always peace?

JBConquests

Prince
Will Civ Rev have an "always peace" option? I play civ 4 with my son with this option on since he is too young for the full game. If revolutions has "always peace" I might buy it. If not, I won't.

there aren't any customisable options, other than difficulty, (and i read sometihng about choosing game speed or timer speed or something)

It would be a shame if it wouldn't. Civ rev is going to be more simple than the others. Therefore, younger players would be able to understand it more. It would be very dumb for them not to.

there aren't any customisable options, other than difficulty, (and i read sometihng about choosing game speed or timer speed or something)

Well, that sucks. I can see why they would want to simplify the customization options for the consoles, but that seems to be taking the idea a bit to far...

If you don't like a game then don't play it? What nonsense is this?

isnt civ rev cartoon voilence? like loony tunes?
if so not that big of a deal in my oppinoin, plus yur kid may take an intrest in history if he read the cvilopedia.

it doesn't seem very violent...unless you set off the nuke :)

When you destroy a civilization they come out and yell at you, then slink off screen again :)

I don't find it to be any more violent than many of the cartoons your kid probably watches(and less bloody than simpsons...)

We do play Civ4 now with Always Peace. That is a good option for us and we will continue that way.

He is a little to young for this level of violence. In a couple of years that will change. Those cartoons Thrallia mentioned he can't watch yet either. Parental controls on Satellite receivers are a wonderful thing... :)

I am probably a little more protective than other parents but the rating of Civ 4 is I think E 10+ which means for 10 year old and over. He has a couple years to go until he is 10. I figure if I turn on always peace then that makes it E.

It's an educational game based on history, and war is an important aspect of history! I don't see the harm in letting your son learn about the reality of history. He'll see worse violence on his favorite television shows. He won't grow up to be Hitler just because he declares war on another Civilization...

But that's just me...

We do play Civ4 now with Always Peace. That is a good option for us and we will continue that way.

He is a little to young for this level of violence. In a couple of years that will change. Those cartoons Thrallia mentioned he can't watch yet either. Parental controls on Satellite receivers are a wonderful thing... :)

I am probably a little more protective than other parents but the rating of Civ 4 is I think E 10+ which means for 10 year old and over. He has a couple years to go until he is 10. I figure if I turn on always peace then that makes it E.

Are you telling me that there are parents out there actually looking at the ratings?
I thought they all ignored it and went to whining and suing people instead.

I guess it is possible to learn something new every day.

Are you telling me that there are parents out there actually looking at the ratings?
I thought they all ignored it and went to whining and suing people instead.

I guess it is possible to learn something new every day.

I don't really understand why most parent's want to expose their kids to violence. I don't know if they don't understand the effect it has on them or if they just don't care. From my observation, we parents who enforce ratings are few and far between.

It's good that JBConquests takes an interest in his child's welfare, but it is possibly going to far to restrict him from playing Civ. It is completely harmless, I assure you. :)

Top Bottom