Guess the New Civs

But... There's barely any tundra in sweden :O
Thogh, the actual climate in scandinavia haven't stopped game developers in the past (Age of Mythology with their polar bears and walruses spring to mind)

Perhaps they mean to add some kind of Sami feel to a Swedish civ.

there's a problem with having the inuit they were nomads they never had a city but I guess you could use northern Canadian city's like Iqaluit, but it's probably swedan. Oh and Canada is NOT one big tundra actually there's hardly any tundra at all. All of it is in the far north like baffin island.

I agree... I don't know how a simple question of how many Colony civilizations are there got to another histroical discussion, I guess my point was they are very unlikely to add a Colonized (post Renaissance) nation as a civ, they are more likely to add a Native (Inca, Aztecs, Iroquois etc) instead of Canada, Brazil, whatever.

As best I can tell, shifting the discussion to history is a Strawman-style argument. Etiquette dictates that you can't say "It won't be Xanadu, Xanadu sucks and Flatland rules! It'll be Flatland for sure!", not to mention that this type of argument would probably be somewhat discrediting to the poster. Instead, people argue the demerits against a civilization being included using vague, arbitrary criteria. Some of the posts are mildly ethnocentric or xenophobic, but for the most part it's people trying to build a framework in which their favorite civilization works, so that they can have the joy of certainty that it will be included.

For my own sake, my vague and arbitrary criteria for a Civilization is that it should have or share hegemony over the affairs of the world, on the scale appropriate to the time in history; or else it's presence on the world stage serve as summary of a conglomeration of events of lasting impact. So Rome clearly passes, it had hegemony over the Mediterranean for a significant period. Carthage controlled Mediterranean trade until the Romans razed them. Greeks were nothing like a modern nation, but they had economic hegemony over the eastern med, and shared military hegemony with the Persians until Alexander bulldozed the Persians. The Huns are probably a pass because whether or not they actually caused the fall of the Roman empire, they certainly signify and exemplify it.

Isn't Iqaluit considered an Inuit city eve though it is located in Canada? Though, I'd bet on Nuuk being their capital, and their city-list being a mixture of Greenlandic and Canadian towns.
yeah but the city was founded by settlers i'm not sure but I think by british that or canadian settlers after Canada became independent. But either way inuit helped out.

okay forget about the message above the history is Iqaluit was founded as a american airbase in 1942. Now since this is off topic I think the inuit are the last civ because they interesting but sweden would be okay to.

Who wants an Amish civ? Wikipedia lists them as an ethnic group.

And now you gave this mental image of a Amish massed cavarly force riding out to meet the Hunnic Horde. I may have to draw this and get it out of my system if I want to sleep ever again.

the amish are to peaceful they would have no UU maybe a UI and\or UB but no UU

And now you gave this mental image of a Amish massed cavarly force riding out to meet the Hunnic Horde. I may have to draw this and get it out of my system if I want to sleep ever again.

:lol: :lol:

I think that might be Zulu, the Legendary CIV of CIV series.

Or might be Venitian Republic for following concept of G&K that Venice was a important part of Crusade, Papal conflicts, Greek colonization, War with Byzantine, or even wealth of spice commerce.

Or Srivijaya http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srivijaya
the maritime southeast asia empire which the Borobudur was bulit.

And how about you? what is your opinion about this last civ of G&:king:. Please share.

Moderator Action: Threads merged. Sorry, we already have a guessing civs thread :(.

About the last civ,I suppose it'll have to fill these pre-requisites:

1st)It won't be an European civ(there are already 3 European civs in G&K(4 if you consider Byzantines as an European civ));
2nd)It'll be a civ that wasn't represented in earlier civ games(there are only 2 civs that haven't been in Civ series before);
3rd)It has to be a King/Queen or an Emperor/Empress as a leader,because of the "Kings" in expansion;
4th)Its culture should be unique enough for not being too similar with other civs already in Civ5 and G&K;
5th)It'll probably represent a region in the world never represented in Civ series before;

With only 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th pre-requisites,there are plenty of civs to choose . But with the 5th pre-requisite,I think there are about 3 civs that fulfill these pre-requisites:

- Majahapit(don't consider Srivijaya because their name is too hard to pronunciate);
- Brazil;
- Kongo;

Can you explain why it has to fulfill those 5 prerequisites? Because you are quite right in that with those 5 conditions, you end up with Indonesia (even simpler than those other two), Brazil and Kongo. But from what ideas do you get the idea that f.e. it has to be from a region not represented in civ or that the leader has to be a King or Queen?

Majahapit is also bit difficult to pronounce

Attila wasn't a king, or emperor, atleast I highly doubt

There's technically 5 European civilization (Spain).

About the last civ,I suppose it'll have to fill these pre-requisites:

1st)It won't be an European civ(there are already 3 European civs in G&K(4 if you consider Byzantines as an European civ));

Conversely, we could see the fact that there's already 3-5 European civs included as a trend, so the 9th civ would be probably European as well.

Top Bottom