need to get then be free but also not provide anything except the bonus ie no extra :commerce:,:hammers: or :yuck:.

As for flint I agree with "EITHER stone OR obsidian OR marble" bur not so sure about Rocky Terrain. Also not sure we can set it up except with a BuildCondition. Although that would not matter if it was auto built.

I am against all "reduction in anarchy" especially on wonders that would normally be built by leaders with the Spiritual trait because Spiritual trait gets no anarchy.
I'm not sure the trait has that now and I know that religious shift anarchy and civic shift anarchy has been separated according to the latest trait tags and that spiritual is intended to eventually lose the ALL anarchy negation effect and take on a reduction in religious anarchy instead. This will leave the political trait to take on reduced anarchy. In general, I think already the negation of anarchy in full is a thing of the past for traits.

A -25% Anarchy time would not be too severe. It's roughly what the National Wonder of the National Courier System does.

only that the current building that you need to get then be free
The problem with getting free buildings like this is that it really detracts from the game experience where you get the feeling of having earned a special bonus by noticing that the building is even in the list to be constructed. You probably wouldn't even notice it otherwise.

As for flint I agree with "EITHER stone OR obsidian OR marble" bur not so sure about Rocky Terrain. Also not sure we can set it up except with a BuildCondition. Although that would not matter if it was auto built.
Pretty sure it's possible. That ConstructCondition tag is REALLY manipulable to many types of concepts at once. Still, how common is flint really? IMO, this is what would make the difference with whether we'd want Rocky Terrain alone to qualify it.

@Toffer one f the changes in

is a change of the iPower of Vokarya's Alamut building from 2 to 0. The iPower value is used by the ai to figure out the strength of other nations. In this case the wonder gives a promotion to units. I would have thought that would be a reason to have a value in iPower.
Hmm, even though Alamut still has 2 iPower in the SVN, I do agree with you, buildings that give experience, promotions or defense modifiers, and techs that unlock new units should give some iPower.

I can only remember that i removed iPower from myths, anyhow, if I did remove iPower from a building that has military value, then I made a mistake.

Hmm, even though Alamut still has 2 iPower in the SVN, I do agree with you, buildings that give experience, promotions or defense modifiers, and techs that unlock new units should give some iPower.

I can only remember that i removed iPower from myths, anyhow, if I did remove iPower from a building that has military value, then I made a mistake.

Looks like I had it backward, you changed it from 0 to 2 not the other way round. Sorry.

Hi.
If I haven´t programmed xml, but know java. How long time would it take for me to learn and implement Sweden as a country in C2C? With a flag and maybe move some of the leaders from barbarians/independent leaders to sweden.

Would that be more difficult making swedish as a european culture (wonder)?
Seems like making it to a culture would require more work, in aspects of balance and implementation of buildings or units or effects.

Any thoughts?

BR Loffas

Hi.
If I haven´t programmed xml, but know java. How long time would it take for me to learn and implement Sweden as a country in C2C? With a flag and maybe move some of the leaders from barbarians/independent leaders to sweden.

Sweden civilization is included in this pack:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=538110

About Swedish C2C culture:
Im currently working on huge update to C2C cultures. And guest what - Sweden will be included :)
As a unique unit I choose Karoliner and as Hero - Gustavus Adolphus.
This update should be ready in next month.

In next months I plan to add unique building/terrain improvement to all cultures. If you have Idea for one of them for Swedish culture it will be great.

In next months I plan to add unique building/terrain improvement to all cultures. If you have Idea for one of them for Swedish culture it will be great.

I suggest u keep each in a different modmod available in the My-Mods area., just a suggestion . .

Sweden civilization is included in this pack:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=538110

About Swedish C2C culture:
Im currently working on huge update to C2C cultures. And guest what - Sweden will be included :)
As a unique unit I choose Karoliner and as Hero - Gustavus Adolphus.
This update should be ready in next month.

Nice!!! :):)

Allright, yeah if I get some ideas i can get back to you.

I was in a bad mood, now i´m not anymore :):):p:p:):)

BR Loffas

CONFIRMED

SVN 9100 update Will Break all saves made from any Revisions Prior to SVN 9084.

JosEPh

IS there a unit that can hunt animals in the sea effectively like the hunters do on land?

Primarily it's the Explorer units that do the best but the withdrawal factor is going to be tough until we can get equipment into play. You cannot pursue a unit that can dive.

@ DH:

I am really really liking the new burial/caves and wonders u recently added. VERY nice job!!:goodjob:! . . SO;)

@ TB: Excellent work on the new crime "details" almost feels like a NEW game again . . .SO;)

@ Sparth: again great job on the graphics and mod reduction, this was badly needed, . . SO ;)

@ Toffer, the new textures for making the mod look great again, . .SO ;)

@ Faustmouse: expanding to the galaxy is looking good, thx. .SO

@ alberts2: great job on the NEW schema's and making thing run better, thx . .SO;)

@JoesphII: thx for going over the crime and some of the diese problems we have had. . SO

@calvitix: thx for the French translations . . .SO ;)

and everyone else that have been writing to C2C personnel, i dont have all the names of everyone, so if i missed some, sorry . .

Would anyone be opposed to me changing around the "default" traits to see if it helps BEFORE TB gets what he needs to do, which from what i take it, will take quite awhile?????

I don't have any problem with it. Obviously, after I get my traits done, if they are going to be the core traits then it will be a 'next step' to do exactly that again but if you want some adjustments there now, no problem with me.

Top Bottom