New Official Arriving / leaving / introduction thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome chris``

Hi all,

I'm arriving and leaving, and leaving and arriving.. this is a true story:

I went south to see family for Christmas (December) and stayed longer than anticipated. Fate (or God - I am Christian) moved me around a few hundred miles, and deposited me in Southwark, London. I arrived with a briefcase of clothes, and some money... but no bankcards, or proof of ID.

I didn't think, or I thought too much... but anyway, when I called home I discovered all my stuff (including PC, ID, &c.) had been put into storage! *Seriously!*

So here I am. Does that seem right to you? Definately weird. I had some plans, but they have all been scuppered by unforseen circumstances.

Lots of weird stories. Seen loads of people from my past (from all over the world) in London, which is also kind of freaky since none (except one) had any connection to London when I knew them. Is the world shrinking?

In a way, I'm still not back from Christmas holiday :eek:

What horrifies me the most is the cost of property in London. I could have a lovely four bedroom detached house with a pool in sunny Florida, for the same price as a single-room studio flat in London! Wtf? Well, I'm off to Sainsbury's now... :rolleyes: Later!

stormbind said:
Is the world shrinking?

No, it's just becoming more and more accesible. :)

Hope everything works out for you there, somehow.

:)

I am overcome with a desire to throw out a few things that have occupied my life for the last year. I am struck by the reality that many things, this place included, are nothing more than obstacles which occupy one's time and provide petty mental distraction. My head must be cleared; I will return when it is clear and it has room for a place like this.

Fairwell, cgannon64 - hope we'll see you again from time to time.

stormbind said:
Welcome chris``

Hi all,

I'm arriving and leaving, and leaving and arriving.. this is a true story:

I went south to see family for Christmas (December) and stayed longer than anticipated. Fate (or God - I am Christian) moved me around a few hundred miles, and deposited me in Southwark, London. I arrived with a briefcase of clothes, and some money... but no bankcards, or proof of ID.

I didn't think, or I thought too much... but anyway, when I called home I discovered all my stuff (including PC, ID, &c.) had been put into storage! *Seriously!*

So here I am. Does that seem right to you? Definately weird. I had some plans, but they have all been scuppered by unforseen circumstances.

Lots of weird stories. Seen loads of people from my past (from all over the world) in London, which is also kind of freaky since none (except one) had any connection to London when I knew them. Is the world shrinking?

In a way, I'm still not back from Christmas holiday :eek:

What horrifies me the most is the cost of property in London. I could have a lovely four bedroom detached house with a pool in sunny Florida, for the same price as a single-room studio flat in London! Wtf? Well, I'm off to Sainsbury's now... :rolleyes: Later!
No matter what the fates may be saying to you say no to living in London. Though it is only a statement and nothing you can live by, a 1 br in Mpls, for example, will only set you back $475/ month and you still get to live amongst the peoples of the world. No, seriously though, say no to London, Paris, NYC, etc; those places are traps, they will suck all the life from you and take all of your money, you can find nirvana in your own mind at a much lower rate away from the presumed cockpits of "hip" and "sophisticated discourse"!

Edit: blah, blah, blah y nevermind tambien. When I am drunk certain forms of parochial, local non-national patriotism take over. Move along, there is nothing to see here.

cgannon64 said:
I am overcome with a desire to throw out a few things that have occupied my life for the last year. I am struck by the reality that many things, this place included, are nothing more than obstacles which occupy one's time and provide petty mental distraction. My head must be cleared; I will return when it is clear and it has room for a place like this.

The Enemy Ace will miss you unique outlook on life, Gannon.

In your honour, I will happily spread atheist corruption and misery while you are gone!

:)

cgannon64 said:
Experience is what makes a life whole. I applaud your choice to get some in the real world and not via the internet. Unless you have taken up Zen, clearing your head won't solve the problem. When you are confused you are learning. You are a seeker and time will bring order to your mind. Your departure is our loss. "Live wisely, Love ferociously." :)

Kenneth Patchen said:
Snow is the only one of us that leaves no tracks.

Back from Pendalton for a few days, spending Easter with my mother and wife. It's nice to see many of the same peeps.

Highlights - Am now a full Corporal, Semper Fi. Made it to the top of mount m-f'er without falling out of a march. Passed my Sergents test and in a year or two most will be an NCO! :goodjob:

Lowpoints - Mount m-f'er in general, some cherry 1st lt that loves getting on my ass, blisters and I have to wait for another deployment to the sandbox :(

cgannon64 said:
I wish you luck on your soul searching, but doubt that you will stay away for more than a month.

Hi everyone,
I'm a normal player of call of Duty and CivIII...I'm a huge WWII Fanatic and love to play paintball.

I was curious what your policy on cursing/swearing is.

-GE

goldeagle said:
Hi everyone,
I'm a normal player of call of Duty and CivIII...I'm a huge WWII Fanatic and love to play paintball.

I was curious what your policy on cursing/swearing is.

-GE
Not allowed here except with asteriks and other funny marks. check the home page for rules and stuff. If you behave, welcome.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumRules.shtml

Welcome goldeagle and goodbye cgannon.

cgannon64 said:
Well you're probably too long gone to get this, but I'm sad to see you go. There aren't a whole lot of people around here I consider to be both like-minded and possessed of a mind, and I'll be rather lonely all by myself on one side of most issues without you.
I certainly understand your reasoning, though. There was a point at which I was making around 10 posts a day; that's just a huge waste of time. I tried to quit entirely, but settled for just cutting back.
Odd how similar CFC is to heroin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom