Material in the late game

pepper2000

King
Hi all,

I've been playing Caveman 2 Cosmos for a long time, and it really can't be said enough what an incredible job you guys have done. I would like to make what modest contributions I can. Specifically, I would like to add some material to fill in all those empty techs in the Transhuman and Galactic Eras.

Attached is my first attempt at modding, and if I did it right, it is the James Webb Space Telescope, a Great Wonder that opens at Exoplanet Discovery. At least it works on my system, built from SVN 8913 I think. For some reason the image shows up blurry in the game.

If it would be helpful and not interfere with someone else's work, I have a bunch of other ideas for late game buildings and a few tech tree modifications. I will get to work on them as my schedule permits.

Attachments

• Pepper2000.7z
    11.3 KB · Views: 38
We are open to changes especially if they are done for us. They would need to be discussed and tested before being included in the core game.

I put your folder in the My_Mods folder and it mostly works. The path to the icon/button is not right and would cause a CTD if anyone attempts to build it. It is easily fixed though.

edit Ah ha, I see you used the path in the button definition to minimise time. To make things easier to merge into the base game we normally use the relative form so the path would have started with "art". It is a bit slower but not noticeable most of the time. We would also use the path structure the same as the core so that we would not need to change the XML when the module was moved into the main mod. In this case the path would have been "art/interface/buttons/buildings". Very minor things that make life easier in the long run.:D

I agree completely with DH. We do need contributions in that area for sure. But we do need the opportunity to review things so posting the concepts here and in modmod form is the way to get reviewed for inclusion.

And this is not to suggest in the least that the effort is anything less than appreciated.

We are open to changes especially if they are done for us. They would need to be discussed and tested before being included in the core game.

I agree completely with DH. We do need contributions in that area for sure. But we do need the opportunity to review things so posting the concepts here and in modmod form is the way to get reviewed for inclusion.

And this is not to suggest in the least that the effort is anything less than appreciated.

Agreed . . . SO :)

Thanks guys. Of course, I understand that all proposals need to be reviewed by the team for bugs, balance, and appropriateness. I am doing this for fun, so I will be happy if all, some, or none of my ideas are incorporated into the game.

DH: thanks for pointing that out. I am using the suggested path now. And I think I figured out the blurry button problem.

My paid job takes priority, of course, but I would like to post a modmod once I get a good batch of content.

Top Bottom