CivWorld is now Open Beta, no invites needed

It keeps telling me that the game server is not responding

Interesting. Now if only certain older family members would allow me to have a facebook...

At least the links on the top of the page are active, or at least some of them are. Odd that it doesn't change mouse pointers to indicate they're active links though.

I'm guessing server issue, or network. They need a bigger cloud.

If you were having issues connecting to the game, just wait a minute and try refreshing. The servers are pretty hammered but we're working on it!

All you fo0lks out there that are at work and trying to play this game...STOP. You should be working and not playing this game...or trying to. I wanna play and i am not at work.:crazyeye::lol:

Sadly the game is nothing like Civ. I had fun for two days doing the puzzels. But I know that these games is all about the comunity and cooperations. Playing it mainly as a single player its not fun.

If you were having issues connecting to the game, just wait a minute and try refreshing. The servers are pretty hammered but we're working on it!

Still having trouble. Any update?

What a crap game it felt like a poor version of Age of Empires ... sorry ... won't be playing that again...

AOE? You got to be kidding, it's far worse than that. I have to say, even Zynga's Empires and Allies is way better.

This is not even past alpha status. I guess all the people waiting for open beta will soon realize this game is only riding on the Civ franchise just as Civ 5 has been doing. It's the end of the franchise as far as I am concerned. Not with Firaxis at least. It's pretty sad

It felt so cartoonish ... not what I'd expect from a great franchise.

What a crap game it felt like a poor version of Age of Empires ... sorry ... won't be playing that again...

Age of Empires online completely smokes this...in all honesty

If anything it's Zynga's E&A...but worse.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm against it because it's different. It's because for an 'open beta' this day and age that you can still use micro-transactions in(which IMHO loses 'beta status' immediately when that happens) it's just unfinished, unpolished, and just an utter mess, lol.

What a crap game it felt like a poor version of Age of Empires ...
That's sort of what it feels like... a poor-man's version of both the Age of Empires and Civilization series. It didn't feel like Civ, and it didn't feel like AoE.

I played for a couple minutes and lost interest. Probably won't come back, never liked FB games (when there aren't annoying pop-ups, there is the need to log on ever so often to check on things, and to accomplish much of anything, you have to fill your FB page with spam).

Sadly the game is nothing like Civ. I had fun for two days doing the puzzels. But I know that these games is all about the comunity and cooperations. Playing it mainly as a single player its not fun.

Yeah, you can't really do anything by your self. I joined a civ with some wonders already build and it got more interesting.

Top Bottom