+25% Peak Defense
+15% vs Non-Animal Barbarians

Guerrilla III
+50% Hills Attack
+50% Peak Attack
+20% vs Non-Animal Barbarians
+15% when Fortified outside a City
Invisible when Fortified outside a City

These ones are not doable I think. The other changes are now on the SVN.

After some consideration...

Wouldn't it be possible to give +% vs Barbarians while establishing an equal -% vs wild animals to counteract the benefit against animal barbs?

Additionally, I suppose the benefit of invisibility would be a bit tough to implement unless I can find some time to raid FFH2's code for it. Now... we've stated that mountaineering would be too overpowered but what if the third Guerrilla promo could lead to a Mountaineering promo once its unlocked around the time we introduce the donkey explorer?

After some consideration...

Wouldn't it be possible to give +% vs Barbarians while establishing an equal -% vs wild animals to counteract the benefit against animal barbs?

Additionally, I suppose the benefit of invisibility would be a bit tough to implement unless I can find some time to raid FFH2's code for it. Now... we've stated that mountaineering would be too overpowered but what if the third Guerrilla promo could lead to a Mountaineering promo once its unlocked around the time we introduce the donkey explorer?

A long while back Koshling changed all such modifiers to be multiplicative as opposed to additive, as they were in vanilla BtS, so that would not quite work.

Riot control I - IV all show as being the same in the pedia. I presume they stack?

Riot Control: They do, just doesn't display. Have to check Crime the turns after to see the effect.

I don't understand@ls612, Koshling; I know some things were changed to be multiplicative but combat chance bonuses/penalties are not among the things I thought were done that with?
Withdrawal, yes, food stored in cities, yes, combat odds??? That would be counter productive IMO.

Cheers

Riot Control: They do, just doesn't display. Have to check Crime the turns after to see the effect.

I don't understand@ls612, Koshling; I know some things were changed to be multiplicative but combat chance bonuses/penalties are not among the things I thought were done that with?
Withdrawal, yes, food stored in cities, yes, combat odds??? That would be counter productive IMO.

Cheers

Combat odds were NOT changed. Only food stored and a few city modifier multipliers were changed.

Combat odds were NOT changed. Only food stored and a few city modifier multipliers were changed.

Oh, I was unaware of that. Thanks Koshling.

@Bluegenie: Your suggestion should work then, I'll look into adding it to the SVN today.

Edit: Nevermind, I can't seem to find a way in the PromotionInfos XML to add a combat vs. barbs modifier. I may be missing something obvious, if I am please tell me, but I don't think that it can be done without a new tag.

So that would work then? How does everyone else feel about the 3rd lvl Guerrilla leading to Mountaineering then?

I think that letting that lead to Mountaineering would be OP. Mountaineering was designed as a very rare, hard to get to (you need Combat V!) promotion to allow you to explore mountains before you get the proper tech. That should remain hard to get IMO, and linking it to Guerilla III would be a bad idea.

Right now it only needs Guerrilla II. Having it need Guerrilla III (and possibly Combat IV too) would be less than it is now.
Though I've yet to see any of my units being allowed to actually take the promotion despite seemingly having all the requisite things for it (unit class and Guerrilla II).

Cheers

Right now it only needs Guerrilla II. Having it need Guerrilla III (and possibly Combat IV too) would be less than it is now.
Though I've yet to see any of my units being allowed to actually take the promotion despite seemingly having all the requisite things for it (unit class and Guerrilla II).

Cheers

Oh yeah, you're right, I was thinking of the Warlord mountain promo.:crazyeye: I have implemented your suggested changes now on the SVN.

In previous versions I generally have Musketmen that can stand up to a Rebaldiguin (sp). Not now. A rebald with 4 1st strike promotions is impossible to beat. Some how my warring neighbor the Tupi found out how to get this! It was very very bad until I could hole up in a Castle with Bombard turrets with a defensive factor of 120%. Other than that my own rebalds with 1 1st strike and collateral D were cannon fodder to his rebalds with the 4 1st strike promos along with my Muskets with 2 str and Prankeration. I founded Hellenism. These Rebalds just plain mopped the floor. And I still have not found out how to get this 4 levels of 1st Strike.

That being said other units like Camel knights and Crussairres (sp) also have mean promos. So if you don't have camels you Better have Bombard Elephants or your Mailed knights and Zebra crussaires are toast to the enemy, even with the new Chivalry and Marksman promos.

JosEPh

Oh yeah, you're right, I was thinking of the Warlord mountain promo.:crazyeye: I have implemented your suggested changes now on the SVN.

Does that include the anti-barbarian elements?

On a side note:

I believe I mentioned, ages ago before we started actually working on these, that we should have a 4th level of city defense. Additionally, it would be nice to include a minor city defense promo chain for melee units - perhaps something like:

Streetfighter I
+15% City Defense
+5% City Attack
+5% vs Melee

Streetfighter II
+15% City Defense
+5% City Attack
+5% vs Mounted

Streetfighter III
+15% City Defense
+5% City Attack
+5% vs Archery

Streetfighter IV
+20% City Defense
+10% City Attack
+5% vs Melee, Mounted, Archery

All available for Melee units.

I like that... city planning is always one I'm reluctant to go for but that might sway me ;)

EDIT:
Also, another footnote - We're finding the limits placed on the trained animal units to be really making even having exp for those units fairly useless (and rather frustrating). I'd suggest at least opening up the Combat, Withdrawal, Field Fighter, Forestry and Guerrilla lines fully for them while keeping the terrain options. They would also serve pretty well with a lot of visibility expanding promotions as I use them as sentry units to wake up and alert me to new intrusions. First strike might be too advanced an idea for them as would any anti-troop type promos and the highly advanced Commando, Fanatic and such types. I've also been thinking they should maybe also have access to their own unique line, something I'll give some thought to as I go here.

Out of curiosity, is it currently possible to give a promotion to a unit that counteracts its opponent's chances of withdrawal? I can see animal units using such a promotion as they would be rather effective at tracking and chasing down troops attempting a getaway.

Obviously you don't want feedback in this thread. Where should someone post their feedback about these promotions?

Thank you
JosEPh

I like that... city planning is always one I'm reluctant to go for but that might sway me ;)

EDIT:
Also, another footnote - We're finding the limits placed on the trained animal units to be really making even having exp for those units fairly useless (and rather frustrating). I'd suggest at least opening up the Combat, Withdrawal, Field Fighter, Forestry and Guerrilla lines fully for them while keeping the terrain options. They would also serve pretty well with a lot of visibility expanding promotions as I use them as sentry units to wake up and alert me to new intrusions. First strike might be too advanced an idea for them as would any anti-troop type promos and the highly advanced Commando, Fanatic and such types. I've also been thinking they should maybe also have access to their own unique line, something I'll give some thought to as I go here.

Out of curiosity, is it currently possible to give a promotion to a unit that counteracts its opponent's chances of withdrawal? I can see animal units using such a promotion as they would be rather effective at tracking and chasing down troops attempting a getaway.

Do they see invisible? Or get an easy-to-get promotion that allows them to? This would put them on part with the dog units and make them more useful as anti-stealth sentries.

Top Bottom