Yet Another Merger

I think you clicked the wrong link after choosing to d/l; I just tried and didn't have that problem. Make sure you click on "Download content without installing the Download Manager".

Edit: Hrm...I have confirmation of something like a compatibility problem with Chrome. Is that what you're using?

I'm having trouble with Opera...

Why not just upload it to rapidshare? Much easier.

Double-post for separate topic: jdog, have you ever tried going into the foreign-affairs screen when you don't know anyone? I'm not sure if it's a Rev problem or a NwT problem, but I accidentally did so a while back and Python barfed all over me. Didn't crash anything, but still possibly with looking into.

Also, about ChangePlayer: I just used it to change Wilhelmina of the Netherlands into Cunhambebe of the Tupi, and it worked quite well - in fact, the noted bug about the flag not changing did not occur; but oddly enough; the units' artstyle didn't change, though units produced subsequently were created with the new artstyle.

Can someone tell me why this text-modifying XML isn't working?
Spoiler :
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<Civ4GameText xmlns="http://www.firaxis.com">
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>TXT_KEY_CIV_CELT_DESC</Tag>
		<English>Gaulish Empire</English>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>TXT_KEY_CIV_CELT_SHORT_DESC</Tag>
		<English>Gaul</English>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>TXT_KEY_CIV_CELT_ADJECTIVE</Tag>
		<English>
			<Text>Gaulish:Gauls</Text>
			<Gender>Male</Gender>
			<Plural>0:1</Plural>
		</English>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_CELTIC_GALLIC_WARRIOR</Tag>
		<English>Gaulish Warrior</English>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>TXT_KEY_CIV_AMERICA_DESC</Tag>
		<English>
			<Text>United States of America</Text>
			<Gender>Male</Gender>
			<Plural>1</Plural>
		</English>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>TXT_KEY_CIV_AMERICA_SHORT_DESC</Tag>
		<English>The USA</English>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>TXT_KEY_CIV_AMERICA_ADJECTIVE</Tag>
		<English>Union</English>
	</TEXT>
</Civ4GameText>

It appears nothing can be upgraded? I can not spend the money like usaual to upgrade my units?

There are no Revolution changes to Civ4UnitInfos.xml that I remember, but there was an unofficial patch change to make Conquistadors ignore city walls or something. I think that's all. You can always use this really great program called WinMerge to see exactly what's changed, I may not remember everything ...

Version .95 is live!!! OP will be updated shortly.

New Stuff:
  • Rev updated to DCM 2.51
  • New button-style for flags
  • A whole lotta flags replaced (again)
  • PLAYERCOLORs shuffled to cut down on too-similar ones and match new flags better (experimental, will almost certainly reshuffle at least once as some of the current ones really suck)
  • New Civilizations added:
    • Gold 5 New-World Realignment implemented
    • Ainu
    • Assyria
    • Mexico
    • Poland
    • Goths
    • Huns
    • Olmec
    • Magyar/Hungary
Known Issues:
  • ChangePlayer seems to be broken
  • Irish UB

Also, a note on the way I re-rendered names involving diacritics, specifically the ones that use macrons (-, as in &#333;) and breves/carons (roughly like u/v above another letter, as in &#259;/&#353;) above letters, which are mostly Mandarin vowels with tone-marks: The charset CIV uses doesn't have chars with those marks except for &#352;/&#353;, so I substituted circumflexes (^, as in ô, which I've already seen in use for Japanese long vowels) for macrons and umlauts :), as in ä) for breves/carons, which works because none of the languages in question uses both members of either pair. The lone exception to this rule is "A&#353;&#353;ur-baani-apli" (Ashurbanipal); since Romanized Assyrian does use both a macron and a circumflex, I instead rendered "-b&#257;ni-" as "-baani-", since from what I could tell the macron just denotes a lengthened vowel.

A further note on the Mandarin names: They're not spelled in proper Hanyu Pinyin (ie "Qín Sh&#464;huáng") or Wade-Giles (ie "Ch'in Shih-huang") form at all; after a bit of research, I re-rendered them in the best way I could come up with to represent to myself how they're pronounced. YourMileageMayVary.

Hrrrm, I think it may be time to get my own subforum. How does one go about that?

@Dune flower
I apologize for posting a visitor message but I had not been able to find the thread until now. I start a game but there is no display.:aargh: Any suggestions would be welcome

Top Bottom