Complete list of Steam Achievements

A few tidbits I discovered myself:

For the "God is Great (1000 temples)" achievement:
If you start a game in the modern era or later every city you found gets credit for THREE temples.
For example, I began a game with 638, founded 3 cities, left, and had credit for 647

For the "Panzer Shafernator General" achievement (100 great generals, ... )"
This is only the generals won by completing a battle. You can't simply fill out the first first civic in the Honor tree.

For the "49er" (1000 mines) achievement:
Founding a city on a resource which is located on a hill, gives you credit for 1 mine.

For the "Appian Way" achievement:
Railroads do NOT count as roads

For the British Navy achievement (sink 357 ships):
You don't have to sink them with other ships. Guided missiles, stealth bombers, etc... all give you credit. I recommend a ton of destroyers, and a few carriers with stealth bombers to clean up the map REAL quick.

What would really be useful is a list of all the buggy / non working achievements so people don't waste time chasing the impossible.

What would really be useful is a list of all the buggy / non working achievements so people don't waste time chasing the impossible.

"The Paul Murphy Award for Excellence and Attractiveness" log doesn't seem to keep track of civolopedia entries read.

"Tomb Raider" Many times taking over the Egyptians never seems to work.

"The Elephant Battle" Tried this against different UU never seems to work.

"War Canoe Attack" Not sure if I've tried this yet or not myself but have read many have and no joy.

"Cat Fight"Tried this many times never unlocks.

"I Have the Power" Have had many units win 20 fights never unlocked.

"Hundred Years War" Another I haven't tried personally but there doesn't seem to be a counter in the log for this.

"Can't We All Just Get Along?"I've done a few games with no wars and never unlocked.

"Magellan" Semi bugged have to edit xml file to get to unlock.

"Knowledge Is Good" haven't tried reports of broken.

"Diplomat" Ditto

"Manifest Destiny" tried to get this one a few times never seems to work.

"Model of a Modern Major-General"Lancers and lancer replacement UU don't seem to register on the log

Think I got them all that are bugged

Oh should also say alot of the attack ones B-17,I can has nukes etc might seems bugged but I found that you can't open the war with the attack and get it too unlock I had to declare war wait a turn then use the nuke b-17 etc for it to register.

Panzer "Shafernator" General is also bugged - I'm at more than 100 in the log file on all three counts (standing army, great generals, wins) with no trigger.

Panzer "Shafernator" General is also bugged - I'm at more than 100 in the log file on all three counts (standing army, great generals, wins) with no trigger.

:eek: That's crazy. I've got 4 victories so far. :(

:eek: That's crazy. I've got 4 victories so far. :(

To be fair - a lot of them were settler difficultly to get other achievements... and the last ten were reloading from the turn before a victory.

Sadly I'm at 104 achievements and think the rest are bugged so I'm back to playing for a challenge rather than playing for achievements!

To be fair - a lot of them were settler difficultly to get other achievements... and the last ten were reloading from the turn before a victory.

Sadly I'm at 104 achievements and think the rest are bugged so I'm back to playing for a challenge rather than playing for achievements!

Gotcha. ;)

I'm trying to combine achievements and playing for a challenge. So, each game I play as a different leader, on a different difficulty level, map size, map type, etc. In my 4 games I've won with 4 leaders, done the first 4 difficulty levels, all 4 map types, 4 map sizes and 3 victory conditions. It's actually quite fun. I'm certainly trying out a lot more things than I've every tried in previous civ games.

Bummer was in the process of working on that one while i was filling in the 1000 count ones :/

What is required for the have all DOW you at once? I thought there was an AW option as in Civ4, but not finding it. So do I need to to find everyone get them to declare? Can I find them and I declare?

Do you need any specific number of nations or will a Duel work? I guess you can get a DOW by planting a town next to them.

Somebody remind me who Alexman is ... didn't he do a lot of code diving here on CivFanatics in Civ3?

He was not a coding when Civ3 came out as we played together in some Poly games. I think he did work on PTW and for sure Civ4.

The notice was the article he wrote "everything you want to know about corruption" for C3C.

How does the mod part get counted? I mean you do not d/l one form Steam afaik. Do they check on a certain folder? How would they know, if you had rated a mod?

Edit I found the means in the mod forum.

I tried to get the loss for MP, but even though I DOW and stuck my only settler next to an infantry unit, they did not attack.

So I deleted the settler and lost, but it did not record.

The win recorded just fine for MP.

Yeah, I've got 104 - all yours plus "Last Man Standing". Don't think there are any others I can get until they finish fixing the game.

Just got last man standing. I was having trouble syncing up and joining the game so I just started a game with AI and crushed it :lol:

Max 104

Someone should start a thread in the Bugs forum about the 15/16 achievements that are bugged.

At this point we don't know whether Six Degrees to Sid is bugged or not. Most likely it hasn't started yet. I'd assume that there would be some publicity surrounding it. But, nobody has reported getting the others. I believe that Magellan is listed as a confirmed bug right now, but it should probably roll into to a master bugged thread.

Actually, this one's pretty easy; you only have to conquer the known world by 350 BC, so once you take out your own continent, you're set. On the small map, I had two of the five opponents on my continent, and took them out in time without too much difficulty (largely thanks to a goody hut giving me a UU very early)

Or you just complete the War tutorial. :p

Top Bottom