The Road to War - Ultimate Edition!

Hey guys, ive been a viewer of these forums for some time as im of the belief that RtW is one of the greatest Civ mods ever (having played from CivII onwards) and wanted to keep up on any updates.

However, my biggest criticism of the entire mod is the total overpowering of artillery in relation to its retaliatory strikes every time an artillery unit is attacked.

i was wondering if there was anyway using the Unitinfos-XML (im a total novice with XML btw) that could alter it so that it would only allow artillery to retaliate against an attacking unit/stack X times per turn?

If so it would be very much appreciated if you could link me like the post above to the specific text (with line/column number) and what to change as most of my RtW games just ends up being who can out produce on artillery. :rolleyes:

Cheers in advance,
Sols :goodjob:

You simply need to edit the Unit Class file and limit the number of artillery allowed to be built. You could even set it to "0".

Code:
<UnitClassInfos>
 <UnitClassInfo>
  <Type>UNITCLASS_LION</Type>
  <Description>TXT_KEY_UNIT_LION</Description>
  <iMaxGlobalInstances>-1</iMaxGlobalInstances>
  <iMaxTeamInstances>-1</iMaxTeamInstances>
  <iMaxPlayerInstances>-1</iMaxPlayerInstances>
  <iInstanceCostModifier>0</iInstanceCostModifier>
  <DefaultUnit>UNIT_LION</DefaultUnit>
 </UnitClassInfo>
</UnitClassInfos>
-1 = unlimited.

NOTE: Make a copy of the file before you edit it.

I installed Rtw UE and placed it in bts mods folder but whenever i try to go and load it as a mod nothing happens. no errors appear or anything It doesnt do anything. Please Help!!!

Please help, I am trying to disable the huge smoke clouds in the CIV IV BTS RTW WWII Europe and Pacific scenarios, how do I do this please?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1. Download RtW-UE: http://www.atomicgamer.com/file.php?id=79288 or http://www.filesend.net/download.php...b31ad53b259edf
2. Delete the existing RtW Mod folder ..\Beyond the Sword\Mods\The Road to War
3. Unzip the downloaded file to the same Mods folder as step 2 ..\Beyond the Sword\Mods\.
4. Start BtS, the RtW and play!

I tried those links. They don't work for me. Any suggestions? I really want to try out the world map. I'm playing Germany in the Europe map but it's just not the same. I smashed through the Russian frontier and since Russia doesn't have half her country she lacks the strength to come back.

Top Bottom