Wtf? Random Insults?

vivalamexico

Prince
Ok, in my current warmonger game the AI hates me. I get it. However, Shaka and Cathy are obviiously past the denouncement stage. Every few turns, their screen pops up with some random insult...like the "puny empire/army" one, except more creative. Cathy just had one where she told me that she mistook me for a horde of barbarians, while Shaka told me not to get any filth on his carpet. Never seen this before.....:confused::confused: Anything special that triggers it?

Yeah, that's how they roll. You're lucky you're not playing against Greece--Alex is the biggest trash-talker in the game.

Yeah, that's how they roll. You're lucky you're not playing against Greece--Alex is the biggest trash-talker in the game.

Yeah, I've gotten trash talk (alex included :mad: hate him), just none this frequent or unusual. I've done worse warmongering (just took 2 caps in this game, thats it), but this doesn't happen then

I love how they're getting more creative. "Ah, it's my favorite city-state!"

That one has actually been around since Vanilla as have all of them. :(

You can get one whenever they are hostile. Within the category they'll pick whichever section your ranked lower; even if you are #2 in the world in it.

I find that Monte and Alex are the biggest trash talkers. I equate it to random third world despots lobbing around terms like "running-dog imperialists" and "great satan" largely for the purposes of providing grist for their propaganda mills.

The ais insulting really want to get in a war with you. If you go to war with these ais, they won't be able to talk to you or insult you again unless you negotiate peace.

Some of the insults are clues to things their empire might be beating you at. If they say you're uncultured, for instance, I think it means they're generating more culture per turn. If they say your army is puny... Time to build units!

Lol, yea, love that screenshot in funny scrshots thread where Enrico says that :lol:

No, Venice, you're my favorite city-state!

That one has actually been around since Vanilla as have all of them. :(

You can get one whenever they are hostile. Within the category they'll pick whichever section your ranked lower; even if you are #2 in the world in it.

Ah yeah, they've all been around since vanilla, but I usually hear some way more than others.

Would they still insult you if you hypothetically were ahead of them in every single category?

No, Venice, you're my favorite city-state!

Ah yeah, they've all been around since vanilla, but I usually hear some way more than others.

Would they still insult you if you hypothetically were ahead of them in every single category?

IIRC, they will ask "why would someone would pick on the less fortunate?" And "it's a shame some people get their kicks by picking on those less fortunate." If they're hostile and your ahead of them in everything and stuff like that.

It can be a bit annoying late game when the AI's turns takes a long time(relatively), and you think "Why don't I go grab something in the fridge or go to the bathroom meanwhile" only to come back to a screen of some random leader saying "You're stupid and smelly nah nah nah nah nah nah nah".

It can be a bit annoying late game when the AI's turns takes a long time(relatively), and you think "Why don't I go grab something in the fridge or go to the bathroom meanwhile" only to come back to a screen of some random leader saying "You're stupid and smelly nah nah nah nah nah nah nah".

+1 This infuriates me all the time. I get back to my computer to find that it's still sitting on some obnoxious diplo screen since just after I pressed Next Turn. And it usually happens when my wife and daughter are in bed, so I can't even scream my lungs out in frustration :(

It isn't always a message. Last game I got one of the "puny army" taunts from Lizzie, and my army was ranked #2 (and hers was not #1). A little later my puny army rolled through her capitol.

wish this could be turned off, or at least switched to a notification that pops up on the right side of the screen. if you don't have something important to say, leave me alone. i don't care that you are happy i befriended your friend. if there isn't a meaningful choice i can make on the screen, then leave me alone.

I love the message when you're influential

"Our citizens are wearing your jeans and listening to you pop music"

They basically say like

Do you even realize what you've done?!

Ok, in my current warmonger game the AI hates me. I get it. However, Shaka and Cathy are obviiously past the denouncement stage. Every few turns, their screen pops up with some random insult...like the "puny empire/army" one, except more creative. Cathy just had one where she told me that she mistook me for a horde of barbarians, while Shaka told me not to get any filth on his carpet. Never seen this before.....:confused::confused: Anything special that triggers it?

Ah, It's my favorite city-state!

How was your day? :king:

Spoiler :
I love the insults in Civ5 it really livens up the normally dull game. Only thing that firaxis failed on insult mechanism is the fact you cannot insult the AI back. :(

I think that is what the insult about wishing you'd just go away is for.

Top Bottom