Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

Not sure if anyone has raised this point before, but I'm finding Canada's +1 delegate per friend really OP, especially on 34/43 civ modded gameplay. It's impossible to influence the world congress in any meaningful way...they just have waaay to many delegates.

Canada is just too god-darn friendly with everyone, stupid maple-syrup diplomacy getting them free friends...

No idea if you would even consider tweaking it, but perhaps making it so they gain +1 delegate for every 2 friends they have might balance it more. :)

It might be OP on such games, but there are many civs that get very powerful likewise in games with high player counts. Most games these days have people battling against 8 or less people.

Quick question, is there any way for More Civs Mexico and CL Mexico to be running in the same game? When ever I have both enabled, one of them is bugged out. In the Civ selection, instead of it saying "Leader name - Mexico" it says a lot of code instead "MEXICO_TXTCIV_" etc.

Not that I know of just yet - but after Canada, Mexico will be the first civ to be receiving an update.

It might be OP on such games, but there are many civs that get very powerful likewise in games with high player counts. Most games these days have people battling against 8 or less people.
Putting a cap in place might be a good way to go, so that it doesn't get OP in large games yet has no impact on smaller games.

Quick question, is there any way for More Civs Mexico and CL Mexico to be running in the same game? When ever I have both enabled, one of them is bugged out. In the Civ selection, instead of it saying "Leader name - Mexico" it says a lot of code instead "MEXICO_TXTCIV_" etc.

This is because neither of us put in compatibility things in the code (So we're both TXT_KEY_MEXICO instead of TXT_KEY_MC_MEXICO or TXT_KEY_CL_MEXICO), so the game has two TXT_KEY_MEXICO and as a result doesn't do either of the text files. I'm working on an update now to fix it and overhaul MC's Mexico with all the bells and whistles which have come in since then, just need to figure out decisions first

If you want to cut down on the coding workload, we could share some decisions. There are plenty of ideas in this thread :)

Australia bug: unit panel not showing from the start of the game. I'm using EUI and a lot of other mods.... That only happened to me when I played with Australia, though.

Putting a cap in place might be a good way to go, so that it doesn't get OP in large games yet has no impact on smaller games.

Pooky, don't you think you're being a little overzealous? In games played with ca. 8-10 AIs, Lester's UA is powerful but not an insurmountable obstacle, even if you're going for a Diplodocus victory yourself. You can't make friends with everyone, even if you're Canadian. Besides which, massive games are very much the exception rather than the rule; I don't necessarily think you should balance Civs around them.

But a cap wouldn't affect anything except the much larger games, where it will now be balanced, and have 0 influence on the much smaller games. I literally don't see any downside to a relatively high cap to prevent Lester from running away in huge games. Given Tpang is literally in charge of a 40 or so AI game, I'd figure he'd appreciate it more than anyone!

Event: Students are protesting our government, claiming all sorts of nonsensical things.

>>Appease them with free tuition's!
(Lose 500 gold)

>>Let the Cartels offer them a deal they can't refuse.
(Capital enters Anarchy for 5 turns)

This is certainly an idea, if not a good one :p

Granted you're absolutely right and point duly taken, although now that I've seen the ensuing idea ping-pong discussion, I think this cap idea seems like a good-work-around *so long as it isn't too much trouble to code/update*

All up to you guys of course!

Pooky, don't you think you're being a little overzealous? In games played with ca. 8-10 AIs, Lester's UA is powerful but not an insurmountable obstacle, even if you're going for a Diplodocus victory yourself. You can't make friends with everyone, even if you're Canadian. Besides which, massive games are very much the exception rather than the rule; I don't necessarily think you should balance Civs around them.

It doesn't even matter if there are 22 civs, because it would be impossible to befriend them all :mad:

If you end up making friends with everyone, you're sure to make some enemies...

Is that a challenge? I'll go for a diplo victory with Canada without City-State alliances! And I'll make it!

Lol make sure you have Australia and Hitler as AIs then.
(Also when does the BR Mk. II start???)

Bugs. Sorry for the DP.

Lol make sure you have Australia and Hitler as AIs then.
(Also when does the BR Mk. II start???)

I get Hitler - but why Australia? His friendliness rating is super high.

By the way, we're overhauling Canada with a slightly altered UA and new unique attributes:

Canada
Leader: Lester B. Pearson

Keepers of the Peace - Mounted Units temporarily claim neutral land and provides :c5greatperson: Great Merchant Points when garrisoned. Upon declaring friendship, Canada and their friend gain +1 :c5citystate: Delegate to the World Congress.

Voyageur - Unlike the Great Merchant which it replaces, Voyageurs are capable of creating Fur resources in :c5citystate: City-State territory, which provides you a large amount of Influence. Cannot construct Customs Houses, but may conduct Trade Missions with city-states.

Hudson's Bay Company - Alongside the benefits that the Bank provides, the Hudson's Bay Company causes local Forts to provide +1 :c5gold: Gold and +1 :c5greatperson: Merchant points, and local Trading Posts to increase the :c5strength: Defense of units by 25%. Mounted units trained in a city with a HBC start with Survivalism I and can construct Forts.

doe staht mean they can gain the other survivalism promotions as well?
also, I like that, Its very synergetic. Though, what will be the decisions? Or am I asking for too much now...

(Also Australia could be chalenging at times... You can befriend anyone, I had a DoF with the Zulu a few games back, then demolished their army with Giant Death Robots and XCOMs)

doe staht mean they can gain the other survivalism promotions as well?
also, I like that, Its very synergetic. Though, what will be the decisions? Or am I asking for too much now...

(Also Australia could be chalenging at times... You can befriend anyone, I had a DoF with the Zulu a few games back, then demolished their army with Giant Death Robots and XCOMs)

Decisions:

Enact Race-Free Immigration

Requirements/Restrictions: Player Must Be Canada. Player must have entered the Modern Era. May only be adopted once per game.
Costs: 500 :c5gold: , 2 :c5greatperson: Magistrates
Rewards: All allied :c5citystate: City-States grant you +1 :c5citizen: Population. :c5citizen: Population is spread evenly throughout your cities.

Pass the Canada Health Act

Requirements/Restrictions: Player Must Be Canada. Player must have researched Biology. Player must have built at least three Hospitals. May only be adopted once per game.
Costs: 2000 :c5gold: Gold , 2 :c5greatperson: Magistrates
Rewards: All Hospitals provide an additional +2 :c5food: Food, +1 :c5happy: Happiness.

Top Bottom