"Mine Warfare" and/or "Pirates and Merchants" by OV?

Okay, guys!

Now, the tech "Piracy" requires "Naval Warfare" to be discovered. Ancient Pirate units now need a "Smuggler's Shanty" and/or "Pirate's Cove". The modern ones, I don't know, maybe we need some buildings for them.

I'm not sure, if the strengths of the "modern" pirates and "hunter" units need some fine-tuning?

Btw, Hydro? I think it would be more logic if "Smuggler's Shanty" and/or "Pirate's Cove" require "Piracy"... wouldn't they? :)

@ DH I don't know how to fix a CTD... in that issue I'm a nooby. What causes it in general? How can I fix it? :sad:

Post a save game where it will CTD on end-turn (so presumably the one you complete the research of the triggering tech) and I'll debug it (assuming it CTDs for me to).

Post a save game where it will CTD on end-turn (so presumably the one you complete the research of the triggering tech) and I'll debug it (assuming it CTDs for me to).

Thanks Koshling, for offering your support. The thing is, I didn't get that CTD, but DH got it... Hope he'll read it or otherwise I'll test it on my own... but this takes a little while. :mischief:

I am getting aCTD without any notice or error when I finish studying Piracy!

@DH and Koshling

I was playing a quick game (Blitz, Duell Map, German...) I get "Naval Warfare" via "Worldbuilder" :)mischief:) and I didn't get a CTD... but I played the newer Module I made. So everythings works fine for (with pure v18, not SVN)...

Maybe you could look at it, I post "CTD Piracy2" (one turn before getting "Piracy") and "CTD Piracy" (one turn after getting Piracy).

So, for me it works, I hope for you too. :)

Attachments

• CTD Piracy.CivBeyondSwordSave
    59.4 KB · Views: 64
  • CTD Piracy2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    57.4 KB · Views: 34
Ok the request is sent to SO. Piracy tech now requires Naval Warfare and Fermentation (what's a pirate without rum?) Should be up on the SVN soon.

Done in SVN already.

@mcookie83 one minor thing to remember, when you say good morning it is way past my bed time.:) So don't expect comments from me for about 8 hours. ;)

Now that "Piracy" is already in the SVN here the newer .rar-"Ships"-folder... I removed "Piracy", so there is just "Coast Guard" in that module.

Just tell me, if there is something to change. :)

Hmm didn't Dancing Hoskuld already add the Trade Cog and Galleas as well as some sort of Merchant Fleet thingy?

Also coastguard tech is in the wrong spot. Probbly just have to get SO to add it. I am thinking X62 Y5 on the tech tree.

No, I added some naval units between the ancient and renaissance naval units. Those are not merchant units. I need to check that the piracy/anti-piracy ships line up in strength etc with those units.

I also added a Merchant Fleet event. This is a special fleet not one you can build so I don't see the need to change the event or the merchant vessels in this mod. We may need to make sure the AI can handle merchant vessels. It can caravans of the three types (food, trade and production) so it should.

@mcookie83

SO added the Coast Guard tech to the SVN. So that's now included in the core. You can take that part out of your mod then.

So, guys!

Updated version: Removed the techs and added separated Texts to the folders. Thanks for your uncomplicated support so far!

Tell me what you're thinking about it now, if you have the time to do so... :mischief:

EDIT: Ah, btw, do you have the Gametexts for the techs? Otherwise I'll post them again...

Attachments

• Ships.rar
    2.2 MB · Views: 39
"Good Morning", guys (all over the planet)! @ DH :lol:

I just have one question:

When I think this "Pirates and Merchants"-Mod is doing well and almost that perfect that I want it to be, do you guys push it to the SVN (if you want to integrate it?:mischief:) or do you want me to do it my own, with your permission, of course?

That's all I want to ask, because it's more than halfway ready.

Okay... have a great night, day... whatever! :D

Ps. Good job with the new resources!!!

OK, there is something wrong with the ships concerning piracy and anti-piracy at the moment (v19).

Buildings:-
Smugglers Shanty
- TECH_PIRACY

Pirates Cove
- TECH_NAVAL_CANNON, TECH_ASTRONOMY and TECH_PIRACY

Units:-
Pirate Ship 1 - Dragon Ship (str 5)
- Smugglers Shanty
- TECH_PIRACY, TECH_METAL_CASTING, TECH_SHIP_BUILDING

Pirate Ship 2 - Barbary Corsair (str 16)
- Pirates Cove
- TECH_OPTICS, TECH_PIRACY

Anti Pirate 1 - Galleass (str 8)
- Shipwright
- TECH_GUILDS, TECH_COMPASS

Anti Pirate 2 - Sloop of War (str 14)
- Shipwright, Iron

1) the sloop of war comes along before its predisessor galleass!
2) the tech requirements for the Barbary Corsair don't match those for the buildings.
3) some of the prereq techs are already prereqs for the other techs.

I think I will try swapping the techs for the two anti pirate ships as a start.

OK, there is something wrong with the ships concerning piracy and anti-piracy at the moment (v19).

Buildings:-
Smugglers Shanty
- TECH_PIRACY

Pirates Cove
- TECH_NAVAL_CANNON, TECH_ASTRONOMY and TECH_PIRACY

Units:-
Pirate Ship 1 - Dragon Ship (str 5)
- Smugglers Shanty
- TECH_PIRACY, TECH_METAL_CASTING, TECH_SHIP_BUILDING

Pirate Ship 2 - Barbary Corsair (str 16)
- Pirates Cove

Anti Pirate 1 - Galleass (str 8)
- Shipwright
- TECH_GUILDS, TECH_COMPASS

Anti Pirate 2 - Sloop of War (str 14)
- Shipwright, Iron

1) the sloop of war comes along before its predisessor galleass!
2) the tech requirements for the Barbary Corsair don't match those for the buildings.
3) some of the prereq techs are already prereqs for the other techs.

I think I will try swapping the techs for the two anti pirate ships as a start.

I agree. Go for it.

Top Bottom