The Road to War - Ultimate Edition!

in the beta version i had turned bitter winter off...now i want it on..but defult seems to be off..at least for me..i have deleted old beta version and all, but I can't seem to get Bitter Winter on..I tried the GlobalAlt.XML thing but I dont see a thing that is like 1= and all

EDIT:I see a bitter winter thing in the GlobalDefines notepad thing..but it is alredy at 1

You can't raze cities.

Bitter Winter is controlled via GlobalDefinesAlt.xml and by default is on (= 1). BW doesn't start till the end of 36 so make sure you've played a year.

You can't raze cities.

Bitter Winter is controlled via GlobalDefinesAlt.xml and by default is on (= 1). BW doesn't start till the end of 36 so make sure you've played a year.

o ok thanks:) i never noticed it didnt start till later.

I deliberately didn't initiate BW at the start of the scenarios due to the amount of unit movements going on in the first 5 or so turns. Add BW to that, and you'll be waiting 10 mins between turns for the AI. :lol:

Just out of curiosity, which idiot decided not to let bitter winter come down even to moscow in the release verson of RtW?

EDIT: And also Dale, could you please bring back the ability to sell multiple copies of the same resource to a country the way it was in Add-on 2? I remember the joy I felt after capturing the middle east as Germany, knowing I would be racking huge bundles of cash by selling all the oil to America. Before I failed to load the save, lol.

Just out of curiosity, which idiot decided not to let bitter winter come down even to moscow in the release verson of RtW?

EDIT: And also Dale, could you please bring back the ability to sell multiple copies of the same resource to a country the way it was in Add-on 2? I remember the joy I felt after capturing the middle east as Germany, knowing I would be racking huge bundles of cash by selling all the oil to America. Before I failed to load the save, lol.

That's a BtS 3.17 bug fix. ;)

Fixed bug that caused the AI to trade for resources it already had

Not sure what you're talking about here. Image 1 is Europe (well south of Moscow) and image 2 is Global (still 4 more turns till the southern most peak of winter) and even November is just past Moscow now.

I have played up until September 1940 as Germany, 1936, Monarch with 1.1 and so far it is quite exciting, the AI seems more willing to build units. Britain however keeps a large number of its ships in port rather than bombing my units along the French coast. Also I have seen the USSR remove an enormous stack of units from the Baltics (one city left there with one defender and a fighter) simply because the stack got wounded in group-combat.

Dale if you are willing to do any further work on this mod, I would love a version (or instructions on how to do it myself) with all the default combat rules, including fighter limits per city, single-unit combat, no ranged bombard, no lethal bombard etc. I honestly believe that, while all of these things are extremely good fun for the human player, the AI is NOT using them correctly or optimally at all and it is just one more way the human player can mop up the AI.

However I respect the current release and if you were to do no more work with it I'd be happy. I would love a full-fledged game made out of this. (I have Combat Mission Barbarossa, which is much too complicated for me - a game in-between that and this mod would be perfect.)

Dale if you are willing to do any further work on this mod, I would love a version (or instructions on how to do it myself) with all the default combat rules, including fighter limits per city, single-unit combat, no ranged bombard, no lethal bombard etc.

At least some of these features can be switched on and off in GlobalDefinesAlt.xml.

The 1939 maps are still a write-off :( , this is October 1 1939, only the USSR has managed to capture any of Poland's turf. It also *looks* as if Germany has disbanded some of its units here, and it is certainly a dud.

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/9256/civ4screenshot0009ju8.jpg

I know some people love the 39 maps, but in all honesty it was never my intent to make them the important part of the mod. It's "The Road to War" not "World War II". ;)

What has been changed in 1.1? I just wish to know before downloading, because I have a very slow and unstable connection, so downloading these new versions clogs my connection for most of the day.

(Most importantly has the 'AI disbanding most of its military' in the global scenario bug been fixed?)

What has been changed in 1.1? I just wish to know before downloading, because I have a very slow and unstable connection, so downloading these new versions clogs my connection for most of the day.

(Most importantly has the 'AI disbanding most of its military' in the global scenario bug been fixed?)

it has..but not for the 39 maps..well they dont disband as much as they used to...but the 39 maps I say dont play em..Besides 36 maps give you more control over how your nation leads into WW2...what units do you want for example..and on a 36 map you can do it

I have played up until September 1940 as Germany, 1936, Monarch with 1.1 and so far it is quite exciting, the AI seems more willing to build units. Britain however keeps a large number of its ships in port rather than bombing my units along the French coast. Also I have seen the USSR remove an enormous stack of units from the Baltics (one city left there with one defender and a fighter) simply because the stack got wounded in group-combat.

Dale if you are willing to do any further work on this mod, I would love a version (or instructions on how to do it myself) with all the default combat rules, including fighter limits per city, single-unit combat, no ranged bombard, no lethal bombard etc. I honestly believe that, while all of these things are extremely good fun for the human player, the AI is NOT using them correctly or optimally at all and it is just one more way the human player can mop up the AI.

However I respect the current release and if you were to do no more work with it I'd be happy. I would love a full-fledged game made out of this. (I have Combat Mission Barbarossa, which is much too complicated for me - a game in-between that and this mod would be perfect.)
a full-fledged game? as In like how like for example Call of Duty 4 is a game...? Wouldn't that be impossible because Dale is using the CIV4 engine for his MOD..and he doesn't own that engine?

a full-fledged game? as In like how like for example Call of Duty 4 is a game...? Wouldn't that be impossible because Dale is using the CIV4 engine for his MOD..and he doesn't own that engine?

As in how C4: Colonization is a 'game', i.e. same engine, with shiny new graphics and some loving tenderness from the fingers of an expert AI programmer.

Thousands of people would buy it.

Not sure what you're talking about here. Image 1 is Europe (well south of Moscow) and image 2 is Global (still 4 more turns till the southern most peak of winter) and even November is just past Moscow now.

I mean the one that came with BtS, before addon pack 1.

As in how C4: Colonization is a 'game', i.e. same engine, with shiny new graphics and some loving tenderness from the fingers of an expert AI programmer.

Thousands of people would buy it.

my point exactly..Dale doesn't own the CIV4 engine or even have rights to it.......at least from my understanding

I just had a CTD after mopping up a Soviet stack (via stack-attack) in January 1942. Maybe my machine just ran out of memory? :(

Top Bottom