Barbarians more intelligence

djm_jm

Warlord
Good, I don't play Civilizations V for some months. Yesterday, I play for a quickly time and I see some diference about barbarians. I think that he is more intelligence and tatics.

Anyone recent patch improved this or it's only a impression?

Behavior changed a lot with BNW if you got that. I noticed the same thing. "Raging" makes the behavior different too.

I found these two changes yielded lots of barbarian armies that especially targeted civilians like workers and pillaged every valuable thing in sight. Very annoying. Rarely attack cities just gallop around and nerf them by stealing all your workers and pillaging everything. They also seem to use terrain better. :p

Far more intelligent now, definitely. In particular the barbarian cavalry are the spawn of the devil himself. They will pillage all your trade routes and resources if you give them half a chance.

I definitely noticed a difference. The AI has attacked me in a relatively intelligent manner with multiple units on several occasions.

When playing single player I absolutely have to play with raging barbarians, otherwise I get too bored, also removing the exp cap for me and the AI leads to some interesting upgraded unit battles later on ;)

Top Bottom