How best do I get a friendly civ to declare war on my enemy with me?

NaSMaX

Chieftain
How best do I get a friendly civ to declare war on my enemy with me?

If your friend wont be bribed or the the price is too high you can try to bribe your target to DOW your friend. As long as you DOW your target on the same turn you won't pay a penny(except lump sums of gold).

Bribery. Use the trade screen, not the Discuss screen.

This. If they won't declare with you from the Discuss screen, go to Trade, select "Declare War On..." (your enemy), and click "What Do You Want For This?". If they say "There is no way to make this deal work", then you're out of luck, but sometimes they will offer to attack if you give them cash/strategic resources/etc.

This. If they won't declare with you from the Discuss screen, go to Trade, select "Declare War On..." (your enemy), and click "What Do You Want For This?". If they say "There is no way to make this deal work", then you're out of luck, but sometimes they will offer to attack if you give them cash/strategic resources/etc.

I have seen times when even after they say there is no way that offering a good amount of gold they will agreed and start to listen to offers

I have seen times when even after they say there is no way that offering a good amount of gold they will agreed and start to listen to offers

Yeah, it happens from time to time; I just tend to throw in the towel and declare on my own though because I'm too impatient to keep gradually increasing the amount of gold I give them until they agree to declare.

My beef is, that when I want to use this, I've already taken down half of the AI's, and the rest of them are 'guarded' or worse; my money is no good by the time I can afford this trick !!!

At that point why do you need this "trick"? The time to engage other civs in your war is earlier, when you more likely need their help and the "common enemy" warmonger discount. Later in the game you're just trolling the AI, since whoever you get to DOW another AI is probably your next victim.

Idk why cses do this but when you have a lot of gold, cses don't request gold help.. I had up to 2000 gold saved up during the medieval era once and cses hardly ever asked for gold...

Top Bottom